Sponsored

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Based on all this I'm thinking the AEV 2" spacer kit plus some airbags for my use case:

OEM steel front/rear + winch
RSI cap (175lbs)
3-4 hundred lbs cargo in the bed when travelling. Rear seat delete/platform.
Towing ~3000lb overland trailer, ~250lb tongue weight.
Daily use just the cap/bumpers/winch.

I have it on 315/70 C-rated ko2s now and am very happy with the ride, no plan for larger/heavier tires. Just looking for some expert opinions on if the above load would be a bit much for a spacer kit. I was leaning towards the fabtech trail kit but I really don't want to lift the truck 3 plus inches.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Based on all this I'm thinking the AEV 2" spacer kit plus some airbags for my use case:

OEM steel front/rear + winch
RSI cap (175lbs)
3-4 hundred lbs cargo in the bed when travelling. Rear seat delete/platform.
Towing ~3000lb overland trailer, ~250lb tongue weight.
Daily use just the cap/bumpers/winch.

I have it on 315/70 C-rated ko2s now and am very happy with the ride, no plan for larger/heavier tires. Just looking for some expert opinions on if the above load would be a bit much for a spacer kit. I was leaning towards the fabtech trail kit but I really don't want to lift the truck 3 plus inches.
Youll need airbags for sure.

2021-JT-Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Shortened and rethreaded the metal cloak links

247F51A7-F717-4AE3-AA52-141172951492.jpeg
quick question (i think). I'm about to install the full FabTech Mojave lift kit and want to also add front disconnecting sway bar capability. I also ordered MetalCloak front sway bar disconnect kit. I called Metalcloak and they seemed to think their front sway bar end links are the correct lengths for their lifts (around 3" and thought it would would work just fine with our FabTech lift which is about 3") so why would they claim this but yet you had to cut length? How much length did you have to cut from each side? Would their stock length worked and your being conservative? Where did you mount the brackets on each side to hold the link when disconnected? Can you show some photos of what you did and if you would do same location again? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
quick question (i think). I'm about to install the full FabTech Mojave lift kit and want to also add front disconnecting sway bar capability. I also ordered MetalCloak front sway bar disconnect kit. I called Metalcloak and they seemed to think their front sway bar end links are the correct lengths for their lifts (around 3" and thought it would would work just fine with our FabTech lift which is about 3") so why would they claim this but yet you had to cut length? How much length did you have to cut from each side? Would their stock length worked and your being conservative? Where did you mount the brackets on each side to hold the link when disconnected? Can you show some photos of what you did and if you would do same location again? Thanks in advance!
All i did was measure the sway links that would have the sway bar at a slight up angle. The metal cloaks are a long as they are to accommodate their shock down travel to keep you from inverting the sway bar.

To he clear, i never confirmed that i HAD to cut my links. I cut them because of how far up the sway angle was, and i was concerned that at full frontal compression like taking a g out at speed would cause the sway to impact upwards into the fender liner or other part. It might not have been an issue, it just looked like it was by my eyeball so i cut a couple inches off them and rethreaded it.

I wanted to run the synergy disconnects but i would have had to pull the springs and spring seats apart to try and cut/grind/clearance for the axle side mounts.

So again, might not have been an issue. Might have been an issue with a different/easier fix. I just knew going shorter wasnt going to be a problem for me and cutting/rethreading was something i could easily do.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

Sponsored

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate that thanks haha. I was never ‘trained’ as a mechanic so I wont claim it. I also left out the fact that we totally fucked up and accidentally disconnected both front upper control arms and the axle rolled forward. We disconnected the driver side having completely forgotten the pass was already disconnected.

We werent sure if it would be wise or not to use the front drive shaft/pinion as leverage to bring it back......so i laid on my back/side; braced my shoulders into the cinderblocks of the garage wall bottom and squat pressed the axle back into position by the UCA mounts. That sucker is heavy and under a shit ton of tension. I squat north of 500lb, and there was a minute we werent sure i was going to be able to get it back into position. Ended up being fine in the end; but i can tell you for sure that was a lesson ill only need to learn once.

Experience. The mother of all teachers. 🤣😂🤷🏼‍♂️
I know this is an old thread but I was reading because I’m probably about to add Mojave fox shocks to my Rubicon. I did the same thing by accident when I was installing my control arm relocation brackets at midnight by myself lol. I took a ratchet strap, hooked one end to the axle, one back to a hole in the frame and cranked it back to where I could get the bolt through the uca and the bracket. I’ve installed 10 lifts, 8 by myself, and have learned to use ratchet straps and rope blocks the older I get. I have always done everything by hand but the older I get the more my shoulders and elbows are tired of it lol. Bought my first air impact yesterday. Also a massive floor Jack. My days of stacking wood under the jacks are done lol.

