Sponsored

Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Hi Folks,
I have a Mojave. I chose to install a Winch Plate on the factory Plastic bumper. I want to swap it with a Front Bumper because the Winch sits up too high and obscures the camera.
Here is how the winch looks on top of the bumper:
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. WinchPlate

I can relocate the controller bump elsewhere, but frankly, I'd like to have something that is more integrated.
I have not yet found exactly what I would like to have after looking at 'lots' of bumpers online.
Here are my desires for a Front Bumper:
Winch Ready
Has holes for fog lights that I can connect the factory wiring to. Though if needed I could mount them on the bumper, just not on a bull bar that blocks the camera view.
Houses the winch low, as opposed to on top of the bumper. (Like behind the Hawse Fairlead)
Is wide for protection of the tires. (as opposed to a stubby)
And if at all possible, allows me to use the two OEM red hooks from the Gladiator.

Has anyone seen such a thing?
This bumper uses the OEM red hooks, though it's a stubby and the Bull bar might be a problem).
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. Hennessey-MAXIMUS-Jeep-Gladiator-Glamis-1-min

I just can't afford that bumper. You can only get it on their Maximus Gladiator, which costs about $200,000. :)
Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Hi Folks,
I have a Mojave. I chose to install a Winch Plate on the factory Plastic bumper. I want to swap it with a Front Bumper because the Winch sits up too high and obscures the camera.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. Hennessey-MAXIMUS-Jeep-Gladiator-Glamis-1-min

I can relocate the controller bump elsewhere, but frankly, I'd like to have something that is more integrated.
I have not yet found exactly what I would like to have after looking at 'lots' of bumpers online.
Winch Ready
Has holes for fog lights that I can connect the factory wiring to. Though if needed I could mount them on the bumper, just not on a bull bar that blocks the camera view.
Houses the winch low, as opposed to on top of the bumper. (Like behind the Hawse Fairlead)
And if at all possible, allows me to use the two OEM red hooks from the Gladiator.

This bumper uses the OEM red hooks, though it's a stubby and the Bull bar might be a problem).

I just can't afford that bumper. You can only get it on their Maximus Gladiator, which costs about $200,000. :)
Check out the Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper. Lightweight, stamped steel. Comes with low-riding winch plate that really integrates the low winch unobtrusively. And its on sale at their website for $399 (well, $499, but you get a $100 pre-paid Mastercard gift card). It IS a stubby, though. But I have your same concerns and decided I'm going to buy it.

OP
OP

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Check out the Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper. Lightweight, stamped steel. Comes with low-riding winch plate that really integrates the low winch unobtrusively. And its on sale at their website for $399 (well, $499, but you get a $100 pre-paid Mastercard gift card). It IS a stubby, though. But I have your same concerns and decided I'm going to buy it.
That a nice bumper, and price. I wish it weren't a stubby. I like the protection for the wheels.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Hi Folks,
WinchPlate.jpg

Winch Ready

Hennessey-MAXIMUS-Jeep-Gladiator-Glamis-1-min.jpg

i have same dilemma as you; with the additional requirement that it be crash tested. That leaves the mopar, AEV, or ARB. ive decided on the ARB. Its high clearance, recessed winch, crash tested, priced well all in.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
That a nice bumper, and price. I wish it weren't a stubby. I like the protection for the wheels.
There's also their Rugged Ridge HD full width as well, however it does replace the red tow hooks which in the long run for recovery aren't the best since their attachment point is open in comparison to what's on most bumpers with shackle tabs.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
With that winch on top looks as if you where to use it you would be applying a cantilever force on the bumper, a bumper that is not designed for a straight force let alone levered.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
There's also their Rugged Ridge HD full width as well, however it does replace the red tow hooks which in the long run for recovery aren't the best since their attachment point is open in comparison to what's on most bumpers with shackle tabs.
I decided to go with this (Rugged Ridge HD full width ) and D Ring shackles. The hooks for quick strap pull outs, and D-Ring shackles for where those would be more prudent. I also decided to get the 'X-Striker Bar' which looked like they would provide a lot more support when it is in use. Thank-You everybody for you wisdom and teaching on just what a 'not so great idea' the winchplate above the bumper is.

Firedad415

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 06 LJ Rubicon, 14 VW TDI Wagen, 15 Tene
Occupation
Retired FIREFIGHTER
I decided to go with this (Rugged Ridge HD full width ) and D Ring shackles. The hooks for quick strap pull outs, and D-Ring shackles for where those would be more prudent. I also decided to get the 'X-Striker Bar' which looked like they would provide a lot more support when it is in use. Thank-You everybody for you wisdom and teaching on just what a 'not so great idea' the winchplate above the bumper is.
Did you have to modify or leave out bolts for your skid plate?

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
are you talking about re-using the factory skid? If so I wouldn’t if it’s the plastic one, however I do have a stock steel skid from a rubicon and after looking at it I think with some minor cutting it could be used with the Rugged Ridge bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. 32D80429-4FB0-4FF6-B78C-BE8DD43399DE

OP
OP

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
No, Skid plate bolted right on to the factory location and had no effect on the mounting of the skid plate. Looks nice aso. If I can remember, I'll take a picture and post it.

OP
OP

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
As promised, here are two close-up pictures of the skid plate. it attaches to the frame, not the bumper. The bumper is not in the way of the skid plate in any way. Personally, I think it's an attractive combination, but then of course, I am biased! :)
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. 20210420_191129

and from an angle:

Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. 20210420_191156

If you want a different shot, just let me know.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. 20210420_191129
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a Front Bumper with specific needs. 20210420_191156
Sponsored