Sponsored

Little bit of an odd question.

Azzurri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MB C63S Coupe, 2019 Ram Rebel
Does anyone know if a Pallet ( like ones that hold block and brick, or cement bags) fit in the bed?

I know the pallet dimension in 48x40 and the Gladiator opening is 4 feet and depth is 5feet, but do the wheel wells get in the way? Is it wide enough to fit one?

I have a GMC canyon Denali and a pallet won't fit because the bed isn't wide enough for the pallet.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Does anyone know if a Pallet ( like ones that hold block and brick, or cement bags) fit in the bed?

I know the pallet dimension in 48x40 and the Gladiator opening is 4 feet and depth is 5feet, but do the wheel wells get in the way? Is it wide enough to fit one?

I have a GMC canyon Denali and a pallet won't fit because the bed isn't wide enough for the pallet.

Thanks!
Yes the wheel wells will get in the way. You will have to do this if you want the pallet to lay flat in the bed:

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
That’s for 4-foot wide plywood type load. The pallet is 40 inches by 48 inches (4-feet), and the width between the wheel wells in the bed is 44.8 inches, so a 40-inch wide load will fit just fine. ;)
Cheers

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Yes the wheel wells will get in the way. You will have to do this if you want the pallet to lay flat in the bed:
A pallet should fit without the tailgate needing to be lowered to the half position right? If it does need lowering, that position can only bear 500lbs so some guesswork will be needed what weight the part of the pallet sitting on the tailgate puts on

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The bed is 5-feet, or 60-inches long, so a pallet or its load will not be on the tailgate if it is lifted into the bed. BTW, from what I understand, the tailgate will hold 1500 lbs, you can drive an ATV across it!
Cheers

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The bed is 5-feet, or 60-inches long, so a pallet or its load will not be on the tailgate if it is lifted into the bed. BTW, from what I understand, the tailgate will hold 1500 lbs, you can drive an ATV across it!
Cheers
You both may be right. I do recall reading in the owner's manual that with the tailgate in the halfway down position, max load is 500 lbs. This is surely due to the plastic bumpers that the cables are routed around.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
You both may be right. I do recall reading in the owner's manual that with the tailgate in the halfway down position, max load is 500 lbs. This is surely due to the plastic bumpers that the cables are routed around.
Yep. In the manual and confirmed by Jeep tech support
Sponsored