Sponsored

Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only

MattP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon, 1985 CJ-7, 1949 Jeep Truck, 1948 CJ-2a

2019-Jeep-Scrambler-JT-CAD-Drawing.png

See The 2018 Jeep Gladiator In Decent Detail In This Leaked CAD Drawing

Everybody must be really excited about the upcoming Jeep Gladiator pickupbecause leaked details are gushing out quicker than piping-hot, redolent urine from a racehorse’s majestic meatus. Don’t believe me? We just got this CAD image of the full body of the new JT Wrangler pickup.

The leak comes from a, um, connected source, and that source also tells us that if you’re hoping for a smaller, two-door version of the Gladiator... tough. It doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen.

Since Jeep’s corporate commanders never comment on future product, we won’t get confirmation of this being “official.” There’s always a slight possibility that this drawing is falsified or unfinalized, but it looks like the real deal to us.

Our source also told us that everything forward of the box is the same as the JL Wrangler, and that these will be built in two separate plants in Toledo, Ohio.

I’d also like to remind everyone that this will be America’s first convertible pickup truck since the Chevy SSR, which ended production over a decade ago. (At least, it sure looks like the Wrangler’s roof would allow for a rag top like every other Wrangler’s had.)

It’s time again. Time to haul lumber with the wind in our hair.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/see-the-2018-jeep-scrambler-in-decent-detail-in-this-le-1798315106
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Well there's a hood we haven't seen yet...

Bed to cab transition is unlike any of the speculations I've seen so far. Now I'm really curious to see how the flares are done...

Seems to confirm that the JT will have the fender vents like the JL.

thebeast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon
Wow leaking like a sieve lol. The bed looks on the small size...5'?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea 5ft or 5' 5".... crazy to see the leak of this before the JL

Sponsored

thebeast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon
Well there's a hood we haven't seen yet...

Bed to cab transition is unlike any of the speculations I've seen so far. Now I'm really curious to see how the flares are done...

Seems to confirm that the JT will have the fender vents like the JL.
That's the funny thing. The "connected source" in the article says everything forward of the box is the same as the JL Wrangler, but the hood is different. Either he's wrong about that or the vented hood seen on the JL is not going to be standard on all trims.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's the funny thing. The "connected source" in the article says everything forward of the box is the same as the JL Wrangler, but the hood is different. Either he's wrong about that or the vented hood seen on the JL is not going to be standard on all trims.
I don't believe for a minute that the fancy vented hood we've seen will be standard across all trims. No way would they do that, just like how on the JK you only get a unique hood on the 'limited edition' models like the Hard Rock, etc. The standard JL hood will look more like the hood on the TJ did.

The hood on the uncovered white full body spy shots we've seen clearly show a non-vented hood: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...hood-latches-design-and-roll-cage-frame.1245/

That red rig that appears to be a Sport with the vented hood is an oddball. I'm of the opinion that they're either doing test fitting validation or maybe it's an unfinished Rubicon on 'roller' tires.

edit: regardless, the vented hood on the JT CAD model isn't a design I've seen before. I like it though.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
This CAD also shows the sports bar off a lot.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Not sure I agree with you that you can tell the pics of the white JL you linked clearly shows a non-vented hood. Taking the JT CAD leak and the JL together, there is the possibility the hoods are the same

Also, I wonder IF that hood is standard, is there a possibility that there is some directional air flow from there out through those side vents?

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The vented hood on the red JL has a raised center section compared to the rest of the hood. I don't think there's any way for these two hoods to be the same thing:

Jeep Gladiator Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only {filename}

Jeep Gladiator Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only {filename}

From a marketing and historical perspective, it doesn't make much sense to put the fancy vented hood on all the models. They need to have something to visually distinguish the higher end (read: more expensive) models.

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
The vented hood on the red JL has a raised center section compared to the rest of the hood. I don't think there's any way for these two hoods to be the same thing:

From a marketing and historical perspective, it doesn't make much sense to put the fancy vented hood on all the models. They need to have something to visually distinguish the higher end (read: more expensive) models.
That for sure is correct. But you referenced the white JL only (I believe). The CAD leak for the JT shows a new hood. It is close enough in appearance to the white camouflaged hood to be what is there IMO. Read: the hood shown on the JT CAD could be the standard with the one on the red JL you reference being the upgraded style.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That for sure is correct. But you referenced the white JL only (I believe). The CAD leak for the JT shows a new hood. It is close enough in appearance to the white camouflaged hood to be what is there IMO. Read: the hood shown on the JT CAD could be the standard with the one on the red JL you reference being the upgraded style.
Ah, sorry, misread your post. Yes, I agree with you.

Bigstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
Had to sign up to post this question.

1. Does that rear wheel well look huge to anyone else but me? That doesn't look like the bed on the mule with the more refined bed we have seen.
2. That piece of metal hanging down from the front of the bed transitioning to the cab looks out of place. I could see a purpose to have something the fender flare bolts to, but looks like just asking to get damaged. It can't be bolted to the cab, because would need to be able to flex with the bed independent of the cab.

None the less, this has made my decision to get the Gladiator with the FREAK'N Diesel! I love saying that and be talking about about a Jeep.

ETA: Well looked closer at the newest video and pics. I guess the wheel well could be that big with the flares closing the opening a bit. Just seems huge. And the metal flange hanging down still seems like an odd design, but I'm not an engineer so... Still want one :like:

thebeast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon
Had to sign up to post this question.

1. Does that rear wheel well look huge to anyone else but me? That doesn't look like the bed on the mule with the more refined bed we have seen.
2. That piece of metal hanging down from the front of the bed transitioning to the cab looks out of place. I could see a purpose to have something the fender flare bolts to, but looks like just asking to get damaged. It can't be bolted to the cab, because would need to be able to flex with the bed independent of the cab.

None the less, this has made my decision to get the Gladiator with the FREAK'N Diesel! I love saying that and be talking about about a Jeep.

ETA: Well looked closer at the newest video and pics. I guess the wheel well could be that big with the flares closing the opening a bit. Just seems huge. And the metal flange hanging down still seems like an odd design, but I'm not an engineer so... Still want one :like:
I think you're right. The front and rear wheel wells look very different in size in the CAD image but in all the recent spy pics the front/rear look about same size.. The CAD image's rear well looks more like the first mule using the Ram bed (but with a squared arch as if it's been designed specifically for the JT). Different bed sizes maybe?

VS.

Sponsored