Michael1.a

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Millwright
I just got doing a lift on my Mojave too! We went with a Rock Krawler spring lift! With their Pro Link rear!

Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV 9EA8846E-585C-4759-8DDB-477BFAFEBB84
Did you do the 3” with the 4-link rear? How much did it actually raise the truck front and rear?

MojavePierce

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 21 Toyota Camry N-shade
Occupation
Recreation Facilities Manager
I just got doing a lift on my Mojave too! We went with a Rock Krawler spring lift! With their Pro Link rear!

Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV 9EA8846E-585C-4759-8DDB-477BFAFEBB84
Are those the KMC wheels? What bumper is that?

tonyperkins1

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT Analyst

View attachment 134711

Buddy came up and helped with the install. A quick word: It’s not terribly hard, but it is very involved and its a fair amount of work. If you even question “can I do this myself?” My advice to you would be not to try. There’s drilling, a lot of specific tq specs, measurements, on and on that have to be right or the truck wont drive right. If you’re comfortable WGD (Wrenching, Grinding, Drilling) and you have time on your schedule, then full send.

A quick exec-sum here followed by a couple pics and videos

So:
2020 Mojave.
What we did:

- Fabtech Mojave Specific basic lift. No, the shock mounts do not have to be drilled out with this kid the way they do on others. No, the springs did NOT compromise the ride of the Mojave system. They integrate flawlessly to the stock shocks and the truck rides like stock. MAYBE a touch stiffer, but its perfect. Minimal body roll increase if any from added lift height.

- Synergy Drag Link and Tie Rod w/ Fox 2.0 reinstalled w/ Dana HD ball joints

- @Clayton Off Road Overland+ control arm kit & adjustable track bars front and rear. This is REALLY nice shit.

- Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer

- Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation tower

- The front Teraflex track bar relocation bracket did not fit based on the bolt for the steering stabilizer relocation mount. I have a Synergy relocation bracket on back order, and will assess if my wheels will allow for a drag link flip. If I can DLF, I will do the bracket in the front as well.

- AEV Geometry correction brackets. These are a *GAME CHANGER* for your at-speed on-highway vehicle dynamics. The truck dives LESS NOW that it did stock under hard braking. For the “I wheel so hard Id rip those things right off” crowd: Eehhh, you really don’t. As you can see they arent that low relative to other points of the truck. If they dont work for you, that’s fine, build your truck as you see fit for your purposes. I prioritize vehicle dynamics over EVERYTHING else I do with suspension, hence the selection. If you’re a big time rock krawler, then these might not be the best approach. But for overanding, daily driving, moderate trail use, etc these things are imo worth it.

- Total lift height came in about 3” inches, and Ill add a 3/4 rear spacer to the rear to get some rake built in. If you want level truck, this lift is level as stock.

Pics of Geo bracket LCA mount vs stock rear frame LCA mount: there is no loss of clearance relative to other points.

Vids:

Hope that helps!!!

Hey, so I am a novice at this but did alot of research because I love your stance. The videos you posted no longer work. Is there a way I can see the videos? Maybe that would answer some of the questions I have. So I compiled a list of parts and their approximate cost based on what you listed:

Fabtech lift kit (https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product-category/jeep/4wd-jeep/gladiator/2020-mojave/2-inch-lift-kits-2020-mojave/sport-ii-lift-kits-3-inch-lift-kits-2020-mojave/) $1000

Synergy Drag Link (
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-heavy-duty-drag-link-kit.html?category_id=5992) $350

Clayton Control Arm Kit (
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-overland-short-control-arm-kit-2020-jt) $1216

Clayton Adjustable Front Track Bar (
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-adjustable-front-track-bar-2018-jl-jt) $250 (do you need more than 1?)

Clayton Adjustable Rear Track Bar (
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-adjustable-rear-track-bar-2020-jt-0) $250 (do you need more than 1?)

Rock Jock driveshaft warrior bearing drop kit (
https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-151402-101) $35

Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation bracket (
https://rockkrawler.com/jt-rear-track-bar-relocation-bracket/) $120

AEV Geometry Correction Brackets (
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-geometry-correction-brackets/) $330

The front Teraflex or Synergy track bar relocation bracket necessary?

This comes to around $3600 for the parts alone. So my question is....are there some parts that you put on yours that may not be absolutely necessary but will still give me the same stance? Also, since I am a novice thats learning, could I just buy these parts and tell a shop to install it to get this look / stance?
Sponsored