First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Network Administrator
I’m in the same boat. 7600 miles and for the last 4 months, nothing but electrical problems. If the dealership gets it fixed, and the fix lasts more than a day or two, I’ll sell this nightmare.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And yet there are many thousands of us who have had no or minimal issues with Gladiator. Some of us would do it again in a heartbeat. Of the Jeeps I see at the local dealership shop waiting for any sort of maintenance or service - it's almost always a Ram or two and other sorts of jeeps. I've never seen another Gladiator in the shop when I've been there for any reason.

Of course, the internet makes it look bad - forums even worse, because that's where people gather to find other's with problems, sort of a support group saying "yeah, me, too - these really suck" because it is human nature. Have a vehicle that has problems - gather where others are. It's better than going where everyone loves their vehicle and no one else has ever had a problem and you are odd person out.

It doesn't take long on the internet to find other vehicles with similar or worse issues. A few minutes on NHTSA site will show you some of the big boys have big problems. BMW, Mercedes, VW, Ford, Chevy. But don't look at Toyota's record - it will make you feel bad for owning anything BUT a Toyota. Since their killer issues a few years back, Toyota has done a 180 and likely fired every single person involved with their past problems.

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
What dealership are you taking it to for the repairs?

My previous Jeep had a problem that only appeared when the roads were wet. Third time was the key to mine - service manager sent in a report to Jeep and their engineers jumped on it. They have a name for what they call the report and for the life of me I can't think of it right now. Anyway, Jeep stood behind what they built and took care of it. Granted, it was in the shop for nearly 8 weeks, but when I got it back, I didn't have any other problems. Maybe ask them to get the big boys in on what's going on with yours!

Mvitch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
Rather than go lemon law, which may be hard to do, maybe try to sell back to the dealer, or another dealer and get another. With used prices right now some people are making out getting rid of theirs and getting a new vehicle.
I only have 15k on mine but no issues yet.
10,777 on mine. Grateful NO issues. Praying 🙏 it stays that way

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
Jeep Cares is on it and I’ll add that the customer service has been second to none. I would buy another jeep knowing how well they’ve been taking care of me. However, my brand new jeep has been letting me down time and time again and it’s getting harder to cope with. It’s been lifted with 35s, lots of minor improvements, and I’ve got a set of steel rugged ridge bumpers slated to go on it Jan 10 while it’s in the shop getting repaired from a car accident.

it’s not lack of love but sometimes you have to leave that girl who’s constantly letting you down….

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
it’s not lack of love but sometimes you have to leave that girl who’s constantly letting you down….
True that. But that doesn't mean you go looking for girls that aren't your type.

With a dealership your happy with I'd do the trade in for another JT.

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
What do you want to get in place of it?
Read your "Dealer Goodwill buyback book" in your Owners packet. In Maryland, 3 or more repairs for the Same issue qualifies for a "Good Will buyback". The dealer will fight you. Stellantis wiil fight you. Stay the course. In the end you also have the Attorney General's office who loves these cases.
Ask for arbitration. Have all your documentation in line. Finally you will get a cash offer to go away,
a deal on a new Gladiator( Stellantis doesn't want to sell LEMON LAW vehicles at the auctions)or maybe they will fix your Jeep (NOT). FIGHT not FRIGHT. I have had 37 years in the retail auto business. The Manufactures don't want Lemon Law buybacks. Fight.

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
We’ll, after much internal deliberation I’ve decided to keep my truck. After really looking at the problems I’ve been having, they were pretty minor and the issues were more about supply chain headaches and the length of time jeep took to repair because of them. I love it, despite all of the headaches.

Thanks for letting me vent. (I’m going to delete this post to rid the site of repetitive jeep problem posts, but I’ll probably still complain in the future, lol)
Sponsored