Sponsored

Lift for Max Tow - keep rear springs?

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Getting ready for my new truck to arrive.

Was looking at doing a Mopar lift going to run 35's and eventually 37's also maybe adding a 3/4 spacer to bring the front up. Posts are saying the max tow has heavier rear springs which makes sense. Some people are keeping them and just doing spacers in the back.

My questions are

Should I just buy a mopar kit since it comes with the longer shocks and all of the other stuff needed and then get spacers for the back? If I want I can swap to the springs whenever.

Would I want the AEV brackets? I see that some are using them.

Is the Mopar kit going to have enough clearance to run 37's offroad with the lower fenders and small spacer up front?

Other affordable options? I have no problem diying whatever.

Thanks
Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
If you are interested in a lift that retains the payload look at the aev kit that comes with the longer and tuned shocks and geo correction bracket. The aev and mopar lift are similar priced but the aev comes with more like the rear track bar relocation bracket.
The Clayton ride right 2.5” has a three zone rear springs also. It’s a little bit more but comes with front and rear adjustable track bar. The Clayton rear track bar is curved too to clear some 37s in the stock location also.

I don’t have a max tow, but I do have a rubicon and I’ve been searching for a lift while maintaining some payload capacity also and looking at keeping 35s instead of going to 37s. I wouldn’t mind the look of 37s, I just don’t want to do a regear to do it.

OP
OP
tommyp

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
If you are interested in a lift that retains the payload look at the aev kit that comes with the longer and tuned shocks and geo correction bracket. The aev and mopar lift are similar priced but the aev comes with more like the rear track bar relocation bracket.
The Clayton ride right 2.5” has a three zone rear springs also. It’s a little bit more but comes with front and rear adjustable track bar. The Clayton rear track bar is curved too to clear some 37s in the stock location also.

I don’t have a max tow, but I do have a rubicon and I’ve been searching for a lift while maintaining some payload capacity also and looking at keeping 35s instead of going to 37s. I wouldn’t mind the look of 37s, I just don’t want to do a regear to do it.
Yeah thats kinda where I am at. I want the lowest lift with in reason. I will run with kenda 35's on stock rims for now and look at 37's and regearing down the road if I think its necessary. No real reason for me to do that right away. I don't really need to keep the payload capacity for day to day stuff. I won't be towing with it much if at all I have another truck for that but also not adverse to keeping the stiffer springs.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are looking to just clear 35s now and 37s down the road and not super worried about the payload, yeah the mopar wouldn’t be a bad option. The mopar kit and some rubicon fenders when you step up to 37s would fit the bill then.
Im running the teraflex spacer and the mopar lift control arms up front on mine and the 3/4” spacer in the rear. I don’t have any shock extensions either. That was a fairly inexpensive way to get some height while maintaining the factory ride, at least I think it rides well. I’m using the bfg ko2 in 315/70s also.

Jeep Gladiator Lift for Max Tow - keep rear springs? C41F50BF-B68F-4FA2-8D81-5EB1C0A200AD

Jeep Gladiator Lift for Max Tow - keep rear springs? 2F42F72F-4587-49BA-B015-1DD53FDC8D84

Jeep Gladiator Lift for Max Tow - keep rear springs? 6CA8863F-AD74-4B27-8EC0-3A450260BE8B

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The ONLY time you keep the rear springs is when doing the Rubicon Take off's. Otherwise you ditch them in favor of the ones that come with your lift.

To correct above... The Clayton rear trackbar is straight, not curved. They do have a curved one available, but it doesn't come with the lift. I do have a Clayton 2.5" & I have no complaints with it. I got the overland+ kit back before the ride right was available. Be aware though Clayton's 2.5" is way more then most other brands 2.5" or even 3.5" lifts. They measure from the rear instead of the front & then bring the front up close to level. Check out the linked thread for pictures comparing the height of the Clayton 2.5 vs Metalcloak 3.5

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...l-w-hicentered-gladiator-sport-rubicon.33600/

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got a 2.5" Readylift SST spacer lift and Rubicon take off front springs and I'm clearing 37's no problem. Mine is a Max Tow. I was tempted to put 39 12.5 17's on which would of cleared as well but I was concerned about the 90lb weight of the tires. A 2.5" lift is all you need to clear 37's and have room. The Rubicon take offs and 2.5 spacer lift gave me Over 3.5" of lift.
No regear and averaging over 17mpgs. Haven't towed anything yet but it doesn't feel like it's got any less power than when I had it on 35's.
Jeep Gladiator Lift for Max Tow - keep rear springs? PXL_20210328_233737820.PORTRAIT~2

OP
OP
tommyp

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I got a 2.5" Readylift SST spacer lift and Rubicon take off front springs and I'm clearing 37's no problem. Mine is a Max Tow. I was tempted to put 39 12.5 17's on which would of cleared as well but I was concerned about the 90lb weight of the tires. A 2.5" lift is all you need to clear 37's and have room. The Rubicon take offs and 2.5 spacer lift gave me Over 3.5" of lift.
No regear and averaging over 17mpgs. Haven't towed anything yet but it doesn't feel like it's got any less power than when I had it on 35's.
Looks awesome. I wonder how much (if any) benefit in ride and flex the longer springs would be over the spacers.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ONLY time you keep the rear springs is when doing the Rubicon Take off's. Otherwise you ditch them in favor of the ones that come with your lift.

To correct above... The Clayton rear trackbar is straight, not curved. They do have a curved one available, but it doesn't come with the lift. I do have a Clayton 2.5" & I have no complaints with it. I got the overland+ kit back before the ride right was available. Be aware though Clayton's 2.5" is way more then most other brands 2.5" or even 3.5" lifts. They measure from the rear instead of the front & then bring the front up close to level. Check out the linked thread for pictures comparing the height of the Clayton 2.5 vs Metalcloak 3.5

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...l-w-hicentered-gladiator-sport-rubicon.33600/
Actually, all their new lift do come with the curved rear track bar, both the ride right and their complete kits do.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, all their new lift do come with the curved rear track bar, both the ride right and their complete kits do.
The product page images show otherwise & the descriptions don't mention it either. Maybe @Clayton Off Road can clarify.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The product page images show otherwise & the descriptions don't mention it either. Maybe @Clayton Off Road can clarify.
It actually does state that it comes with it. If you read beyond the photos in the description portion, it states in all caps that the kits come with the high clearance rear track bar.

C0023584-4B28-4827-8347-5EBF074459F4.png

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It actually does state that it comes with it. If you read beyond the photos in the description portion, it states in all caps that the kits come with the high clearance rear track bar.

C0023584-4B28-4827-8347-5EBF074459F4.png
I stand corrected. I was looking at the product features & its not mentioned on any of them. It makes sense for them to not keep producing 2 competing products.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected. I was looking at the product features & its not mentioned on any of them. It makes sense for them to not keep producing 2 competing products.
I also didn’t mean to come across as an a-hole but I’m on the hunt for a lift also with similar criteria as the op and just wanted to share what I had found, especially since the op stated that they might want 37s in the future and tge Clayton lift seems to be one of the best went it comes to payload, flex and ride.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also didn’t mean to come across as an a-hole but I’m on the hunt for a lift also with similar criteria as the op and just wanted to share what I had found, especially since the op stated that they might want 37s in the future and tge Clayton lift seems to be one of the best went it comes to payload, flex and ride.
I am quite happy with my Clayton lift. The only negative I would say (and its not really a negative if your using it) is the weight. Because the lift's are BEEFY the arms naturally weigh more then other competitive lift's. Of course that extra mass also means extra strength as with just about anything else we bolt on to your trucks.

OP
OP
tommyp

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow

Yeah the clayton looks good but adding shocks puts it up to close to 2k which isn't terrible but it is also pretty tall maybe higher than I would want.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the clayton looks good but adding shocks puts it up to close to 2k which isn't terrible but it is also pretty tall maybe higher than I would want.
That’s the same boat I’m in. I like the quality of the lift but it’s pretty tall unladen. I had priced out synergy coils plus shocks that are roughly 2” front and 1” rear and with new shocks it was 1100~ish. At that point the aev or mopar would be a better option.

so many choices, it can be a bit daunting. Which is why I’m probably still running just spacers.
Sponsored