First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
There are a few people who do on here. They have historically made excellent ECU files.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I have had livernois tunes for other vehicles - superb! Looking forward to hearing about their Gladiator efforts

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Ive done a very little bit of research and it looked to me like you needed something plugged into the obdII port and had a second rando touch screen to control the tune...seemed like a lot of extra crap to me.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I have their tuner & tune (87, 91, 93 - and I can get a full Flex Fuel if I wanted, but since my base tunes are FFV enabled that's enough for me. I don't run E85 daily). Their service was awesome and even though there were a couple issues with my install they paid the shipping both ways (overnight at that) to get me up and running (I purchased a second ECU so I can always return to stock if I trade it in or sell it - Dealer has codes that come up when an ECU is changed so it's not worth lying to a dealer as they'll know you've messed with things).
The power increase is noticeable and makes me feel a lot better merging onto the highway. MPG I don't know if there's a big change yet due to winter fuel and I preheat my truck a bit in the mornings. I would recommend their service without question if one is interested in it.

Sponsored

87944turbo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
I have their tuner & tune (87, 91, 93 - and I can get a full Flex Fuel if I wanted, but since my base tunes are FFV enabled that's enough for me. I don't run E85 daily). Their service was awesome and even though there were a couple issues with my install they paid the shipping both ways (overnight at that) to get me up and running (I purchased a second ECU so I can always return to stock if I trade it in or sell it - Dealer has codes that come up when an ECU is changed so it's not worth lying to a dealer as they'll know you've messed with things).
The power increase is noticeable and makes me feel a lot better merging onto the highway. MPG I don't know if there's a big change yet due to winter fuel and I preheat my truck a bit in the mornings. I would recommend their service without question if one is interested in it.
Where did you purchase your second ECU? Seems like a good option depending on cost. I would guess switching them out is similar to most other vehicles?

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I purchased the ECU as part of my transaction with Livernois. They need to unlock it and program it to my VIN. If you check out the Wrangler forums there are a couple threads with more information on it and several folks experiences with it.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the ECU as part of my transaction with Livernois. They need to unlock it and program it to my VIN. If you check out the Wrangler forums there are a couple threads with more information on it and several folks experiences with it.
Where do you keep your tuner? Does it need to stay attached at all times or just when you want to update what tune you want to use? I’d like to keep it disconnected or at least tucked away as I can’t see swapping between tunes that often.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I keep it on a shelf at home. It literally programs the ecm. It’s not a piggyback unit. I also don’t swap tunes. I keep mine in the 91 as it’s smooth as silk to drive.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I keep it on a shelf at home. It literally programs the ecm. It’s not a piggyback unit. I also don’t swap tunes. I keep mine in the 91 as it’s smooth as silk to drive.
I was surprised at just how much better this engine runs on 91 octane stock. That’s what got me interested in this tune. I’ve never had a vehicle that has had such a drastic difference from one octane to another.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I was surprised at just how much better this engine runs on 91 octane stock. That’s what got me interested in this tune. I’ve never had a vehicle that has had such a drastic difference from one octane to another.
The compression is over 11:1. It thrives on 91+ Our stock tune is also absurdly lean.

Last edited:

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
The compression is over 11:1. It thrives on 91+ Our stock tune is also absurdly lean.
I’ve been following your other thread. I like the way the Livernois tune gets rid of the dead spot around 4K RPM, but hesitant to unlock the ECM. I’m sure it’s a safe tune, just lord forbid something did happen. I dealt with that tuning my EcoDiesel WK2. Even going in for TSB updates were a hassle.

Last edited:

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
if you reset the factory tune before taking the vehicle in for warranty work, can the dealer tell you changed the ECM. Concerned about voiding the warranty

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Those that have it, was it a bit of a headache going through the process? I'm experiencing a completely unnecessary amount of back and forth with them to get anything done. There doesn't appear to be any documentation covering the process (purchasing tuner + unlocked PCM) end to end.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
do any of you tow with your livernosis tune? i am interested in getting the 91 tune but im not sure if it would effect the engine in a bad way. I want to tow my 5000lb travel trailer with the tune but i dont know how it will hold up.
Sponsored