First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
My only regret with my Gladiator is not going for the 4 aux switch option. Ok maybe another regret is not going steel bumpers too.

I'm really not skilled when it comes to working on technical things. I can however follow instructions and keen to learn.

I'm looking at adding cowl lights as my area is extremely dark at the best of times. Even darker now and a million suicidal deer seem to step out every 200 yards.

Give me your shopping list of things to buy: Mounts, wiring harness, switch (ill have to cut a hole in the dash somewhere to mount)and lights. I know the drawbacks to mounting on the cowl. But my ideal scenario of mounting an led bar to the bumper doesn't seem possible being plastic.
Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Most, if not all, brands with a reputation will include everything you need in the kit to wire and mount a switch in the cab, that includes relays, terminals to wire to the battery/similar, and a switch. Someone here will also likely chime in, a good avenue is a sPod or similar. An aftermarket aux alternative with cab mounting options and engine bay bus bar/junction box style features.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Diode Dynamics makes a couple options for plastic bumpers, with either the SS5 or SS30.
Baja Design has mounts for the LP series.

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 15 JK 2DR, 22 JT, 19 GTR and a Wagoneer
Occupation
Nerd
I did the OEM aux switch kit in about an hour and half. Really easy to do. You do not need to pull the fender trim, punching a hanger through the grommet is cake and the wiring is super easy. Don't be afraid to go that route...

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There is a Mopar light mount set that attaches to the frame between the bumper and grill. I used that to mount a round tube just above the plastic bumper, and mounted lights to the tube. VoSwitch has a few options that are substitutes for the Aux Switches.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
i'll be upgrading my lights soon too and I like the KC Flex Era 3 combo beam for the ditch lights and the Flex Era 4 combo beam for the bumper lights.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
If I didn't have the AUX switches I'd go with one of the VOswitch options (and you get custom labels which is one thing i WISH we could do on the MOPAR ones)

https://www.voswitch.com/Jeep-JL-and-Gladiator-Switch-Control-System-c41036.html

For lighting, I (think) am going with a pair of SS5's from Diode Dynamics mounted on my winch hoop with the driving or combo configuration.

I've also been eyeing their drop-in fog light replacements in amber

I am more worried about fog/snow than deer most of the time... although I prob just jinxed myself

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
I did the OEM aux switch kit in about an hour and half. Really easy to do. You do not need to pull the fender trim, punching a hanger through the grommet is cake and the wiring is super easy. Don't be afraid to go that route...
I second this. I *haven't* yet, but this is for sure the route I'm going.

Although it will be hard to part with all that extra storage space in the tiny little cubby hole that's there now.

Sponsored

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
My recommendation, buy the Voswitch JL400 for $200 bucks and get a nice factory looking switch in a better location than the Mopar switch. I love mine, have it wired for my back up lights and air compressor, suits my needs perfectly, going for the Quadratec stealth bar and maybe Rock/Engine bay lights next.

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List IMG_5231.JPG

Voswitch factory location.

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List IMG_5233.JPG

My relocation to make room for my snorkel kit.

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List IMG_5643.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List IMG_5647.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List IMG_5648.JPG

If you like the factory location better, Voswitch makes a version that has 6 OR 12 switches available.

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List 1667955443755

Jeep Gladiator Lighting Shopping List 1667955526746

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I have the VOSwitch JL300 and am happy with the set up. I have one switch activating the solenoid to energize the winch and another is used for a set of Baja Designs LP4’s on the bumper.
@DCPHOENIX the wiring is pretty easy to install the VOSwitch (and similar) stuff and there are numerous threads on here including YT videos to help. Do that part once and every accessory after that is significantly easier to install and you get the benefit of factory looking switches in several choices of locations with no holes or random mismatched looking switches all over the place.

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
I also like the Voswitch JL 400, even though I have the factory aux switches. I like that it is higher up. I also have the plastic bumper n planning on running the Quadratec light mounts that are similar to the Mopar ones. No drilling, you just have to remove the grill.
Sponsored