First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I will be installing a pair of Rubicon axles I purchased in my Sport S soon and would like to use the factory locker switch, P/N 68359089AA. There are only three wires coming out of this switch. Does anyone know what the connection is for these wires or have a schematic for this switch? I'm a little confused because there is a Front, Front+Rear, Off Road +, and Sway Bar option and that seems like a lot to run off three wires. Thanks!
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Now that I'm done eating lunch.

Three wires should be +, - and trigger. Since the JL & JT are much more "digital" the trigger likley PWM's to a solid state relay that activates the various bits.

For you, it's much more analog with the aforementioned harness. 12v in, 12v out and a ground.

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks ACAD_Cowboy, I am ordering those for the locker end. My question is on the switch itself, there are only three wires that come out of the back of the switch, a black with a gray stripe, an orange, and a red with a purple stripe. How do the wires connect to this switch to control all the functions that this switch performs? I purchased a used switch panel that included this and, although the harness has been cut, there are only three pins and wires. I have attached photos below.
Jeep Gladiator Locker Switch - P/N 68359089AA IMG_6182
Jeep Gladiator Locker Switch - P/N 68359089AA IMG_6183
Jeep Gladiator Locker Switch - P/N 68359089AA IMG_6184

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Now that I'm done eating lunch.

Three wires should be +, - and trigger. Since the JL & JT are much more "digital" the trigger likley PWM's to a solid state relay that activates the various bits.

For you, it's much more analog with the aforementioned harness. 12v in, 12v out and a ground.
Got it, looks like I was creating my post while you responded.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Whew! Makes me appreciate getting this installed from the factory. I am far too inexperienced in this space!

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whew! Makes me appreciate getting this installed from the factory. I am far too inexperienced in this space!
Yeah, I had a 2014 Rubicon X Unlimited that had everything from the factory, and my wife's 2018 JLU Rubicon has, but I bought a Gladiator as a Max Tow that I was going to install ARB lockers in. Then I found a good deal on a pair of Rubicon axles and here I am, trying to retrofit the switch. I have another switch I can install that will control six items and I can do the lockers with that if all else fails. It too has a clean look to it, and it can control as momentary, pulse or on/off like the factory Aux switches.
Jeep Gladiator Locker Switch - P/N 68359089AA b3f41bca901e5cc3
Jeep Gladiator Locker Switch - P/N 68359089AA 29f0a4dfb345ca70

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I will be installing a pair of Rubicon axles I purchased in my Sport S soon and would like to use the factory locker switch, P/N 68359089AA. There are only three wires coming out of this switch. Does anyone know what the connection is for these wires or have a schematic for this switch? I'm a little confused because there is a Front, Front+Rear, Off Road +, and Sway Bar option and that seems like a lot to run off three wires. Thanks!
No help in your actual issue... Bud damnit why cant I find Rubi axle take off's...

I have been keeping an eye out for them, but havent seen a single set for sale that wasnt across the country. If I find a pair before I go with ARB's then I will use the S-Tech switch's.. Probably go with the bank of 8 & drop my factory aux switch's. Seems much easier then OEM switch's & I dont really want that one piece of funky red in the cab.

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does anyone know whether the locker harness that the locker switch plugs into would be on the wiring harness for a Sport S Max Tow? I know it is only needed on a Rubicon, but I didn't know whether they installed different wiring harnesses in different models. The factory switch is a "smart switch" with only three small wires coming out that need to connect to the main harness.

Thanks!

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’m curious, what constitutes a good deal for rubi axles? There’s about a $5000 difference from the factory so I’d imagine you want to beat that. Also is there any market to sell the sport axles being replaced?

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious, what constitutes a good deal for rubi axles? There’s about a $5000 difference from the factory so I’d imagine you want to beat that. Also is there any market to sell the sport axles being replaced?
I’ve seen several sets of Rubi axles sold. Typical price is 4500. And if I could of gotten a Rubi for 5k more then my sport s max tow I would have. When I bought it was a 16k difference to the cheapest Rubi around.

The sport axles will sell, but much much less. Probably 1500 for regular sport/overland and just a little more for max tow. They are still upgrades over the stock axles of anything that came before being Dana 44’s front and rear.

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know whether the locker harness that the locker switch plugs into would be on the wiring harness for a Sport S Max Tow? I know it is only needed on a Rubicon, but I didn't know whether they installed different wiring harnesses in different models. The factory switch is a "smart switch" with only three small wires coming out that need to connect to the main harness.

Thanks!
A Jeep's wiring harness is customized to the vehicle's specific combination of options to save cost and weight. In the electronics world connectors are particularly expensive. Most likely the locker switch connector isn't on the Sport S harness. We know the inverter wiring is missing when the inverter option isn't ordered.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM