Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Hi guys ,

after installing my Clayton off-road 2.5 inch overland lift , I decided to go at the dealer for a proper alignment…

as you can see on the picture annd video … not what I exactly name à perfect job .

isnt Better tovisit someone specialized in jeep customization instead official dealer ?

what do you think ?

have y’all a great Sunday

ACB70C94-D406-4FF8-B87C-A98FFC19FCC4.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

gonecrazi105

First Name
neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator willys
Occupation
driver
Had my JT for a year and so far not impressed with dealer service. Took mine for alignment to a local garage and was perfect after lifting it. Had a squeaking /rattle noise coming from rear end. Took to dealer and after 7 hours they blamed it on the shocks(wrong). Turns out it was springs rubbing on each other the top 4 rungs. took me 2 hours to do what dealer couldnt in 7.

Reactions: Dim
OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Had my JT for a year and so far not impressed with dealer service. Took mine for alignment to a local garage and was perfect after lifting it. Had a squeaking /rattle noise coming from rear end. Took to dealer and after 7 hours they blamed it on the shocks(wrong). Turns out it was springs rubbing on each other the top 4 rungs. took me 2 hours to do what dealer couldnt in 7.

based on your testimony, i become more and more convinced they are just good to sell overpriced things to fancy guys who wants tolook free and wild with stock Jeep's ... at least her in belgium. :)

will do the same as you. on both topic because i also have this little squizzy noise in the rear ;-)

what did you used to fix it?

gonecrazi105

First Name
neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator willys
Occupation
driver
based on your testimony, i become more and more convinced they are just good to sell overpriced things to fancy guys who wants tolook free and wild with stock Jeep's ... at least her in belgium. :)

will do the same as you. on both topic because i also have this little squizzy noise in the rear ;-)

what did you used to fix it?
I went to the local parts store and bought half inch heater hose. Then cut them into small sections and wrapped the top rungs on all the springs while the JT was jacked up and the axle lowered, as best i could. i held it in place while my wife jacked the axle up and put the pressure back on the tops rungs of the springs so the hose would stay in place. I drove it all day yesterday and not a single noise all day.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
This is a fairly easy fix to get the wheel straight
While driving straight, mark where the steering wheel is in relation to driving straight on the column (mines usually dusty so just draw a line in the dust hahaha)
Once you are parked, line the steering wheel up to where it drives straight. Just need a 15mm socket to loosen the clamp on the drag link. Can generally turn the adjuster by hand, but either turn it clockwise or counter clock wise till your steering wheel is now straight. Tighten the clamp back up and good to go
Sponsored