First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Stuff for Space Place
I guess I’m joining the club. 3 of 4 leaking.
Also I run 5.13’s so my main dealership refused to do this work under warranty.
If you change the brake pads do they not warranty a caliper issue because you touched the caliper?

hopefully Jeep cares actually... cares.
Sponsored

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I guess I’m joining the club. 3 of 4 leaking.
Also I run 5.13’s so my main dealership refused to do this work under warranty.
If you change the brake pads do they not warranty a caliper issue because you touched the caliper?

hopefully Jeep cares actually... cares.
So sorry to hear. I thought it was only in the rear. I better check from fronts too.

Hope everything works out for you.

2wheeltinker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Stuff for Space Place
So sorry to hear. I thought it was only in the rear. I better check from fronts too.

Hope everything works out for you.
Actually, I just crawled under and looked for myself. (Which I should have done in the first place)

It's definitely just one of the rears. (Drivers Side)

I hedged my bets and put in an order for loaded chromoly upgrades from northridge4x4

I imagine this may come up for anyone who re-geared and frankly.... I understand their case. I don't agree with it, but I see their argument. If you can turn a wrench, 400 bucks isn't the end of the world for an upgrade.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Probably just getting redundant at this point, but my dealer also ordered the axle assembly that includes a shaft, bearing, and seal pre-assembled. Seems like that will be the standard procedure for this issue.

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Had the wife take mine in today for the axle leak and the service manager tried telling me there were no leaks. I told him exactly where it was leaking and that I have photos of it. He begrudgingly said he would have the tech look again and didn't call me back, but the wife said they ordered parts for it.
I hate it when they argue about something that clearly needs to be fixed. These threads are helpful knowing what problems others are having.

Sponsored

TW005

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Tint World Hutto, Owner
Well, crawled under my JT a while ago to look at spring part numbers and discovered my right rear axle seal is leaking. Less than 1K miles on the truck. Guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

20210321_113554 (Medium).jpg
We noticed the same leak today, passenger rear axle. Just 1250 miles on my 21 80th Anniversary model. Suggestions?

20210410_194906.jpg

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
We noticed the same leak today, passenger rear axle. Just 1250 miles on my 21 80th Anniversary model. Suggestions?

Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? 20210410_194906
Schedule the warranty repair....but driving like this for a little while won't harm anything as long as the leak does not get significantly larger.

@JeepCares seems like fca has an issue with this that is likely affecting a large number of vehicles. Hopefully the root cause is already under investigation.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Contact your dealer service department for warranty repair. They will likely end up replacing the whole axle shaft assembly.

Something I did was remove the valve on the end of the vent hose and temporarily replace it with a 5/16 disposable fuel filter until I get another vent cap.

I found the vent valve is very restrictive and I suspect the axle may be building pressure causing the seals to leak.

Reactions: Tob

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp initial appointment made for tomorrow....I tried to talk them into just ordering the axle shaft assembly and being ready to do the swap (based on a pic I was ready to send them) but they still did the "we need to take a look at it".....so I'll just have to play the game and end up with two visits. Hopefully they won't offer any resistance on doing the repair.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welp initial appointment made for tomorrow....I tried to talk them into just ordering the axle shaft assembly and being ready to do the swap (based on a pic I was ready to send them) but they still did the "we need to take a look at it".....so I'll just have to play the game and end up with two visits. Hopefully they won't offer any resistance on doing the repair.
Yep, My dealer kept my Gladiator a whole day to "diagnose" what was obvious with a quick glance.
They set me up with a rental car so not going to complain too much.

If I read the paperwork right it took the mechanic less than an hour to change the axle shaft. They kept it most of a day for that too.

Sponsored

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Well looks like I'm in the group as well.
Passenger side is a mess with a puddle in the rim.
Got my Overland in November - has 2500 miles.
AND I just noticed when the dealer rotated the tires at 1500 miles they put the lugs on hard with an impact wrench - found several rear lugs at 155 ftlbs - supposed to be 135 Max.
Mashed the hell out of the lugs too.
Going to insist they replace them for free.
And get the torque right this time.

They look at it tomorrow.
We will see...

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Another trend I'm noticing. Most of the leaks seem to be on the HD axles, Max Tow and Rubicon.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropped it off at 7:30 this morning and service advisor just contacted me to confirm they see the leak, and are ordering the axle assembly. Noce and easy, no hassle (thank goodness.....my first interaction with the service department at this dealership....and I did not purchase it here. I was pleasantly surprised with the entire interaction).

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Still waiting for axle assembly to show up. They said 5 business days from last Thursday. They said two day install...

Noticed some small fluid in the front now. Is this pretty common, to have axle leak in the front axles, hope not.
Sponsored