First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just returned from a 2,280 mile trip from Maryland to Florida Keys, 2 weeks exploring then returning with great results. As photo shows averaged 30.7 mpg over the whole trip. Noted that Florida is flat and I used the stock dueler tires, I am very pleased with the results and overall experience of this truck.
Jeep Gladiator Long trip MPG on 22 eco-diesel F463E187-53BE-41E7-A0AB-CFCBEDEDD579
Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Not bad! I did a trip in my month old gas cali edition from southern cali to Portland Oregon. Definitely not flat. Kept it in the 75-80 mph range most of the way. Got around 23 mpg. Better than advertised. Unfortunately around town it seems like I get more like 16/17 mpg which is a bit below advertised so I guess it comes out in the wash. Interested in how mpg changes in the diesel vs gas w/ 3-4” lift and 37” tires. My guess is the diesel won’t take as mich of a hit relatively.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Pretty solid!

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I did 3,200 between Texas and Vegas a month ago. I averaged 20mpgs on 37s, not bad considering all of Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico isn’t particularly flat.

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
30 mpg....... makes me kinda wanna go back to stock for when im not wheeling!!!! I got 23.5 going from SF bay area to Manzanar, death valley and back. but Im still pleased.

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That sounds great on the surface, but MPG is only part of the story. When you factor in the Eco-Diesel's basically $10,000 higher price tag over a Pentastar, the significantly more expensive fuel cost, the more expensive/frequent maintenance, running a diesel is more expensive than running a gasser. Add to that the Eco-Diesel's very spotty reliability record (even more spotty than the Pentastar) then - unless you truly NEED the superior towing/hauling power that engine provides, then you're better off (financially anyway) with the Pentastar.

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
That sounds great on the surface, but MPG is only part of the story. When you factor in the Eco-Diesel's basically $10,000 higher price tag over a Pentastar, the significantly more expensive fuel cost, the more expensive/frequent maintenance, running a diesel is more expensive than running a gasser. Add to that the Eco-Diesel's very spotty reliability record (even more spotty than the Pentastar) then - unless you truly NEED the superior towing/hauling power that engine provides, then you're better off (financially anyway) with the Pentastar.
100% true but if we were looking at things from a strictly financial standpoint we wouldn't be driving Gladiators would we? For me the driving experience of the diesel is worth the cost.

Carrotzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Glad
100% true but if we were looking at things from a strictly financial standpoint we wouldn't be driving Gladiators would we? For me the driving experience of the diesel is worth the cost.
Truth. I had a 2013 VW golf TDI. Awesome fuel economy, regular 50mpg going from fl to oh. The overlords in states/fed should drop taxes on diesel. It’s just a hidden tax on the working class, everything is shipped with diesel power (ships, trains, automobiles). Isn’t jp8 unrefined gas?

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It's true that many (most?) vehicle purchases are more emotional than practical. In my case, I needed a mid-size pickup. I wanted a Jeep. The Gladiator was the answer. My comment was mainly directed at all the diesel folks who just can't wait to weigh in on any thread that mentions MPG and brag about how they get 40 MPG towing a mobile home 300 miles up a 40% grade. OK, great. My point is that while they are more capable, they are significantly more expensive to buy and to own.

Sponsored

AlpineChip

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Not nearly the same driven miles comparison but, weekend trip to the mountains (about 450 round trip) up to 8,500 feet and plenty rain, snow, ice - worked out to 26mpg. Rubicon w/37s (no lift... yet). Very happy with that result.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Not bad! I did a trip in my month old gas cali edition from southern cali to Portland Oregon. Definitely not flat. Kept it in the 75-80 mph range most of the way. Got around 23 mpg. Better than advertised. Unfortunately around town it seems like I get more like 16/17 mpg which is a bit below advertised so I guess it comes out in the wash. Interested in how mpg changes in the diesel vs gas w/ 3-4” lift and 37” tires. My guess is the diesel won’t take as mich of a hit relatively.
My 3,500 mile trip from Vegas to all over Texas and back was about 24 mpgs. I’m on 37’s and a 2.5 inch Mopar lift.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Diesel Sport S, I saw those upper 20's and low 30's while running the stock Duelers as well. Riding on 315's the mpg are in that 23 to 25 range.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Just returned from a 2,280 mile trip from Maryland to Florida Keys, 2 weeks exploring then returning with great results. ...
Nice trip! I ran 1,000 miles from NY to Vero Beach, Florida to weeks ago with a 2-inch Mopar lift and 37s. Got an average of 23, with a few peeks at 27 on the long flat stretches. Sure it ain't cheap, but it's fun to play with.

Speaking of which ... any places in the Keys you can recommend for some exploration?

WesternJeep401

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR EcoDiesel, 2020 JLUR Supercharged
Occupation
Govt
Just returned from a 2,280 mile trip from Maryland to Florida Keys, 2 weeks exploring then returning with great results. As photo shows averaged 30.7 mpg over the whole trip. Noted that Florida is flat and I used the stock dueler tires, I am very pleased with the results and overall experience of this truck.
Jeep Gladiator Long trip MPG on 22 eco-diesel F463E187-53BE-41E7-A0AB-CFCBEDEDD579
Great to see. They are impressive rigs.
Sponsored