Sponsored

Let's see photos of where you mounted your fire extinguisher!

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
I purchased this beauty today. I have some ideas of where I'm going to mount it, looking for other creative locations and methods of mounting... :movember: Let's see some photos of your mounted fire extinguishers! Thanks!

CF4A8F56-B512-4A98-841D-D50900E65D1D.png
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I mount in a fairly common location on the roll bar using Bartact brackets; I've seen several pictures here in the forum where others have mounted on the sound bar, or behind the driver's seat. Efficiency & ease of access are what count, rather than creativity... mount it where you can get to it easily if ever needed. I removed my back seat, so there's no obstruction. I have one under the front seat of my 911, but in the JL the rubber floor mats make it difficult.

jeep_037.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I purchased this beauty today. I have some ideas of where I'm going to mount it, looking for other creative locations and methods of mounting... :movember: Let's see some photos of your mounted fire extinguishers! Thanks!

That’s some fancy high dollar extinguisher. Swanky!

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
TMR makes a killer extinguisher quick release bracket. i'm gonna get mine from them and mount it in the same place as melendez69.
1378_b_web_1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s some fancy high dollar extinguisher. Swanky!
The chrome is cool, but more importantly it is a halon fire extinguisher so it won't make a total mess of your Jeep like a dry powder type will. :like:

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I mount in a fairly common location on the roll bar using Bartact brackets; I've seen several pictures here in the forum where others have mounted on the sound bar, or behind the driver's seat. Efficiency & ease of access are what count, rather than creativity... mount it where you can get to it easily if ever needed. I removed my back seat, so there's no obstruction. I have one under the front seat of my 911, but in the JL the rubber floor mats make it difficult.

jeep_037.jpg
That's where I'm thinking it'll go. However I might design and 3d print some sort of bracket that will allow me to mount it on the left hand side of the drivers seat near the jamb.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Same spot for me.. Honestly don't know of a better spot where it's easy to access and completely out of the way and where people can't kick/bump/tamper with. I don't have two though.

20181217_212537.jpg

On that note I'm also mounting a window breaker/seat belt cutter tool above each door so if shit really hits the fan anyone in the Jeep can easily reach one and get out if needed.

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal JLUR, 2001 Jeep TJ, 2013 Ram 2500 6.7L, 1991 Harley FXLR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
TMR makes a killer extinguisher quick release bracket. i'm gonna get mine from them and mount it in the same place as melendez69.
1378_b_web_1.jpg
1378_b_web_1.jpg
I have the TMR mounts in my other Jeep (TJ) and they work great. Excellent product. I have the Element 50s in my JL.

16D0E4F4-D6D1-465E-9FE7-076283CE74F3.jpeg

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Any firemen here on the board have advice on the type/size of extinguisher you'd recommend? Light weight is a priority for me with my JL, so I'm looking for a good compromise. I'm thinking of a Halon extinguisher, like a Halguard. I'm wanting to use a chemical that is effective, but doesn't cause damage to electrical components or anything sensitive to corrosive fire retardants. Right now I'm leaning toward a 1 lb Halguard unit. (Actual weight around 2.5 to 3 lbs.) The Element extinguishers are intriguing, but I know nothing about the chemicals they use.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

That is nice looking! What size is it?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Any firemen here on the board have advice on the type/size of extinguisher you'd recommend? Light weight is a priority for me with my JL, so I'm looking for a good compromise. I'm thinking of a Halon extinguisher, like a Halguard. I'm wanting to use a chemical that is effective, but doesn't cause damage to electrical components or anything sensitive to corrosive fire retardants. Right now I'm leaning toward a 1 lb Halguard unit. (Actual weight around 2.5 to 3 lbs.) The Element extinguishers are intriguing, but I know nothing about the chemicals they use.
Not a fireman, but watch the videos on the Elements. Especially the one Leno did. Nothing beats it for size and weight. Worst part is the price for a one use product, but they last forever and don’t have to be checked.
I’ve never used one and hopefully never have to, but I have one in all my vehicles.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Fire Dept across the street from me says anything rated B,C , for flammable and electrical fires

He also mentioned that the smaller they the lass time you have with them so getting to the fire before it gets out of hand is crucial .

These Halgaurds or HR3.s look nice ! and are spendy ! but the specs say discontinued by manufacture

and these small 2.5 & 3.5 have about 15 to 20 seconds of life span when dispersed

I still want to get one but still on the fence
Sponsored