• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Maryland Looking for an off road utility trailer

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
Does anyone know of a basic low walled utility trailer for off road use? Looking to carry water, 1 to 1.5 tons, from source to remote location. And when needed remove the tank and use the trailer for all sorts of stuff.

Thanks in advanced.
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I'd check out your local machine shops. I was mentioning to a buddy my sticker shock at the offroad trailers. He put me in touch with a quality shop he uses. We are now in the midst of building a custom kayak hauler/kitchen/storage trailer, complete with Rubi-take off rims and wheels, hot water heater, custom tanks, etc.

Still in the planning stages, it is going to be a cold weather project this winter. All-in, I am looking at under $4k. that doesn't include a few things like rotopax mounts, some additional lighting, etc. I am also going to need to get it painted/coated/wrapped.

Its been my experience that if you aren't on a tight timeline, a good shop is usually able to do a lot with leftover pieces from other projects, and if you give them a little slack on the plans, they'll blow you away.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
What about an old farm sprayer? If you are just looking to haul water, that may be the way to go. There should be some around, you don't need the booms etc. or any kind of pump. Check local auctions etc. The only problem is that they likely won't have suspension, but would be fairly heavy duty.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I have a trailer ,I built from a small generator we discarded at work, bought it for $100, put wood plank floor in it, low sides about 12" on it, has 14" wheels and tires has trailer lighting, trailer was rated at 3,000 lbs, has an adjustable lunette for pintle hitch and crank jack stand, I had our weld shop cut the axle to make it narrower to tow behind my small JD diesel 4100 tractor, it is about 48"wide with fenders, it is an awesome trailer, but since building it and using it very little while building house we bought a small mule and the trailer has been sitting, I pulled it out of garage and figured I'll take pictures and put it on facebook, I'll post a couple pictures here first. I didn't finish it totally and haven't painted it but it is a solid well built little trailer. The trailer is something you can pass down to grandkids, and I don't do half ass!......jack
ps: No title, Located southwest of Allentown . Pa.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Pictures, probably too small , but it’s an option.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for an off road utility trailer A30CA4CC-D0CB-481D-8D61-37DB2A92EBA0
Jeep Gladiator Looking for an off road utility trailer 95371D62-8A03-4808-A873-3AB76BC3CC2E
Jeep Gladiator Looking for an off road utility trailer 1994EEFA-DD03-448F-9BD6-A42A8A56BFC7

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Dimensions are 52” wide to outside of fenders, 9’ long from tailgate to hitch, bed is 74.5” long ibside, abd 42.5” wide inside neasurements......Jack

sail2xxs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon M/T
Occupation
Govt
Does anyone know of a basic low walled utility trailer for off road use? Looking to carry water, 1 to 1.5 tons, from source to remote location. And when needed remove the tank and use the trailer for all sorts of stuff.

Thanks in advanced.
Could you use a single axle dump trailer? I have a Lamar 5x10 which has been among the most versatile trailers I've owned... 7K axle, 4800 lb load capacity. Tows great. I got mine at Best Choice Trailers in Carlisle PA.

OP
OP
LANGeek

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you use a single axle dump trailer? I have a Lamar 5x10 which has been among the most versatile trailers I've owned... 7K axle, 4800 lb load capacity. Tows great. I got mine at Best Choice Trailers in Carlisle PA.
I need something can get in and out of ruts and just general rough access road. But the dump traler sounds like a good start, I could redo the suspension.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
LANgeek, if my trailer would fit your needs we can work something out perhaps, your post promoted me to get it out take pictures and get on with selling it. Doesn’t fit your needs no problem I’ll post on marketplace here for a bit then go another route.
I’m the Electrical Manager of a huge heavy civil construction company with 90 stone, concrete, block, asphalt , precast plants in three states , I drive to our Penn/Md Quarry right on the Mason Dixon line in Peach Bottom , MD. so distance is not a problem for me.....Jack

Sponsored

OP
OP
LANGeek

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LANgeek, if my trailer would fit your needs we can work something out perhaps, your post promoted me to get it out take pictures and get on with selling it. Doesn’t fit your needs no problem I’ll post on marketplace here for a bit then go another route.
I’m the Electrical Manager of a huge heavy civil construction company with 90 stone, concrete, block, asphalt , precast plants in three states , I drive to our Penn/Md Quarry right on the Mason Dixon line in Peach Bottom , MD. so distance is not a problem for me.....Jack
It does look noce but I will pass. I think I will wind up building what I want. But thank you

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks in advanced.
Not sure what you want to spend but this one is on 37s and will go about anywhere. You would need the XV-2 to haul over a ton though.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for an off road utility trailer 78E2EF8C-0D55-4D9B-82F4-48441D9559F5
Sponsored