Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Where at in Colorado? I ask because I grew up in Pueblo and did a lot of winter wheeling out around Salida, Ute trail, Beulah, San Isabel and the Great Sand Dunes. Always had a blast. Though once I spent 2hrs digging out around San Isabel squirrel hunting, didn’t realize the amount of fresh snow that filled the ruts and had to dig out of 4 feet of snow and back out up hill onto the main road. Outside of that always had a blast.
I’ve done slaughter house gulch… that was the one where we almost lost one down the mountain side and the other was bunce school road, I made it up a hill my buddy didn’t… I did a 10 point turn and the proceeded to slide the whole way down on ice, almost hitting a sxs that didn’t see my buddy waving him down to stop.

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve done slaughter house gulch… that was the one where we almost lost one down the mountain side and the other was bunce school road, I made it up a hill my buddy didn’t… I did a 10 point turn and the proceeded to slide the whole way down on ice, almost hitting a sxs that didn’t see my buddy waving him down to stop.
Dang, yeah some areas can be really sketchy, glad y’all made it out in ONE PIECE though.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
That's a challenging trail when it's dry. Glad everyone got out safe.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
How's that soft top up there in the Soo?
The soft top has been great! Even on the JL I had no issues and I found them to be warmer than a hard top compared to my other JK and JKU I had
I work 12’s at the steel plant here, never had issue with the plastic windows during the winter and thaw really quick after sitting out in the parking lot all night

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Oh here’s a few videos too…

Good stuff! Looks like a bulletpoint on the dash. Just got one myself. It has been great.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
winter wheeling in Colorado sucks… I’ve tried two separate places ones… won’t do it again.
Update********
here’s my reason…. Spent over 2 hours trying to keep a fellow wheeler from going over a mountain edge while we were going down the mountain trail with ice under the snow…also when your going down a 10° degree grade with your wheels fully locked going towards the mountain and your sliding the opposite way to push you off… you tend not to do it again.

… so go enjoy yourself… I’ll be on standby waiting to hear your experiences.
Couldn’t agree more. I made that mistake once and took a pass on it the last several winters that I was there. Far and away, the scariest situation I’ve ever been in while offroading.

We haven’t had a good snow storm here in years, so no winter wheeling pics to post. I could post a few pics of driving on the beach in the winter time or pics of mountain roads with no snow on them. Haha

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Some footage from our winter wheeling adventure!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.