Let's talk about these forum ads

1. the-dude-abides

Vehicle(s):
    JT 2020
    Liked:
    Is there any way I can support this forum to get rid of these giant ads at the top of every page view? Is there some membership I can purchase that exempts me from said ads?

I've been blessed to be in a place where purchasing less annoyance for things I find valuable is a investment worth making. Could I install an ad blocker? Sure. But I'd actually like to support the forum AND not be annoyed by ads I will never click. I know it costs money to host and run these things. Fully willing to help for the simple return of no ads :rock:

Lou3.6 and 5JeepsAz like this.
  2. 5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator 2dr long bed pickup truck
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Except for plywood ads. And ads for 2 doors. Though I was thinking how cool it is that they got this site paid for. With all the tracking, been watching my other places for jeep ads. Not as many as I expected. So it's not currently a bother. However, you have my support for no ads because free internet, no tracking, and especially no AI is my point of view. Are you watching this Boeing nightmare? Software problem. Gee, let's solve it with, I know I know, more software, let's upgrade!!! Lemmings beware, wrong turn ahead. Automation of mechanics is one thing. Independent robotics, okay. But interfacing systems? Yes I dig Google to get me to a destination quicker, no I don't dig ai determining my destination, designing and building my habitats, alluring me into linked ecosystems. Get the f outta here. Sorry, off topic! Yes, let's have a buy option for no ads!!!

2009-10-13_190411_PCM.gif

3. OP
    OP
    the-dude-abides

Vehicle(s):
    JT 2020
    Liked:
    I don't mind the purpose of ads. I get it. I would just like the option to pay for them to go away. If I don't get that option...no bother. I'm not taking my ball and going home or anything.

Lou3.6 likes this.
  4. ralphjjr

ralphjjr Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ralph
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Ford TC Titanium | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Liked:
    @JAY any other way to support the forum? in such a way that “premium” members can forego the ads?

Lou3.6 and steffen707 like this.
  5. steffen707

steffen707 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 2010 Grand Caravan, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid
    Liked:
    like youtube red? $10 per month, no ads! Baller! But really i just tune them out, unless there are jeep related things, hot babes, or........PLYWOOD!

6. 5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator 2dr long bed pickup truck
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    And tires. Tire ads are cool.

steffen707 likes this.
  7. Lou3.6

Lou3.6 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
    Liked:
    retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
    If the ads are JL or JT - Centric that would still be a positive . . . but probably not necessary because in time - HOPEFULLY - JT will have as many Vendors at the JL Forum ! ?

5JeepsAz likes this.