First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
I added a steersmarts front trackbar and Tera flex rear trackbar bracket to mine. Drag-link and tierod are good for now. However, every Jeep I’ve owned has eventually needed to replace both.
Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
The weak links that @KurtP mentioned would still be there.

Edit….weak links that may or may not affect you depending on what you do with your Mojave. Most people bought a Mojave and had no idea “what” they bought or how to upgrade a vehicle’s suspension to account for larger wheels and tires.
Huh? I just meant the better suspension, beefier frame, hydraulic bumps tops, big-nostril hood. All Jeeps have weak links.

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Huh? I just meant the better suspension, beefier frame, hydraulic bumps tops, big-nostril hood. All Jeeps have weak links.
Oh…you seemed to miss the point of this thread, people’s responses and the Mojave platform

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Here’s my 2¢ after installing the AEV lift with Geo brackets.

the truck does NOT need 2” of lift to comfortably fit 35s. Here is my truck flexed on 37s, before the lift went on. Unless you’re crawling, 35s all day on a Mojave. The 2” is just icing on the cake.
Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave 3484EFCA-F8C0-4B5B-A1C1-9322A370A0CF
Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave 6E6ADC02-955D-439B-AB46-7BFEE68179E7

if you want to do the 2” lift, AEV is your one-stop shop for everything you need, great kit that I installed myself. Here the kicker though: NOTHING about the AEV kit is really all that special. Except maybe the geo brackets. The kit without brackets is 4 things for the front and rear: A 2 inch coil spacer. A 2 inch shock extension. 2 inch bump stop pads. And 2 inch longer sway bar end links.

Every one of these things you can get from any other manufacturer. 2 inch coil spacers and 2 inch bump stops are not hard to come by, they are just hunks if plastic or rubber, depending on the manufacturer. They are not specific to the Mojave. Several companies also make sway bar end links that are threaded and adjustable by cutting to necessary length, or just a set extension length.

There is actually nothing too special about the shock extension either. The only difference between a shock extension for the Rubicon or any other trim, is that the lower bolt is thicker on the Mojave than the lower bolt on the other trims. So the bolt hole on the bracket, for a shock extension that works on any other trim, is just a little too narrow. This can easily be fixed by drilling it out to size and painting it rust proof. Epic Adventure Outfitters did this with their Mojave. Check out their YouTube channel. AEV shock extensions are specifically made for the Mojave so you don’t need to enlarge the hole, but it’s not hard to do.

All you really need to mimic the AEV lift are those 4 components for all 4 corners and you have the same thing that AEV packages up neatly. If you can’t wait for the back order and need your lift ASAP, a Frankenlift doing what I just described is a perfectly viable option, that doesn't mess with the suspension. Adding the Geo correction brackets would just tie it all together by dropping those CAs down 2 inches each, and essentially you’re back to factory suspension angles everywhere.

Last edited:

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
AEV (since 1997) makes amazing products, but Skyjacker (since 1974) has been around a hell of a lot longer. Both kits are spacer kits so you retain the OEM springs. I’ve never bought from either company but I would never dismiss Skyjacker as not worthy. FWIW, you don’t need a lift to fit 35’s. Mount them up and get the lift you want later. That’s my plan.
AEV kit
Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave DF86FA8C-6012-4519-8AC8-7B9BDAD6FB30

Skyjacker kit-
Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave E89E75FE-949A-43F2-A055-B0279367AC86

The AEV kit is more complete but also costs more. The Skyjacker kit uses steel spacers that shouldn’t wear out. It’s always a compromise.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
AEV (since 1997) makes amazing products, but Skyjacker (since 1974) has been around a hell of a lot longer. Both kits are spacer kits so you retain the OEM springs. I’ve never bought from either company but I would never dismiss Skyjacker as not worthy. FWIW, you don’t need a lift to fit 35’s. Mount them up and get the lift you want later. That’s my plan.
AEV kit

Skyjacker kit-
Pretty much just echoes what I said above. That kit has the exact same components - coil spacer, bump stop spacer, shock extension, longer sway bar end link. Although, it looks like those are just components for the front end? So this would be more of a 2” left, or just a front lift? I only see a pair of everything - shock extension brackets, coil spacers, bump stop spacers, and end links. I installed my Mojave lift over a few days and did just the front first. It was definitely nose high with a 2” lift up front only.
Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave 78DEE0A5-A842-41E6-87D9-FA3DCF0FEC8A

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Pretty much just echoes what I said above. That kit has the exact same components - coil spacer, bump stop spacer, shock extension, longer sway bar end link. Although, it looks like those are just components for the front end? So this would be more of a 2” left, or just a front lift? I only see a pair of everything - shock extension brackets, coil spacers, bump stop spacers, and end links. I installed my Mojave lift over a few days and did just the front first. It was definitely nose high with a 2” lift up front only.
78DEE0A5-A842-41E6-87D9-FA3DCF0FEC8A.jpeg
The other spacers are shown from the top at the bottom of the pic. What I see missing is the rear shock extensions and rear sway bar end links. Due to the angle of the rear shocks, maybe they’re not needed? IDK
I guess it doesn’t matter, it’s on back order too LOL

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Suspension with Kurt, tonight at 7pm EST. Pour your favorite beverage, and sign on.

We'll cover a couple basic considerations of lifting a Mojave, and what things I have found helpful vs not for building out vehicles for various purposes. If you're looking to be a serious rock crawler, I'm probably not your guy. If vehicle dynamics are, then you may find benefit.

K P is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Suspension with Kurt
Time: Jan 28, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/87051010236?pwd=eDM5UjE3REI0Y2RSNERXVHVVK3NWUT09

Meeting ID: 870 5101 0236
Passcode: KZA098

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Suspension with Kurt, tonight at 7pm EST. Pour your favorite beverage, and sign on.

We'll cover a couple basic considerations of lifting a Mojave, and what things I have found helpful vs not for building out vehicles for various purposes. If you're looking to be a serious rock crawler, I'm probably not your guy. If vehicle dynamics are, then you may find benefit.

K P is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Suspension with Kurt
Time: Jan 28, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/87051010236?pwd=eDM5UjE3REI0Y2RSNERXVHVVK3NWUT09

Meeting ID: 870 5101 0236
Passcode: KZA098
This is awesome! greatly appreciated and of course I will not be able to attend due to work 😐 ...

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Any chance it can be recorded? I would love to call in but will be camping and not sure if I will have a signal.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My vote is to buy the AEV and just wait.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I currently have a JKS and am not thrilled with it. I am not sure how much is the lift and how much is the amount of weight I am carrying, but the shop knew the weight when they recommended the lift. I am probably going to Dobinson coils soon and Fox Elite 2.5s on the front (already have the Elites on the back) and possibly changing out a few parts.

IMG_1631.jpg
Sponsored