First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I live in Maryland and my need for extra lights is basically non-existent. The LEDs are great and give me more than enough view of the road. That said, I'm a hunter. I mostly hunt in PA and we like to go spotting at night. I'd like to have some type of setup with the lights facing (or able to be turned) the side of the road so that I can see the deer as I drive around. Mostly, this will just help me stay warmer because then we don't have to stick a spotlight out the window. Thoughts on my idea? I have the Aux switch package, so it shouldn't be all that difficult to wire them up.

Suggestions for lights would be helpful as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Why spotlight? A true Hunter doesn't take the easy way out.
I'm not shooting them at night. I also didn't say that I was. Thank you for not being remotely helpful.

pretty sure deer spotlighting is illegal in most states
Perfectly legal in PA. Obviously you can't hunt them at night and I didn't suggest any such thing.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I'm not shooting them at night. I also didn't say that I was. Thank you for not being remotely helpful.

Perfectly legal in PA. Obviously you can't hunt them at night and I didn't suggest any such thing.
My bad it must just be your wording then but when most people say spotlighting and say there hunting it only brings up the thought of killing a deer at night. That's why I said what I said. Don't see too many people just going around at night with a spotlight just to look at deer.. but if that's your thing then cool.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
My bad it must just be your wording then but when most people say spotlighting and say there hunting it only brings up the thought of killing a deer at night. That's why I said what I said. Don't see too many people just going around at night with a spotlight just to look at deer.. but if that's your thing then cool.
We like to see where they're hanging out and see some bucks. We usually don't see them when we're hunting. :CWL: We have 500 acres to drive around to see what's hanging around the property.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
pretty sure deer spotlighting is illegal in most states
Hunting feral pigs at night is encouraged tho ;-)

OP what you are looking for is an a-pillar-mounted spotlight like the police use, right? Look for Unity brand.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
We like to see where they're hanging out and see some bucks. We usually don't see them when we're hunting. :CWL:
I know how you feel. Either that or the annoying squirrels that run them off before you get a chance to see them. Or worse a damn coon dog that's escaped and is chasing them away

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Hunting feral pigs at night is encouraged tho ;-)

OP what you are looking for is an a-pillar-mounted spotlight like the police use, right? Look for Unity brand.
Thanks. Getting the name of the type of light is half the battle.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
No dude - obviously I took it the same way..... all good though :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
No dude - obviously I took it the same way..... all good though :like:
Isn't what you're both referencing called jack lighting? Maybe this is region specific. Spot lighting is a big thing in PA.

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Isn't what you're both referencing called jack lighting? Maybe this is region specific. Spot lighting is a big thing in PA.
Now that the Spotlighting thing is out the the way , we return to the regular program.... I think what you're looking for can best be found under Marine lighting... there are roof (Bow) mount type lights that swivel 360, some are magnetic and some are remote operated ... they tend to be a bit pricy.... been looking into the same..... Haven't yet seen an A pillar mount that swivels from an inside control....

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
In Alabama, depending on the game warden sweeping a light across a area is spot lighting, they take everything. I mean everything,

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Now that the Spotlighting thing is out the the way , we return to the regular program.... I think what you're looking for can best be found under Marine lighting... there are roof (Bow) mount type lights that swivel 360, some are magnetic and some are remote operated ... they tend to be a bit pricy.... been looking into the same..... Haven't yet seen an A pillar mount that swivels from an inside control....
Holy expensive...but this thing has amazing reviews. https://amzn.to/2KvlXnU

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Roof mounted, remote control like this?
71R2DsvaNnL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/morovan-Wire...t=&hvlocphy=9011977&hvtargid=pla-727564284694

Price: $125.00 & FREE Shipping

or
Commercial Grade:
Golight 7900 Radioray Searchlight Programmable Wireless Remote
14481.jpg

https://www.uniquetruck.com/product...VrMVz4Xd0idZLp5cz2UnrxgW6V-bpN9BoCMuAQAvD_BwE

Price: $249.00
Ships Direct From Manufacturer
This Item Ships Free

BE FOREWARNED: You seem confidant, but I agree with the others.
Shining Deer in most places is not just illegal, and a fast way to get your chit confiscated,
PLUS If get the wrong Sportsman seeing it, they'll hunt you.
Sponsored