LED Fog Lights

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Got a question guys. I was looking at the Mopar LED Fog lights part # 82215163. Are they that much better than the halogen lights that they're worth the 250? I also don't understand why you need to add the LNV code to the VIN in the computer. Does that matter?

Thanks
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Got a question guys. I was looking at the Mopar LED Fog lights part # 82215163. Are they that much better than the halogen lights that they're worth the 250? I also don't understand why you need to add the LNV code to the VIN in the computer. Does that matter?

Thanks
When using the Mopar lights, the computer has to know if they are LED for them to work properly. Many of the lights available from other vendors can work without making the adjustment in the computer. The change can be made using a Tazer, Jscan, or AlfaOBD, instead of taking it to the dealer.

Yes, the LED lights are much better.

OP
OP

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
When using the Mopar lights, the computer has to know if they are LED for them to work properly. Many of the lights available from other vendors can work without making the adjustment in the computer. The change can be made using a Tazer, Jscan, or AlfaOBD, instead of taking it to the dealer.

Yes, the LED lights are much better.
Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with that kind of stuff that some headlights and fog lights need a change in the computer and some not.

I also read about people having trouble after a day or so...

I have to read up on this stuff to see what needs a computer change, and how much success or issues people have had. I've also read people burning up wires because of the draw but I would imagine that being HID lights since LEDs draw almost nothing.

I need to read and learn.

Thanks

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring should not be an issue. Oracle is a forum sponsor, and they have a lot of options available that are easy to install. Figure out which lights you prefer, and then see if any changes will need to be made when installed. I would imagine a forum member living nearby would be willing to help if the computer needs adjusted.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I'm using Lasfit switchback LED's and the difference is stunning. I'm sure the Mopar would be about the same, not sure if they offer switchbacks or not but I highly recommend them.

The switchbacks offer the brilliant white light and by toggling the on/off switch, give you an LED amber light that is optimal for fog.

Jeep Gladiator LED Fog Lights 20210502_181300

Jeep Gladiator LED Fog Lights 20210502_181236

Sponsored

OP
OP

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I'm using Lasfit switchback LED's and the difference is stunning. I'm sure the Mopar would be about the same, not sure if they offer switchbacks or not but I highly recommend them.

The switchbacks offer the brilliant white light and by toggling the on/off switch, give you an LED amber light that is optimal for fog.

Now do they require programming the vehicle?
I was looking at the oculus halo LED's which look really good but are $530. People were talking about the lens fogging though.

Can you tell me how much they were ?

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
Now do they require programming the vehicle?
I was looking at the oculus halo LED's which look really good but are $530. People were talking about the lens fogging though.

Can you tell me how much they were ?
I've not reprogrammed the computer at all. The Lasfit bulbs I am using have the canbus technology and they don't require much in the way of getting them to work. The DRL/turn signal switchback lights don't fast-flash inside the cab either.

Keep in mind, this is not the entire fixture, these are like bulb replacements but the 'bulb' you're replacing it with is a group of LED lights. I've converted my entire front end - headlamps/brights, DRL/turn signals, and fog lights, to Lasfit.

Here are the fog lights that I bought on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XFPMLJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

OP
OP

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I've not reprogrammed the computer at all. The Lasfit bulbs I am using have the canbus technology and they don't require much in the way of getting them to work. The DRL/turn signal switchback lights don't fast-flash inside the cab either.

Keep in mind, this is not the entire fixture, these are like bulb replacements but the 'bulb' you're replacing it with is a group of LED lights. I've converted my entire front end - headlamps/brights, DRL/turn signals, and fog lights, to Lasfit.

Here are the fog lights that I bought on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XFPMLJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Thanks for the part number as a
Lot of these tell you it doesn’t fit your vehicle but now I know to ignore that.
What does it mean dual color?

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
That's the switchback technology I was telling you about. You press the button for the fogs to come on, and they are brilliant white. If you push the off button and then push the on button immediately again, the fog lights turn amber. From what I've read, that's the optimal color for fogs when there is actual fog you're trying to get through.

OP
OP

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
That's the switchback technology I was telling you about. You press the button for the fogs to come on, and they are brilliant white. If you push the off button and then push the on button immediately again, the fog lights turn amber. From what I've read, that's the optimal color for fogs when there is actual fog you're trying to get through.
That’s really cool.

Have you replaced the headlights? It looks to me like most of the products out there all have mixed reviews.

Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
That’s really cool.

Have you replaced the headlights? It looks to me like most of the products out there all have mixed reviews.
I have ! Like I said, I used the same brand for all of the front end lights. I don't think I ordered the headlights from Amazon but I probably could have. Here is what I think is the right part but you should do your research on it first......

https://amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight...193-1-2--669-&vehicleName=2020+Jeep+Gladiator

20210425_142930.jpg

20210425_142930.jpg

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Thank you for the LASFIT recommendation. Those switchback fog lights are a really nice option. Especially for those that would like that yellow light option for fog and such, but don't want to drill into the factory bumper or pay a small fortune for additional brackets and lights.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I put on the Rubicon front plastic bumper and it came with LED fog lights

so I have a pair of headlight revolution plug and play LED fog light bulbs I’m planning to sell. if you’d be interested shoot me a PM.

I actually think the headlight revolution plug and play LED replacements are brighter than the mopar LEDs, but they won’t fit in the Rubicon front bumper.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
These headlights are bright as all get out. I was amazed on my trip to Austin, TX on pitch black SH 293. I highly recommend them. Plug and play install, it took about 10 minutes.

The fog lights are ice white color in person by the way. My headlights are kind of blue in person. This picture makes the fog lights look more amber than they really are. The dirt on the lenses don’t help either lol.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/vividline-jeep-gladiator-stage-3-led-fog-light-bulbs-h16-jg1732.html

481205D8-39A9-484A-85A7-37DBD3D07489.png

9230F220-42BF-4F8C-BED9-65C6F17207A0.jpeg

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I have the sport model and put a rubicon bumper on that included the factory fog and 3 month plus everything is working without any computer changes . Was pleasantly surprised . I have also switched out the DRL to a led bulb and that too is working great .
Sponsored