Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Not that this thread is lacking in changes of direction, but while we’re on the topic of digital music, what was the first CD that you bought? This is for the over 50 crowd who actually grew up flipping albums over.
Mine was Tesla Mechanical Resonance, a very fine piece of music that still holds up today.
The Blues Brothers, The Definitive Collection.
Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
You magnificent SOB. :LOL:

How's that JD #27? I've been tempted to try it.

I'm a barely-warmed-up-and-I'm-there drive from the Woodinville Whiskey joint. I don't see any Angel's Envy or Basil Hayden in your stores.
Pricey and worth every penny. Extremely smooth. The maple barrell gives it a slightly different aftertaste compared to oak. I think I've been through 2 bottles.

Dont care for AE or BH. Dont care for Eagle Rare either.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Pretty much anything on vinyl sounds better than everything on CD, Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Pandora, etc. Digital sucked the soul out of music.
I have a system at home that would make you rethink that statement. Itll give you chills.

Sponsored

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I have small batch and single barrel. Theres a bunch that you can't see in that pic.
Now you're just teasing..... It's almost impossible to get up here any more.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
its coming

ipa mojave.jpg
The bar I used to work at had Arrogant Bastard on tap, we had an unofficcial pint challenge. A buddy of mine came in for his birthday and tried to break tthe 7 pint record. He ended up puking all over the men's room. His friends and girlfriend were nice enough to clean it up so I didnt have to.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I was out in the sticks, 1 channel only on the black and white tv… party line phone with 5 digits.

And who remembers the HiFi radio and turntable that was a piece of furniture?

EE8DFF47-0E11-4323-9E27-B2C6FD8A53D2.jpeg
I bought a house 8 years aog and the owner left one of these in the basement, along with some 8 tracks. The 8 track player didn't work correctly and I never got around to figuring out why. I ended up selling the house with the player still in there.

I did pick up a reel to reel from my aunt's house when we had to clean it out. That worked and I still have it.

Awhitebuff

First Name
Buff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Can't really remember my first CD. Maybe Judas Priest? My first vinyl record was Frankie Valley & The Four Seasons, Working my way back to you. Am I old?

Sponsored

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Not that this thread is lacking in changes of direction, but while we’re on the topic of digital music, what was the first CD that you bought? This is for the over 50 crowd who actually grew up flipping albums over.
Mine was Tesla Mechanical Resonance, a very fine piece of music that still holds up today.
I am not 50 yet and I grew up flipping albums, I still have ~3 years to go. My first CD...hmmmmm, maybe A Tribe Called Quest, or NWA.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I got my first Walkman around 1994? The first cassette was a promo with one side having Blackbird by the Beatles and I can't remember the other (Blackbird remains to this day one of my favorite songs). Liking the promo the first cassette I bought was the blue anthology album. Picked up some Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins along with a few Hootie and the Blowfish albums.

First CD I got was a Christmas gift. It was the soundtrack to the Godzilla movie that had the Puff Daddy / Jimmy Page "Come with Me" (Kashmir) song and a few others that weren't half bad. I didn't actually own a CD player. I had to use my computer to play it, which seemed kind of cool at the time. The first CD I bought was 400 Degreez by Juvenile.

Yeah, I had a fairly weird mix of music before Napster came around and totally changed everything. Suddenly I went from a few dozen cassettes and CDs to literally anything I could think of.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
So who had to pass these back and forth in the back of the bus on the way home from basketball games?
Went to a private Christian academy so we were segregated on the bus and didn’t get to give our attentions to the cheerleaders. Mattel electronic football it was.🙁
Jeep Gladiator O D6F8C0E2-C9B4-4415-A1D5-41CFB4101A39

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
My first CD was Vanilla Ice. :LOL:
Sponsored