First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Honestly. Just grit. We’re both north of 250lb and rep north of 500 for squat and dead lift. We’re just big dudes. I compressed the springs with my hands and knee and he pushed the axle down. The front passenger was the hardest.

Im sure someone who is a real mechanic can come up with something easier? Sometimes we can get away with not being terribly bright.

Edit- renting a clamp style spring compressor might work?
I'm 155lb soakin wet and did most of this myself.. my boy did help with the spring install and some other 4 handed needs.. not sure I got the lca torque tight enough but that what the alignment shop is for!
Aligning up a couple bolt was a pita, rachet strap and rolling the tire helped a ton.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 155lb soakin wet and did most of this myself.. my boy did help with the spring install and some other 4 handed needs.. not sure I got the lca torque tight enough but that what the alignment shop is for!
Aligning up a couple bolt was a pita, rachet strap and rolling the tire helped a ton.
:like: you beat me to that ratchet straps a couple of good ones can really help, and or a come along. Following with a good floor / bottle jacks.

If you have Rock Hard side rails the ratchet straps and come along can be a lifesaver if you're ever doing transmission removal or clutch replacement for the matter if pulling the engine you can support the transmission with it.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
View attachment 134711

Buddy came up and helped with the install. A quick word: It’s not terribly hard, but it is very involved and its a fair amount of work. If you even question “can I do this myself?” My advice to you would be not to try. There’s drilling, a lot of specific tq specs, measurements, on and on that have to be right or the truck wont drive right. If you’re comfortable WGD (Wrenching, Grinding, Drilling) and you have time on your schedule, then full send.

A quick exec-sum here followed by a couple pics and videos

So:
2020 Mojave.
What we did:

- Fabtech Mojave Specific basic lift. No, the shock mounts do not have to be drilled out with this kid the way they do on others. No, the springs did NOT compromise the ride of the Mojave system. They integrate flawlessly to the stock shocks and the truck rides like stock. MAYBE a touch stiffer, but its perfect. Minimal body roll increase if any from added lift height.

- Synergy Drag Link and Tie Rod w/ Fox 2.0 reinstalled w/ Dana HD ball joints

- @Clayton Off Road Overland+ control arm kit & adjustable track bars front and rear. This is REALLY nice shit.

- Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer

- Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation tower

- The front Teraflex track bar relocation bracket did not fit based on the bolt for the steering stabilizer relocation mount. I have a Synergy relocation bracket on back order, and will assess if my wheels will allow for a drag link flip. If I can DLF, I will do the bracket in the front as well.

- AEV Geometry correction brackets. These are a *GAME CHANGER* for your at-speed on-highway vehicle dynamics. The truck dives LESS NOW that it did stock under hard braking. For the “I wheel so hard Id rip those things right off” crowd: Eehhh, you really don’t. As you can see they arent that low relative to other points of the truck. If they dont work for you, that’s fine, build your truck as you see fit for your purposes. I prioritize vehicle dynamics over EVERYTHING else I do with suspension, hence the selection. If you’re a big time rock krawler, then these might not be the best approach. But for overanding, daily driving, moderate trail use, etc these things are imo worth it.

- Total lift height came in between 2-2.5ish inches, and Ill add a 3/4 rear spacer to the rear to get some rake built in. If you want level truck, this lift is level as stock.

Pics of Geo bracket LCA mount vs stock rear frame LCA mount: there is no loss of clearance relative to other points.
5E381781-BD9D-4DE9-B61E-753A041F5600.jpeg
0376E3E9-E66E-49CD-9B60-119BBA0622CE.jpeg

Vids:

Hope that helps!!!
I just installed those AEV correction brackets. Everything you said was true. Not sure why I didn't install them earlier.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I just installed those AEV correction brackets. Everything you said was true. Not sure why I didn't install them earlier.
Awesome. Glad that worked for you as well.

Sponsored

fourreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mojave
Buddy came up and helped with the install. A quick word: It’s not terribly hard, but it is very involved and its a fair amount of work. If you even question “can I do this myself?” My advice to you would be not to try. There’s drilling, a lot of specific tq specs, measurements, on and on that have to be right or the truck wont drive right. If you’re comfortable WGD (Wrenching, Grinding, Drilling) and you have time on your schedule, then full send.

A quick exec-sum here followed by a couple pics and videos

So:
2020 Mojave.
What we did:

- Fabtech Mojave Specific basic lift. No, the shock mounts do not have to be drilled out with this kid the way they do on others. No, the springs did NOT compromise the ride of the Mojave system. They integrate flawlessly to the stock shocks and the truck rides like stock. MAYBE a touch stiffer, but its perfect. Minimal body roll increase if any from added lift height.

- Synergy Drag Link and Tie Rod w/ Fox 2.0 reinstalled w/ Dana HD ball joints

- @Clayton Off Road Overland+ control arm kit & adjustable track bars front and rear. This is REALLY nice shit.

- Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer

- Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation tower

- The front Teraflex track bar relocation bracket did not fit based on the bolt for the steering stabilizer relocation mount. I have a Synergy relocation bracket on back order, and will assess if my wheels will allow for a drag link flip. If I can DLF, I will do the bracket in the front as well.

- AEV Geometry correction brackets. These are a *GAME CHANGER* for your at-speed on-highway vehicle dynamics. The truck dives LESS NOW that it did stock under hard braking. For the “I wheel so hard Id rip those things right off” crowd: Eehhh, you really don’t. As you can see they arent that low relative to other points of the truck. If they dont work for you, that’s fine, build your truck as you see fit for your purposes. I prioritize vehicle dynamics over EVERYTHING else I do with suspension, hence the selection. If you’re a big time rock krawler, then these might not be the best approach. But for overanding, daily driving, moderate trail use, etc these things are imo worth it.

