First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I thought I would post this here also. I got some bad news. The Leer dealer here in town called their representative for me. Leer has no plans at this time to make a fiberglass camper shell or topper for the Gladiator. I called the A.R.E. dealer after that bad news. A.R.E. also does not have plans to make a fiberglass camper shell or topper for the Gladiator.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
As popular as these are, that'll soon change, though I will guess it'll take a while for them to get tooled up and in production.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If camper shell dealers are like car dealers, I would not trust anything they say until I went over their head and confirmed it myself with corporate higher ups.

I do not think it is a matter of never, but a matter of when.

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As popular as these are, that'll soon change, though I will guess it'll take a while for them to get tooled up and in production.
I hope you are right. I don't plan on taking my hard top off much, if at all, so a camper shell wouldn't look funny on it. I will probably run around with my doors off and freedom panels removed more than anything.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
That's different than my ARE rep told me. A few weeks ago he called ARE and they stated they planned on making a utility shell and the CX shell for the gladiator.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's different than my ARE rep told me. A few weeks ago he called ARE and they stated they planned on making a utility shell and the CX shell for the gladiator.
I hope your information is correct and the dealer/reps in Louisville are wrong.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I waited 2 years for Snugtop to come out with a shell for the then-new GMC Canyon/Colorado. I'd be surprised if the major manufacturers don't eventually produce shells for the Gladiator.

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone looked at how the Chevy Colorado camper shell fits? Given the tonneau cover fits pretty well I wonder what the cap would look like?
I have had the same thought. Rear cab lines mane too far off though and result in a big gap. It is worth exploring though.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
I contacted A.R.E directly for more detail on the Gladiator shells and they responded back to me with the below

These are currently in design stage. The CX-REVO & EVOLVE will be the ONLY fiberglass units available when they are released. The DCU, DCU Max & Diamond Edition DCU, will be available in Aluminum.
We have NO ETA at this time on these units. Once they pass all testing we will then release a date for production.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah, in fact a couple months ago I got a survey from them that asked my opinions on various designs. They showed photos of JT camper shells and I got to vote on which ones looked the best. These companies are definitely working on it.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Yeah, in fact a couple months ago I got a survey from them that asked my opinions on various designs. They showed photos of JT camper shells and I got to vote on which ones looked the best. These companies are definitely working on it.
It's WHAT they do. Doesn't make sense that a truck shell company would refuse to make a truck shell. Likely said something along the lines of "no details at this time" which was relayed as "not doing it". I wish they would confirm and throw out their renderings so we could see! WX, do you have any of the pics saved and are you allowed to share them?

dwyleecoyote

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I bought my Gladiator from a dealer that is about 20 minutes away from the A.R.E. factory. My salesman said that some folks from A.R.E. had in fact been there, and taken several hours measuring and documenting the Gladiator bed. It will come in time.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's WHAT they do. Doesn't make sense that a truck shell company would refuse to make a truck shell. Likely said something along the lines of "no details at this time" which was relayed as "not doing it". I wish they would confirm and throw out their renderings so we could see! WX, do you have any of the pics saved and are you allowed to share them?
Sorry, I don't. I wish I'd screen-shot those pictures. Oh well. I can tell you that some of their ideas looked somewhat traditional, with the boxy shape and various side window designs. Others had a "fastback" look similar to a Wrangler wearing a TrekTop. I personally hated the fastback designs. Yuck. But some guys may like them.

I guess they're trying to gauge reaction to several ideas, and then they'll pick two and build them for mass consumption.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Man I wish these guys would get on something. Winter has been here. Would love some kind of shell for the rest of winter.
Sponsored