Sponsored

Leaking axle seal?

Pointman_nh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Gobi tan
My 2020 JTUR with 5k miles now has a leak from the drivers side front axle seal. Scheduled to go in for next week for them to evaluate...

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Just got my replacement rear axle installed today. My dedicated rep at Jeepcares did a really nice job staying on top of the situation the entire time and kept me informed along the entire way. Happy that the axle arrived in July instead of December. Hopefully the repair holds up.

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Just got my replacement rear axle installed today. My dedicated rep at Jeepcares did a really nice job staying on top of the situation the entire time and kept me informed along the entire way. Happy that the axle arrived in July instead of December. Hopefully the repair holds up.
Did they say what the cause was?

Sponsored

frankthetank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Update: Dropped off the Jeep at my local dealership and just got a call letting me know that the axle assembly part is on back order until December...
Got a call last week from the dealer and a message from @JeepCares letting me know that the part was in. I dropped off the Jeep this morning to be repaired and I am praying the leak doesn't return...

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Nothing beyond "rear axle assembly was leaking fluid" :)
Would love to know if they saw a reasonable cause. I'm just one of those who would love to know why so many of us are experiencing this issue..🤷‍♂️

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Just got the call and have appt next Thursday for repair. Guess we will see how it all goes.

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Got a call last week from the dealer and a message from @JeepCares letting me know that the part was in. I dropped off the Jeep this morning to be repaired and I am praying the leak doesn't return...
I'm in next Thursday for repair....🤞

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
Well today’s axle shaft installation was a bust. Tech opened the part box only to find a rusty cast iron pipe valve fitting. The exact weight of the real part. Box sealed properly. Something shady went down at the parts factory. Case filed with Jeep and part ordered again. Dealer handled the situation well and it will get fixed. Just crazy someone did that and got the weight right to fool them.
@JeepCares . Can you assist with getting a replacement expedited to my dealer?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Well today’s installation was a bust. Tech opened the part box only to find a rusty cast iron pipe valve fitting. The exact weight of the real part. Box sealed properly. Something shady went down at the parts factory. Case filed with Jeep and part ordered again. Dealer handled the situation well and it will get fixed. Just crazy someone did that and got the weight right to fool them.
Johnny Cash did it!

d0n

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone checked their fluid level and needed to top off?

Ashr

First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Well, crawled under my JT a while ago to look at spring part numbers and discovered my right rear axle seal is leaking. Less than 1K miles on the truck. Guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

20210321_113554 (Medium).jpg
The same thing happened today, there is no replacement part until September!!! They said you can still drive it and wait until September!

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
I just joined this club... I noticed the leak because there was a spot on the garage floor after it sat for a few days. 2021 Sport S, not Max Tow, 2,700 miles, passenger side rear, MDH is 033010. I have an appointment Monday for the dealership to take a look. Will update on the situation but the previous posts timeline of September is a bummer!

$1.98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
My daughters Willy's right rear axle is leaking. Built 03/21. Dealer said it would be 2-3 weeks.
Sponsored