1. Note: If you registered an account with JLWranglerForums.com before August 20, 2017, then you are already registered here. You may login here with the same username/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Lift and tires

1. Kangarhew

Kangarhew Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Liked:
    like you guys I’m anxiously awaiting even just being able to order my JT, and spending many hours thinking about, what my plans are with it. I am going to get the sport s with max tow package. My question is, if I put a 3 inch lift, could I fit 35’s on it without affecting my tow capacity too much? Or would it be better to stick to a 2-2.5 with 33’s. I’m also assuming that with the 4.10 gears with the max tow package, I shouldn’t have to regear for the larger tires.

2. Byebyetaco

Byebyetaco Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Tacoma
    Liked:
    This isnt like JK. A 2” lift will be plenty. Wont affect your towing. Gearing should be great still and have plenty of power to boot.

Kangarhew likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Kangarhew

Kangarhew Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Liked:
    Awesome, so 2” mopar loft with 35s it is!!

4. TexTJ209

TexTJ209 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
    Liked:
    Just make sure to pay attention to the load capacity of whatever tires you buy, and you should be fine.

5. AdrenalineRush

AdrenalineRush New Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2; 2019 Ford F350 CC SB
    Liked:
    I would think you should be able to run 35s with stock suspension, just by changing to Rubicon fender flares. I plan on running a 2" mopar lift and 37s on the Rubicon version JT I will be getting.

Capman99 and dangerousone like this.
  6. eternus

eternus Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jody
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU Anvil
    Liked:
    With the Max Tow package, you'll have wide enough axles that I'll bet you can fit 35"s on the stock setup... question will be backspacing on Sport S wheels, if they're as deep as the Rubicon wheels then I don't doubt they'll fit. You can aftermarket the Rubicon fenders later if you are worried about "full stuff" rubbing on your existing fenders.

I think I'm going to push for 33"s right out of the gate, but might consider 35"s without a lift... 35" tires just get so pricey.

7. Mac

Mac Member

Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU
    Liked:
    Depends what you are towing, even with 4.10s 35s will have a big impact on towing on the highway especially if you are in a hilly area.

8. OP
    OP
    Kangarhew

Kangarhew Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Jeep Cherokee
    Liked:
    I honestly won’t be towing much at all. I just want the option for the 4.10 gears, and for if I need to tow anything I have the capability.

5JeepsAz likes this.
  9. DesertDog

DesertDog Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    Colorado
    Liked:
    I’m more worried about the power output of the Pentastar. I haven’t had anything less than a V-8 in a lot of years. Towing 4600 pounds regularly in the mountains has me concerned. Buying a gladiator is a bit of an emotional purchase for me. I sure hope it’s not a mistake.