Linkswell T Style

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Anyone get the Linkswell T Style radio? I’m having issues getting the factory backup camera to work.
Sponsored

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I personally do not have one, BUT seems new units like this are giving current options a run for their money. Especially at that price point! $1600+ for a radio unit is absolutely ridiculous to me. For that price, it better drive my jeep for me :swear:

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
I personally do not have one, BUT seems new units like this are giving current options a run for their money. Especially at that price point! $1600+ for a radio unit is absolutely ridiculous to me. For that price, it better drive my jeep for me :swear:
I have got the backup camera fixed. Called their tech support which helped me fix it quickly was Installer error.

So far I'm loving the unit
Anybody considering one I can try to give so insight

On start up it takes 28 sec to full boot. It uses an App call phonelink for Car-Play and Android Auto. Car-Play takes about 14 seconds to connect with Android Auto being little quicker. I'm using radio tethered to an Android phone with Apps downloaded directly to radio. I will say I do not recommended getting the Igo Map upgrade they offer for $100. I did and it's not worth it. Using Waze unless I have no cell reception, I use Google maps in offline mode. Takes a minute to get use to it and learn to navigate the menus.

I tried connecting to a BT OBD2 adapter but it only sypport one way BT connections. So I have oreder a WIFI and a USB OBD to see if I can get it to work that way. Hopefully things like Torque or Jscan will work.
All the Factory USB plugs work for USB drives or charging but not Car-Play or Android Auto. I does have a port for that the website suggest running to glove box. I ordered a usb plug to replace the 12 volt socket on dash the works and doesn't look out of place
I did order the DVR camera they offered. It is a usb camera that is controlled by radio it also adds the ADAS alerts (lane departure warnings, collision warnings, stop and go traffic ) this is easly turned off.

All the wires that came with it looked intimidating at 1st and no install manuel but all plug and play. Comes with an external mic, GPS antenna and a wifi antenna.

Now I got to find options for speakers

Rawgarage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Just called my local authorized dealer today and they talked me out of it...

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have got the backup camera fixed. Called their tech support which helped me fix it quickly was Installer error.

So far I'm loving the unit
Anybody considering one I can try to give so insight

On start up it takes 28 sec to full boot. It uses an App call phonelink for Car-Play and Android Auto. Car-Play takes about 14 seconds to connect with Android Auto being little quicker. I'm using radio tethered to an Android phone with Apps downloaded directly to radio. I will say I do not recommended getting the Igo Map upgrade they offer for $100. I did and it's not worth it. Using Waze unless I have no cell reception, I use Google maps in offline mode. Takes a minute to get use to it and learn to navigate the menus.

I tried connecting to a BT OBD2 adapter but it only sypport one way BT connections. So I have oreder a WIFI and a USB OBD to see if I can get it to work that way. Hopefully things like Torque or Jscan will work.
All the Factory USB plugs work for USB drives or charging but not Car-Play or Android Auto. I does have a port for that the website suggest running to glove box. I ordered a usb plug to replace the 12 volt socket on dash the works and doesn't look out of place
I did order the DVR camera they offered. It is a usb camera that is controlled by radio it also adds the ADAS alerts (lane departure warnings, collision warnings, stop and go traffic ) this is easly turned off.

All the wires that came with it looked intimidating at 1st and no install manuel but all plug and play. Comes with an external mic, GPS antenna and a wifi antenna.

Now I got to find options for speakers
Can you post some pics please? I was unaware of this option and am very interested. It sounds a lot like the OS of the Seicane units that were popular in JK's.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Thanks man, I Googled the company and found those...not too many actual pics of them in people's cars popped up though - I was looking for a real world pic
As you can see i the one Pic it does not line up the best with passenger grab handle. It is taking some time to get use to it. There is alot i like about it but some things i dont most minor but still bugs me. Like if you hit the power button to turn A/C off you cant hit it to turn it on, the bar at top of screen you hit to go into EQ settings looks like cell signal bars, a few other things that could be fixed with a software uodate. Only things that could from an update is the fit around the grab handle and i think the lights around the too knobs a little bright. Wife doesnt think so but i do. I would love to find someone with the Stinger Hieghten to compare. Got a felling that is they way i would have went if was able to demo 1st. But i do like the radio

20210402_125929.jpg

20210402_125921.jpg

20210402_125915.jpg

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
As you can see i the one Pic it does not line up the best with passenger grab handle. It is taking some time to get use to it. There is alot i like about it but some things i dont most minor but still bugs me. Like if you hit the power button to turn A/C off you cant hit it to turn it on, the bar at top of screen you hit to go into EQ settings looks like cell signal bars, a few other things that could be fixed with a software uodate. Only things that could from an update is the fit around the grab handle and i think the lights around the too knobs a little bright. Wife doesnt think so but i do. I would love to find someone with the Stinger Hieghten to compare. Got a felling that is they way i would have went if was able to demo 1st. But i do like the radio

Jeep Gladiator Linkswell T Style 20210402_125915

Thanks for the pics!! I love the look of this thing! The Seicane unit I had in my JK had the same type of fitment issues where it didn't flush up on the passenger side. I can live with that just for the overall look - the screen is huge but I think overall it looks more OEM than the stinger & insane audio units. This is probably gonna be my next upgrade. I hope I can sell my 7" to offset some of the cost. Thanks again for the pics.

Rawgarage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I’ll buy your 7”

Thanks for the pics!! I love the look of this thing! The Seicane unit I had in my JK had the same type of fitment issues where it didn't flush up on the passenger side. I can live with that just for the overall look - the screen is huge but I think overall it looks more OEM than the stinger & insane audio units. This is probably gonna be my next upgrade. I hope I can sell my 7" to offset some of the cost. Thanks again for the pics.

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
That’s even uglier than the Stinger Heigh10.
To each his own, I guess.

Kevin
Guess so. Cause to me it doesnt look out of place. Like it could have been an option
Sponsored