First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Today is the second time my rear locker light started randomly flashing. It happened a month or so ago but when I restarted the engine it went away. I was driving on asphalt and didn’t hit any buttons. Light on dash flashes and light on lower switch panel flashes. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Rear locker sensor failure, search threads but I had it on my Mojave at about 90 miles, will become more often then eventually the jeep will disable rear locker and give a service light, before the fix from Jeep was to replace the whole rear axle assembly. The sensors are avalible now or....do what I did get a tazer sensor bypass, install it and move on, mine works fine, I might fix it someday, but all my dash lights work locker locks, but the sensor which is disconnected does not confirm it, but you can tell by seat of pants. There are some long threads about it, basically fine metal particles get into magnet of sensor. some had multiple failures.....Jack

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Rear locker sensor failure, search threads but I had it on my Mojave at about 90 miles, will become more often then eventually the jeep will disable rear locker and give a service light, before the fix from Jeep was to replace the whole rear axle assembly. The sensors are avalible now or....do what I did get a tazer sensor bypass, install it and move on, mine works fine, I might fix it someday, but all my dash lights work locker locks, but the sensor which is disconnected does not confirm it, but you can tell by seat of pants. There are some long threads about it, basically fine metal particles get into magnet of sensor. some had multiple failures.....Jack
They have just the sensor available now, without replacing the whole thing.

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
Mine did this one Monday. I took it to the dealer and it magically was fixed. They said they didn't do anything; however, the plug and harness on the rear end had obviously been unplugged and cleaned and the plugged back in since they were perfectly clean and everything else wad dusty.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Thanks for the info. I searched for a while, but struck out. Found some info now. Lucky me. 😕

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
Mine did this one Monday. I took it to the dealer and it magically was fixed. They said they didn't do anything; however, the plug and harness on the rear end had obviously been unplugged and cleaned and the plugged back in since they were perfectly clean and everything else wad dusty.
After the dealer "fixed it" the light started flashing again on Saturday. I think the dealer just reset my computer somehow if that is possible. The electronic settings in my Jeep were all reset and the "Offroad Pages" option wasn't even there until if magically reappeared after driving for 10-15 minutes.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Added the bypass harness this morning. The plug was filthy. I cleaned it up, added some dielectric grease and put it together. Added a zip tie so it doesn’t flop around. Locker light is NOT flashing anymore. For now LOL
Jeep Gladiator Locker light flashing 501C49B8-57C8-421A-88EB-8DD1B8C3C1E8

Jeep Gladiator Locker light flashing 0356C446-7274-4080-B428-08640E0EFD8D

Jeep Gladiator Locker light flashing 572FA4A7-35CE-48B8-B389-922ADE76C25D

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mine has been that way since about 95 miles, or been on for over 15,000. Check your rear locker, all the lights on dash should light up and also check if you can lock it in 4 High…..Jack

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I’ve had my bypass plug in for about a year now. Last weekend the light started blinking again. Went under the truck to take a look and found the red positive wire from the bypass was worn and broke in two. I had to solder the wired back together. I like the bybass, but the whole harness hangs from the two tiny positive and negative wires. It really needs a sleeve over the two bedroom it’s going to the plug. I taped them up and tried to secure the assembly better, so it doesn’t vibrate and wear out the wires again.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
All systems go
Jeep Gladiator Locker light flashing 715469C0-E090-40CF-A703-55E17EA19ACF

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Now I’m wondering if it’s leaking around the sensor or through the sensor. I’ll keep an eye on it.
Sponsored