Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
I've narrowed my time frame of getting my gladiator around April (order around feb). I have family in Kentucky and we would like to rent a cabin in the smoky mountains in Tennessee for the weekend since we will be so close. For the people who immediately went on a road trip as soon as you got your gladiator, any advice or things to bring along so its smooth sailing back to home? Ps will I fight to the death in Nashville with a manual 6speed. Tennessee folks chime in please​

Jeep Gladiator Long road trip when you buy your gladiator from dealership Screenshot_20210107-145039_Maps
Sponsored

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
If traveling by yourself, make sure insurance is in order. Debit card for gas and your normal travel stuff. If you’re with someone who is cold natured, get a blanket or heated 12v plug in blanket. I like to make sure I have my sunglasses and hat. My Glock and check local state regs where traveling to make sure no issues with concealed carry with my GA permit. Yeti soft side cooler with drinks and snacks for the road. Best ride for me is at 35 psi. Enjoy the trip!

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
And lots of cool places to eat in Chattanooga. just make sure to bring a mask. They’re sticklers for masks. Doesn’t make sense. They won’t seat you without one, but once you’re seated........

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
If traveling by yourself, make sure insurance is in order. Debit card for gas and your normal travel stuff. If you’re with someone who is cold natured, get a blanket or heated 12v plug in blanket. I like to make sure I have my sunglasses and hat. My Glock and check local state regs where traveling to make sure no issues with concealed carry with my GA permit. Yeti soft side cooler with drinks and snacks for the road. Best ride for me is at 35 psi. Enjoy the trip!
Definitely bringing the gun along as it's new territory for me and leaving in uncharted territory already has my nervs on high alert. It will be a family trip. I plan on trading my car there and leaving with my wife and two kids to Kentucky for a day or so then to gatlinburg area to a cabin for a few days then home. I've went to Panama city Beach gulf shores few other places but this will be the first go around where I'm stopping multiple locations for different days. Just want to have my ducks in a row.

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
And lots of cool places to eat in Chattanooga. just make sure to bring a mask. They’re sticklers for masks. Doesn’t make sense. They won’t seat you without one, but once you’re seated........
There the same way in alabama lol don't make sense

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Extra ammo, water, and food, extra pair of boot socks. Who knows what the next few days will bring. You just might need the extra supplies to get home.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
When we bought my wife's 06 TJ, two days later we drove from Panama City to Townsend TN. spent a week in a cabin and drove back. Great brake in of the Jeep. Manual trans is a lot of fun in the mountains. I wish we had been able to do it with my JT.

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Load up a USB stick with your favorite music (I use one of the mini ones so the media door closes) - you'll get better quality than streaming and no issues with streaming/cell reception/data usage.
Definitely bringing the gun along as it's new territory for me and leaving in uncharted territory already has my nervs on high alert.
Perhaps looking into a local dealer and staycation may be best until you are more at ease. Last thing anyone needs right now is a nervous nellie running around with a gun in an unfamiliar place.

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
  • Banned
Load up a USB stick with your favorite music (I use one of the mini ones so the media door closes) - you'll get better quality than streaming and no issues with streaming/cell reception/data usage.

Perhaps looking into a local dealer and staycation may be best until you are more at ease. Last thing anyone needs right now is a nervous nellie running around with a gun in an unfamiliar place.
Local dealers can't go 7 to 8 under invoice. And don't have to ever worry about me being antsy with a firearm, I'd only shoot if my family or anyone was in danger.

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I drove about 100 miles home from the dealer when I picked up my Gladiator. If you're the type that follows the owner's manual, you're supposed to keep it under something like 55 mph for the first 60 miles and around 55 for the first 300 miles. I probably had a lot of people pissed off at me on the way home...something to keep in mind.

Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
I drove 540 miles from Maryland back to New York when I bought mine a few weeks ago. I took smaller 55 mph roads for the first hour then interstate for the rest.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Sound like a great idea!
I made a 450 mi (900 RT) to get my JT last fall. Of course traveling in a pandemic is tricky, plenty safe if you’re thoughtful. I packed as much food as I could in a cooler, made sure the hotel had a microwave, and made few stops along the way.
Turned out to be a fun adventure with my brand new truck!
As mentioned, its a bit tricky to plan the route home, while trying to maintain a slower “ break-in” speed, but that was fun too, driving some of the old smaller highways In the northeast..
Enjoy the ride and the new truck!
Sponsored