James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Safford Jeep in Fredericksburg Va called them to see what they charge to put in my 2.5 in RC level kit no shocks and a 1.5 in spacer in rear quoted me 800 bucks labor plus 150 for the alignment LMAO
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What did you really expect? Dealerships are not keyed in on doing other peoples aftermarket mods.

I am surprised they even entertained it.

OP
OP
Fdisker

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
What did you really expect? Dealerships are not keyed in on doing other peoples aftermarket mods.

I am surprised they even entertained it.
Yeah I just wanted a laugh i already got a Jeep shop quote me 200 bucks

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Could also have been a "go away" quote. They value their time differently for their lift and bay space and high quoting makes up for it if you were to actually say "yes" and have them do it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The place I bought mine from had one on the showroom floor with the 3.5" RC spacer lift (with the cheapest shocks offered), and they were upcharging the price of the Jeep by like $1,800.

I just laughed and kept walking.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
makes me wonder what a local shop for me would charge for a spacer lift. I have it and can do it...just feeling a little lazy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
makes me wonder what a local shop for me would charge for a spacer lift. I have it and can do it...just feeling a little lazy.
Since I don't have access to a shop with a lift anymore, I had to pay my local tire shop to put mine on (2.5" front spacers, sway bar links, bump stops, and shock brackets, and 1" rear spacers)... They only charged me $259 including a front-end alignment. So, overall, not too bad.

When my EVO Mfg. springs and track-bar and LCA's come in, I'll be using my buddy's covered concrete carport (where I installed the winch & bumper) because he has jack stands and a jack. Then once I've gotten it all aligned and squared-up, I'll drive it to the tire shop and have them do a front-end alignment again since I will be correcting the steering geometry with the new adjustable LCA's.

OP
OP
Fdisker

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Was under my Gladiator today and actually the lift does not look too difficult to do my self I got most of the tools

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
4WP wanted $500 to put on a spacer kit and wheel spacers ($450 worth of parts) while installing my new tires

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Was under my Gladiator today and actually the lift does not look too difficult to do my self I got most of the tools
Pair of jack stands and two floor jacks and it is a breeze for doing it in a driveway. Can get away with one floor jack in the center if you have a second set of hands steadying the axle when you lower/raise it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fdisker

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Pair of jack stands and two floor jacks and it is a breeze for doing it in a driveway. Can get away with one floor jack in the center if you have a second set of hands steadying the axle when you lower/raise it.
planned on using the scissor jack to support that, that way I can lower it slowly but yea it looks doable.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Sounds like I got taken for a bit of a ride but in all honesty, I’m happy.
For those who can do it, I understand it sounding silly but I have no garage. I do have a carport in sunny so Cal that my hubby and son converted to a home gym, so no room, no space, no lift capability unless it’s kettlebells and bars with plates you want to lift. I have no mechanic tools nor expertise so I paid approximately $2000 for the install and 2” Mopar lift (with the fox shocks) on a vehicle that I got for such a great price, no one believes it...even WITH the inflated cost of the lift. Maybe some day down the road I’ll have the will and the way to build my own, until then I’ll be doing everything I can on my own, from my little plastidip project today to my upcoming grill transformation and the top cart I plan to build....Oh and I do want to try to install skid plates...that looked doable without a lift...wish me luck. Thank you all for the inspiration! Btw I’m still earning cool mom points even if I’m still mechanically deficient!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It's certainly understandable to just want something done easily. When my first JK was totalled, I paid the dealer the ridiculous price of $800 for moving my lift over to the new one. But I was doing a lot of business travel then, and couldn't really deal with taking it to an off-road shop and the timing was bad.

But for your next time, just remember that there are good off-road shops all over Socal. And I know one who will come to you, get it, do the work, and bring it back.

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I work a lot of hours and continuously field calls from my subordinates during my down time, but I'd still rather take the time to ensure that my parts are installed correctly. I have a hard time trusting that anyone will take the same amount of time and care that I do when installing something my life and my children's lives depend upon. Heck, installing the spacer lift on the front and rear of my Gladiator wasn't even that time consuming and I enjoyed the process over all.

All that being said, I've installed the lift on every truck I've ever owned, so I knew what to expect and I have a garage full of tools. I do understand just not wanting to do something though. I have the same issue when it comes to any plumbing work beyond unclogging a toilet.
Sponsored