Sponsored

Leveling kit?

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looking at the photos, or for people that have seen it in person, do we think it will need a small bunch in the front?
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Looking at the photos, or for people that have seen it in person, do we think it will need a small bunch in the front?
Depends on your intentions. If you don't plan on towing then it would benefit but if you do plan on towing then I would leave the rake to compensate for the squatting the trailer causes.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
After watching JLU videos of before and after a leveling kit, I would say Yes, especially if you install a heavy bumper, winch, lights, etc in the front.

Big-Foot

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2002 Jeep Wrangler-X, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2008 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Fabricator
IMHO - I think leveled trucks carrying any sort of load look dumb and handle worse. My trucks may get lifted, but they’ll always be used as trucks (by me) so they will keep the rake.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Has anybody found a front leveling kit that retains the factory fox shocks ( rubicon)? I will be putting on a winch and want to level it and keep my shocks and factory ride/steering. Thoughts?

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Hi everyone, as a long time full size pickup owner, I've often had a heavy payload (1500+lbs) and tow a race car, but also disliked the factory rake. So i leveled my trucks and yes it does cause problems once the back is loaded down. Your headlights aim to the tree tops, and the steering floats from the weight ratio being heavier in the back. My solution was installing timbrens. Look into it. I would imagine they will eventually release a kit for the JT if they haven't yet. Yes this will most likely limit articulation when off road, however with a simple 15 minute install or removal time, it's more than feasible to remove them before an off road trip, and then reinstall after that when you're ready to tow or haul. Happy trails!

pkcal

First Name
PKCAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
x2 on the Timbrens. My Tundra with 3" in front, 1" in back barely squats with a ton of pellets in the bed or some decent tongue weight way back on the hitch. Really doesn't hurt the ride IMO and truck handles way better when loaded up. I saw they have them for JK but not JLs, If rear suspension is from Ram 1500, maybe that kit would cross over...

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
can someone with a stock rubicon measure the fender heights? I'm wondering how much rake it has in stock form.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
can someone with a stock rubicon measure the fender heights? I'm wondering how much rake it has in stock form.
Or maybe frame to ground measurements at the front and the back of the cab? I believe the front fenders may be higher than the rears from the factory even though the body leans forward...

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I have a Sport S Max Tow on the way and have my 285 75/17 Ridge Grappler wheel/ tires ready to install. I plan to install a 1.5" leveling kit.
Any thoughts or concerns on drivability while hauling 400 to 500 lbs of dirt bikes (like the ads ) or hauling a 4000 lbs boat?
Limited wheeling on Green and Blue trails.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have a Sport S Max Tow on the way and have my 285 75/17 Ridge Grappler wheel/ tires ready to install. I plan to install a 1.5" leveling kit.
Any thoughts or concerns on drivability while hauling 400 to 500 lbs of dirt bikes (like the ads ) or hauling a 4000 lbs boat?
Limited wheeling on Green and Blue trails.
are you going to put the wheels/tires on first to see if they rub, then do the leveling kit? I know myself and others on the 35" tires on stock height sport S thread would like to see/know. Thanks.

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
are you going to put the wheels/tires on first to see if they rub, then do the leveling kit? I know myself and others on the 35" tires on stock height sport S thread would like to see/know. Thanks.
@steffen707 that was my plan. I will at least see was it does on blacktop with the tires before I put the leveling kit on. I doubt I will try trails before the lift though.
I will post pics and findings in a couple of weeks... I hope.
Sponsored