First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
I bought a 2021 Gladiator Sport. It came with plastic bumpers with halogen fog lights. I’ve since changed that out to a Rubicon steel bumper with LED fog lights. They seem to work when I first turn them on and after a few short minutes they blink on and off a couple times and then shut off completely. Any thoughts as to why? How do I fix the problem? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Did the LED lights you installed have modulators for the CAN Bus system on the Gladiator; without this blinking and on/off are experienced.

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
Did the LED lights you installed have modulators for the CAN Bus system on the Gladiator; without this blinking and on/off are experienced.

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
Actually not 100% sure. I will check with the guy who installed them for me and find out. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2021 Gladiator Sport. It came with plastic bumpers with halogen fog lights. I’ve since changed that out to a Rubicon steel bumper with LED fog lights. They seem to work when I first turn them on and after a few short minutes they blink on and off a couple times and then shut off completely. Any thoughts as to why? How do I fix the problem? Thanks for the help.
You need to tell the CANBUS that your fogs are LED.

Go to the dealership and have them flash it or buy a programmer to flash it yourself.

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
I did buy a programmer but that also doesn’t seem to work.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I did buy a programmer but that also doesn’t seem to work.
Either your not doing something right with the programmer or those lights are faulty. Seems more like something isn't taking in the programmer. After you set it to Led's does the programmer allow you to do a ECU reset and which programer are you using

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
Either your not doing something right with the programmer or those lights are faulty. Seems more like something isn't taking in the programmer. After you set it to Led's does the programmer allow you to do a ECU reset and which programer are you using
8A37CEDB-CA33-45E5-A284-7C80CA77E205.jpeg

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
What makes this so weird to me is everyday they come on as if there’s no problem and like I said before, within minutes they shut off. Has to be something simple I’d think.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
What makes this so weird to me is everyday they come on as if there’s no problem and like I said before, within minutes they shut off. Has to be something simple I’d think.
That's what happens when the jeep isn't recognizing the LEDs. It's looking for a light putting out more power, or wattage and the system shuts them down. That's a programmer issue

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Reach out to Superchips support , sounds like the programmer isn't making the setting stick , maybe a a sequence of steps it has to go through to make the change

OP
OP

Mlibby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
Reach out to Superchips support , sounds like the programmer isn't making the setting stick , maybe a a sequence of steps it has to go through to make the change
Ok thanks

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I've got the same programmer. I upgraded to the Mopar LED lights on my '18 JLUR, and the programmer worked fine to activate them. One thing I noticed with the FlashCal is that it I needed to turn the Jeep on/off a few times for it to "sync". But I never had the problem you mentioned. Have you tried going back to the stock configuration on the lights though the programmer, then trying to activate the LED's again?

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Guessing this must happen if you replace with OEM LEDs. I have Oracle LEDs on my 2021 Mojave that came with halogen and have no issues.
Sponsored