Sponsored

Last Jeep Wave oil change... Thankfully!

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Every time i go in for service, something happens.

One time it was they rotated the tires and they then made a crap load of noise, so i had to switch them around so they were not swapping sides/rotation direction. Other time the next morning there were a bunch of oil stains on my garage floor from oil spill in the engine bay...

This time they hit the front bumper. I saw it when i walked out side. Went in, they saw it, said sorry, ordered a new wing tip.... bahhh

[For both the E46 M3 i had, also included free oil changes. I was friends with the tech (who was a great tech as it was, worked on race cars, etc).... I would drive to the dealership, check in for the oil change, the tech would drive the car around the back, pop the trunk put the oil bottles and oil fitler in the trunk and drive it back around the front where I was waiting. As far as BMW was concerned the dealer did the oil change, dealer got paid and I did it at home. Back then the oil in the E46 M3/S54 engine was the second most expensive bottle of oil on the market, second only to the Ferrari Enzo!]

Cant wait to go back for the Diesel fuel pump recall (which I love going on road trips and into the back country knowing my fuel pump is basically a ticking time bomb)....

Jeep Gladiator Last Jeep Wave oil change... Thankfully! IMG_6022
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
. I was friends with the tech (who was a great tech as it was, worked on race cars, etc).... I would drive to the dealership, check in for the oil change, the tech would drive the car around the back, pop the trunk put the oil bottles and oil fitler in the trunk and drive it back around the front where I was waiting.
Just Curious..What was impeding your becoming friends with the Jeep Tech and the Ser. Mgr? Worked for you with the Beemer.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
lmfao at those clowns. How hard is it to not hit something?

Well, your truck will miss its 6 quart oil changes I am sure.

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
. I was friends with the tech (who was a great tech as it was, worked on race cars, etc).... I would drive to the dealership, check in for the oil change, the tech would drive the car around the back, pop the trunk put the oil bottles and oil fitler in the trunk and drive it back around the front where I was waiting.
Just Curious..What was impeding your becoming friends with the Jeep Tech and the Ser. Mgr? Worked for you with the Beemer.
The tech at the BMW dealer did work building race cars for a friend... It was actually the service tecj who suggested we do that because he knew I already did most of the work on my sports cars anyways. So it was not a cold hello Jeep service manager/tech. Can we be friends so you can help me...

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

9 qts ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation

It wont, they will now be done by me in my garage, just like I do the oil changes on all my other vehicles/toys/engines.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry....bad joke. Dealers like to add an extra quart to the gas engines. They take 5. 6 is often poured in.
Lol yea went over my head. Had me excited there. Unless you're planning for the inevitable timing cover leak.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Lol yea went over my head. Had me excited there. Unless you're planning for the inevitable timing cover leak.
My JK Jeep in Egypt (see Profile picture) has a factory-installed engine oil cooler... I think Saudi was the only other contry where it was factory installed.
In Egypt (during the revolution/arab spring) it was impossible to get oil on the street (the oil for my motorcycle has to be smuggled into the contry), so I let Jeep do the oil changes... I never checked/asked if the capacity in the owner's manual matched the actual capacity with the oil cooler.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
That sucks that some dealers can't be relied on.
I just got my 2nd Jeep Wave oil change today and they washed my Gladiator for free too.
So far I've had a very good experience. I do check everything after I get home.
As much as I like them though, I will be doing my own changes after the 3rd free one.
When I sign the paperwork the price shows I would be paying $289.00. Yikes!

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I haven't brought my Jeep to a dealer for the oil change, company vehicle so we go to a place the company has a deal with. My daughter has been bringing her JL to the dealer we got it from. I think the salesman gave us 10 oil changes when we purchased it. Never had a problem. Their service dept has been good to work with so far so I can't complain. Sounds like we are one of the lucky ones.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was a lube jockey and later a tech half a lifetime ago. Half the mechanics in the building barely knew more about cars than what the mnfr tells them (parts changers), and more than half the lube jockeys couldn't even get promoted to bottom barrel tech.

One of the things I really liked about my old K900 was KIA wouldn't let a technician touch them for any reason unless they were K900 trained and certified and only master/senior techs could apply for the training.

With Jeep, I'm pretty sure the only qualification needed for lube tech at most dealerships is "shows up and isn't demonstrably on drugs"