Sponsored

Leak in rear window Launch Edition Model.

Rick S

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
The dealer is replacing the rear window at no charge by a 3rd party vendor. Disappointed in this quality. Where was the water test?
Sponsored

Pmeserkhani

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
My roof was leaking where it connects to the glass. Added silicone as a temporary fix. @JeepCares there should be a recall issued at this point. This is ridiculous

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rick S

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I would go to the dealer. I just had the interior roof pieces replaced that were broken when they replaced the window! Only took 3 more months after the 3 months it took to get the rear window replaced!!

DMAN51

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
ReadyLift South Region Sales Mgr.
I would go to the dealer. I just had the interior roof pieces replaced that were broken when they replaced the window! Only took 3 more months after the 3 months it took to get the rear window replaced!!
Looks like mine is leaking too. I noticed spots when cleaning and just brushed it off thinking maybe I did it somehow, but with rain yesterday I was able to get pics of water dripping.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Alternative: a stick-on visor above the top edge of the rear window.

Sponsored

DMAN51

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
ReadyLift South Region Sales Mgr.
Looks like mine is leaking too. I noticed spots when cleaning and just brushed it off thinking maybe I did it somehow, but with rain yesterday I was able to get pics of water dripping.
UPDATE ON STEERING BOX REPLACEMENT...
FCA has a new TSB procedure for anyone complaining about "wondering." It's dated Dec. 3rd, and states they will not replace any boxes without a new measurement procedure. They now have to measure, inspect bolts, etc before any replacement is granted. Since I had already ordered mine and they had it before the latest revised edition they are replacing mine today. Just be ready if you take one in today for this issue.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The company that makes the hard tops (CSP- Continental Structural Plastics) is horrible. They lost their IATF accreditation at some point. It'll be interesting to see how Chrysler handles it, but I would expect the job will go out for bid.

JTwillys98

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
48 Willys truck, 2007 grand Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator launch Edition
@JeepCares Add one more to the rear window leak

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
@JeepCares Add another one too. I have a rear window leak too

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello everyone!

Thank you for tagging our @JeepCares team and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear about the water leaks that you are all experiencing at the moment. However, I'd be more than willing to look into your vehicles further to see where I can be of assistance throughout the repair process. If any of you have plans to work with your Jeep dealers or simply have questions, please do not hesitate to send us a private message with your current mileage & VINs. Thanks a ton!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
put me on the list as well....

...oh, and my co-worker that has a gladiator too.....

wow

DavidJT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator FE, 2013 Viper, 1967 Corvette
Occupation
Retired Engineer
put me on the list as well....

...oh, and my co-worker that has a gladiator too.....

wow
Mine is leaking on my LE as well. Went to the dealer last week and they said they are going to send it out to a local glass shop to reseal it. The service writer said Jeep won't send them a replacement rear window unless it breaks during the reseal work and they also need to send documentation that it got broken (photos or something). He then said if it breaks (which sounds like a good possibility based on his input and other posts) it will take about a week to get the window. Seems like many others on this forum had their window replaced to fix the problem, not just a reseal of the existing window?

They also agreed during the same visit to do the TSB for the steering.

So, I've now been told they need my vehicle for a couple of days to do both the rear window and the steering and their dealership doesn't participate in the corporate loaner program so no loaner for the couple of days (or a week or so if the window gets broken during the resealing).

Both the proposed fix for the rear window and the lack of a loaner doesn't sound right to me so hoping someone here can give me some input or maybe @JeepCares can assist in making sure this gets taken care of properly.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine is leaking on my LE as well. Went to the dealer last week and they said they are going to send it out to a local glass shop to reseal it. The service writer said Jeep won't send them a replacement rear window unless it breaks during the reseal work and they also need to send documentation that it got broken (photos or something). He then said if it breaks (which sounds like a good possibility based on his input and other posts) it will take about a week to get the window. Seems like many others on this forum had their window replaced to fix the problem, not just a reseal of the existing window?

They also agreed during the same visit to do the TSB for the steering.

So, I've now been told they need my vehicle for a couple of days to do both the rear window and the steering and their dealership doesn't participate in the corporate loaner program so no loaner for the couple of days (or a week or so if the window gets broken during the resealing).

Both the proposed fix for the rear window and the lack of a loaner doesn't sound right to me so hoping someone here can give me some input or maybe @JeepCares can assist in making sure this gets taken care of properly.
Thanks for tagging us here. As it has been a few days, are you still in need of assistance while working with your dealer? If so, send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored