Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Hospice Nurse
Newbie here...
I have a 2020 JT Sport with tow pkg. I'm getting close to ready for a 2.5-3" suspension lift (this is my first lift). Im wondering the pros & cons of where to get it done. (I live in the north Dallas/Richardson area)
With lack of personal history and dealers warnings of compromised warranty, it feels like the dealer lift job would be safe and easy. But, I also know they most often just outsource the job anyway...
So, what are the thoughts and opinions here?!
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Dealer only going to install a mopar lift. If that’s the lift you want then the dealer is your best option but if you want more an off-road shop is going to be your only option. In your area you will have a lot of great options. Everything’s bigger in TX, right?

OP
OP

Kevin S

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Hospice Nurse
Dealer only going to install a mopar lift. If that’s the lift you want then the dealer is your best option but if you want more an off-road shop is going to be your only option. In your area you will have a lot of great options. Everything’s bigger in TX, right?
Thx. Mopar is prob cool for me, but Ive heard some good feedback on Clayton lifts too. Im mostly driving in town, and occasional wknd dirt road and pasture tromping...

TEXAS, gotta love the big stuff!!

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There are several shops around town the specialize in this as well as multiple 4 Wheel Parts locations that also do installs.

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
Might consider joining a local 4WD club. My experience is that the members are usually very supportive in teaching/helping a newb learn how do do relatively easy things such as lifts themselves. If you're looking to do many mods down the road you can save a boatload of $$ by doing the work yourself...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kevin S

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Hospice Nurse
There are several shops around town the specialize in this as well as multiple 4 Wheel Parts locations that also do installs.

So
Might consider joining a local 4WD club. My experience is that the members are usually very supportive in teaching/helping a newb learn how do do relatively easy things such as lifts themselves. If you're looking to do many mods down the road you can save a boatload of $$ by doing the work yourself...

I hear that!! Will definitely consider it.
I'm a half broke 53yr old. But maybe get my son to help out...

Dog breath. I love that name

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
mopar lift installed at dealer in August 2019. No issues with it at all. Would have done it myself but my driveway sits at about a 45 degree angle. Makes it hard to work on vehicles. And, the warranty from the dealer. Lol

H2OBUG

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Engineer
So

I hear that!! Will definitely consider it.
I'm a half broke 53yr old. But maybe get my son to help out...

Dog breath. I love that name
My 52 year old broke ass did mine Tuesday. My ass was sore Wednesday. I did a Rough Country spring and shock level. Took about 3 hours with the beer at the end. I ended up building my own bump stop extension.
This was the 6th lift I have done. Two Tacos, F-150, Titian and Frontier And TJ. This was by far the easist I have done.
If you had a mini bike when you were a kid you can do it.
Take a look at the YouTube videos and the instruction sheets.
Front is not bad.
Now the rear not as easy based on instructions. Lots of stuff to come off.

OP
OP

Kevin S

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Hospice Nurse
mopar lift installed at dealer in August 2019. No issues with it at all. Would have done it myself but my driveway sits at about a 45 degree angle. Makes it hard to work on vehicles. And, the warranty from the dealer. Lol

Cool.
Funny, my driveway is that stupid 45degree angle too!!
Im thinking Ill prob go with the dealer Mopar lift, but Im sure liking what I hear about the Clayton lifts...

OP
OP

Kevin S

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Hospice Nurse
My 52 year old broke ass did mine Tuesday. My ass was sore Wednesday. I did a Rough Country spring and shock level. Took about 3 hours with the beer at the end. I ended up building my own bump stop extension.
This was the 6th lift I have done. Two Tacos, F-150, Titian and Frontier And TJ. This was by far the easist I have done.
If you had a mini bike when you were a kid you can do it.
Take a look at the YouTube videos and the instruction sheets.
Front is not bad.
Now the rear not as easy based on instructions. Lots of stuff to come off.

Thats awesome dude!!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Cool.
Funny, my driveway is that stupid 45degree angle too!!
Im thinking Ill prob go with the dealer Mopar lift, but Im sure liking what I hear about the Clayton lifts...
If you have any questions, feel free to PM us or give us a call! :like:
Sponsored