- Total lift height came in between 2-2.5ish inches, and Ill add a 3/4 rear spacer to the rear to get some rake built in. If you want level truck, this lift is level as stock.

Pics of Geo bracket LCA mount vs stock rear frame LCA mount: there is no loss of clearance relative to other points.

Kurt,
I am new to the whole game of lifting a vehicle... But it looks like you did a lot of work and after market stuff, mix and matching so you clearly have some knowledge as to the pros and cons of all the options out there. So please help me with this. I am not mechanically inclined so most likely I would have some install a lift for me but what do you think of a less complicated lift like the 2 inch Daystar lift like this....

https://www.morris4x4center.com/day...O_lkARntAXIW63FS3q_gwa0xxSdgduwcaAqPjEALw_wcB

I am not an off road enthusiast going over really rough terrain... I tend to just go on back roads to see where they lead me but skip the heavy treacherous stuff or the rock crawling... Most of the time I am on the highway tho.... but to me the Mojave just needs some height for aesthics if nothing else (maybe I feel this way because my prior GMC truck was lifted when I purchased it and me being 6'6" it just feels better to climb up into a truck than sit down into like a car. idk)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Kurt,
I am new to the whole game of lifting a vehicle... But it looks like you did a lot of work and after market stuff, mix and matching so you clearly have some knowledge as to the pros and cons of all the options out there. So please help me with this. I am not mechanically inclined so most likely I would have some install a lift for me but what do you think of a less complicated lift like the 2 inch Daystar lift like this....

https://www.morris4x4center.com/day...O_lkARntAXIW63FS3q_gwa0xxSdgduwcaAqPjEALw_wcB

I am not an off road enthusiast going over really rough terrain... I tend to just go on back roads to see where they lead me but skip the heavy treacherous stuff or the rock crawling... Most of the time I am on the highway tho.... but to me the Mojave just needs some height for aesthics if nothing else (maybe I feel this way because my prior GMC truck was lifted when I purchased it and me being 6'6" it just feels better to climb up into a truck than sit down into like a car. idk)
Happy to try and help. Imo, go spacer lift, and go with the AEV once it releases.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...wanna-lift-your-mojave-and-not-ruin-it.41027/

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Well. In looking more at measurements etc, this is a 3” lift Over stock; so on par with a rubicon getting a clayton 3.5

MTSemperGladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto Sales
So just got the lift put on with the Fab tech steering stabilizer. It will be required to get off set rims. I contacted Fabtech and they said it was was required. I cant find any information on that. So i have to use spacers to use the lift with stock rims. I will post pics once I get this done. So figured about 5 to 6 hours i am currently at 10 hours in... But when lifting a vehicle there is always issues...

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So just got the lift put on with the Fab tech steering stabilizer. It will be required to get off set rims. I contacted Fabtech and they said it was was required. I cant find any information on that. So i have to use spacers to use the lift with stock rims. I will post pics once I get this done. So figured about 5 to 6 hours i am currently at 10 hours in... But when lifting a vehicle there is always issues...
Yeah the drag link flip requires offset and i didnt know that before hnd either. So i got aev wheels. Lol. Knowing this is a 3” lift over stock instead of the 2” they claim makes the DLF make more sense now too

That said, the front geometry is good enough without im not convinced ill flip it. Its one finger stable at 70. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

MTSemperGladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah the drag link flip requires offset and i didnt know that before hnd either. So i got aev wheels. Lol. Knowing this is a 3” lift over stock instead of the 2” they claim makes the DLF make more sense now too

That said, the front geometry is good enough without im not convinced ill flip it. Its one finger stable at 70. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The instructions where also AWEFUL! but if you are mechanically inclined you can piece them together. I didnt want to drop another grand on rims and i am in Montana so not a ton of rim shops up here. So i will just order some in and get rid of the spacers before i do anything crazy.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
The instructions where also AWEFUL! but if you are mechanically inclined you can piece them together. I didnt want to drop another grand on rims and i am in Montana so not a ton of rim shops up here. So i will just order some in and get rid of the spacers before i do anything crazy.
Dude. The instructions were one step better than “open box. Remove parts. Install lift.”
You could also delete the track bar bracket up front, get An adjustable track bar, and have standard orientation to the drag link if you choose. Cheaper than wheels.

I was originally bummed i couldnt flip because of roll center, but the rear bracket seems to have corrected it enough. Theres so much going on where a relocation bracket has to go up front im finding most brackets interfere with other things im doing in the space, like sway disconnects etc.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Shortened and rethreaded the metal cloak links

247F51A7-F717-4AE3-AA52-141172951492.jpeg

MTSemperGladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto Sales
Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV 5117204A-05B8-4C3D-ABE3-60C4A611AE29

This is with the 2in lift from FabTech. Rubicon steel bumper, hinge covers, Black Method Rims (5) of them, 35” tires.
Now I might have to get the 37”s soon. I am over dumping money in this thing lol.
Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV DCBB331D-F04F-48D1-9EA1-13C9A50B2C00

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV DCBB331D-F04F-48D1-9EA1-13C9A50B2C00

This is with the 2in lift from FabTech. Rubicon steel bumper, hinge covers, Black Method Rims (5) of them, 35” tires.
Now I might have to get the 37”s soon. I am over dumping money in this thing lol.
Nice man!

Im pretty sure this lift was 3”
Sponsored