Sponsored

LOL - Every 2021 Ford Bronco With a Hardtop Needs a New One

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Good for Ford to step up and take care of all of them and not just let the warranty claims come in.
I guess? But it's also to their benefit to not have the warranty claims include water damage and/or rusting and interior electrical issues from excess moisture.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I guess? But it's also to their benefit to not have the warranty claims include water damage and/or rusting and interior electrical issues from excess moisture.
Based on what Ford said the problem is, those issues wouldn't have arose.

Ford itself says these Webasto-supplied tops suffer from quality issues that create an “unsatisfactory appearance when exposed to extreme water and humidity.” Ford insists that this defect “does not impact the functionality of the molded in color hardtop roof,” but they’ll all have to be replaced either way.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Based on what Ford said the problem is, those issues wouldn't have arose.
It isn't just appearance there's also reports of poor fitment and rattles, TFL's rattled on them in addition to the finish issues. They would almost surely start seeing water encroachment issues if they allowed it to go.

Spitballing on this one, but hearing of issues with finish and rattles, makes me think the roofs were expanding/contracting more than planned.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
It isn't just appearance there's also reports of poor fitment and rattles, TFL's rattled on them in addition to the finish issues. They would almost surely start seeing water encroachment issues if they allowed it to go.

Spitballing on this one, but hearing of issues with finish and rattles, makes me think the roofs were expanding/contracting more than planned.
Ahh, I haven't heard those yet and Ford didn't admit it. :giggle:

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Can't really say that's any different than all of the Gladiators with leaking rear windows... Of which mine is one.

Ford did admit the design was flawed from get go. I think the sad thing is they had to have known this was a problem months ago. Pretty upsetting they let it go as long as they did. Oh well, I cancelled my Bronco and will wait until at least MY23 so they can hopefully get the issues worked out.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
As long as they take care of their customers, still kudos to Ford for remaking an old icon and doing it justice unlike land rover did with the defender.

These big companies are facing big challenges with suppliers. Many Americans don't want to work and costs for overseas manufactured goods are going up or getting delayed. I myself am starting to think we need to open up the border and send the freeloaders down south.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good for Ford to step up and take care of all of them and not just let the warranty claims come in.
It's a matter of scale or numbers. You can bet if the numbers were in the 10% range, there'd be no such communication from Ford.

This huge scale is Ford getting ahead of the "talk" in the rags and blogs.

Can't really say that's any different than all of the Gladiators with leaking rear windows...
Very different. The numbers of the Gladiator leaking windows is small. You see huge numbers in forums where people gather to complain and get attention. You are visiting a hospital to see how healthy humans are.
Forums aren't usually a very good indicator of the scope of issues. Tens of thousands of us have no issues with our hard tops or windows.
Ford's problem is very different. It's massive and they are getting ahead of it.
Gladiator leaking windows are apples to tomatoes.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I said it in another Bronco thread and I'll say it here.....this is what happens when you rush a product to market before it's ready.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I said it in another Bronco thread and I'll say it here.....this is what happens when you rush a product to market before it's ready.
Good thing you never see that in the software or IT area, eh?