Lift and smart cap opinion

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered a 2022 rubicon the day orders opened up, but I would like to buy a lift in the mean time knowing supply chains are all jacked up. I had my mind dead set on Clayton 2.5 overland plus with fox shocks. Now I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should just get the mopar lift. I know what both kits offer especially getting the full kit out of the Clayton . Reason being Iā€™m asking though it would be nice for the lift to be covered under warranty right out of the gate. The first year or two is gonna be hard to get out on how many wheeling trips I would like to with just how young my kids are right now. So just looking at the price right off the bat if you order through all mopar parts they have the mopar lift for 1351 and after the forum discount of free shipping you canā€™t beat that. And then after I get that lift the difference in price that Iā€™ll be saving with the Clayton and fox shocks I could put towards the rsi smart cap. Thoughts? I guess the question is am I just being impatient or should I just keep saving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I would get the Mopar lift. If you have the money, and it's available, buy it now and store it. I have a RSI SmartCap and I really like it.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
It's up to you really. I was going for the mopar lift but after hearing about the body shifting over with the lift I knew it was gonna be something that bugged me even if it was a little off. So then I factored in the track bars to fix it and then the ambition of going bigger in the future and having to pretty much replace all of it with new parts I just said screw it and went with the Clayton kit. All I would have to do is buy new springs and just adjust the control arms and track bars again. I think the Mopar kit is great if you have no future plans of going bigger.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I agonized for awhile how to lift my JT and ended up going with the Mopar lift for a couple of reasons. I figured being Jeep branded and under the Jeep warranty the engineers would have it figured out pretty well and there would be less possible warranty hassles.

I'm happy with how it turned out. It drives great and takes me anywhere I'm brave enough to go off road. I have about 6,000 miles since installation. That included a 1,500 mile road trip. Absolutely no problems with it.

Any axle shift is virtually unnoticeable. I did add an adjustable front track bar but in hindsight it probably wasn't needed.

You may consider calling your dealer service department and see what they would charge to install the Mopar lift before you take delivery of it. Probably the best way of maintaining warranty.

Congrats on the new Gladiator.
Sponsored