First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I ordered my JT without the factory bed liner sprayed in based on a few threads that I read that indicated that Line-X was thicker and the fact they have a lifetime warranty. Since then I started doing so research and Rhino & Bullet popped up. I started to form an opinion on which is best, but wanted to throw the topic out to the group to get real world data. Let me know your experience (durability, install quality, etc.) to help me decide. Thanks!
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Lots more Rhino dealers, but Line-X is generally regarded as being a better (if more expensive) product. Good luck finding a Bullet Liner dealer. I emailed a couple and got zero response. IRL, it will almost certainly come down to Rhino vs. Line-X. Lots of info about them both on the various truck forums.

FXB101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Camaro Z28, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator Sport S Max Tow
I asked my dealer to arrange for a Line X install before I picked up the truck. However, they let me know they had recently switched to Bullet so I gave the nod for that. I’m no expert on these things, but I am extremely happy with it.

There is some info online hinting that the initial creator of Line X recently sold his share, refined the process, and then started Bullet. My dealership said the same thing, but they may have been reading the same things I did and repeating it to me. I’d agree, however, that you won’t find nearly the installers for Bullet as you would Line X since it’s fairly new. Both are better options than factory.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Cmon, the only reason this is a discussion is for those if you who didn’t or couldn’t order the factory bedliner which is, by far best in terms of convenience, cost and ease of installation

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did bullet liner. Didn't have it factory installed because I bought off the lot and it had everything I wanted (and didn't want) with the exception of the liner. I've got Rhino, Line-x, and bullet liner installers near me. Bullet was cheaper than Line X. Didn't inquire about Rhino.

Check it this video. Full disclosure, its more of an advertisement than a review. But the things they do are funny. Bullet was cheaper than Line X. But video explains why.

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about the factory liner. Read about line-x being a much longer warranty. Also read a really good comment, "Don't get it from the factory, scrape up your bed yourself, THEN get it done."

The joy of dollar cost averaging and the time value of money.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I thought about the factory liner. Read about line-x being a much longer warranty. Also read a really good comment, "Don't get it from the factory, scrape up your bed yourself, THEN get it done."

The joy of dollar cost averaging and the time value of money.
I'd be surprised if most Line-X shops will accept a self-scraped bed for spraying. They're responsible for honoring the warranty, so they're probably going to want to do it "their way" before spraying.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be surprised if most Line-X shops will accept a self-scraped bed for spraying. They're responsible for honoring the warranty, so they're probably going to want to do it "their way" before spraying.
The point was that they are going to scrape up the bed anyway. Might as well take advantage of that fact by not worrying if you scrape it up. When it gets annoying, THEN get Line-X done. That way you spread out the costs of your investments in the truck.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'll be the one odd man out with an "other" vote. I'm going with bedrug impact. Little cushion for the dogs and me under the canopy is nice.

Sponsored

Moparbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator 18 compass 16 Challenger shaker
There is a recall that just came out some JT`a got out of the factory without the spray in liner we are to find a line x dealer to have them sprayed in so I am going to assume that is who does them from the factory

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
There is a recall that just came out some JT`a got out of the factory without the spray in liner we are to find a line x dealer to have them sprayed in so I am going to assume that is who does them from the factory
OEM spray in liner is not a a Line-X product. A contracted third party is doing the OEM spray in liners and they use an adhesion promoter that their spray liner is applied over. Most if not all the aftermarket spray in liner companies like Line-X and Rhino Liner apply their production over a sand and scuff surface that has more durability than the OEM spray in liner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRI-JAB

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread