Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
My mother whom I’ve been caring for since my fathers passing in 2006, passed away last week and I’m lost. My life is now my own and I need an adventure and distraction to grieve. Where are some of your most peaceful spots in the U.S to go? Thank you in advance for any ideas you can share while I transition though this life event we all must face.
Jeep Gladiator Lost my My Mother 585F84D0-3B78-4C76-BF61-8AB42956AE75
Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
My condolences for your loss.

We found the Colorado mountains to be one of the most peaceful places on the planet (southwestern corner in particular).

I am sure you can find other less populated areas closer that could suit you, but our hearts are with Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona country and hope to retire somewhere in that neighborhood in the near future.

Just start driving. You will end up where you need to be.
Jeep Gladiator Lost my My Mother 550-MDH-SJS 20080906_001.JPG

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
... Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona country ...

+1 for the Colorado and southwest area. That said, this is a big and beautiful country with so much to offer all over. I think the advice from above is worth repeating.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I’m so sorry for your loss. I too lost my mother earlier this year. I know what you mean by feeling lost. I left recently on my motorcycle in search of peace. Ended up here. Carmel, California.

F4F5A63D-A6AB-400A-AEBA-0F66858E45DF.jpeg

Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
My condolences for your losses.

Like everyone here I can offer up some beauty marks of this rock we're on that would impress and awe you; however, I won't only because peace is more than a destination, and peaceful is more than a goal. And yet to find, they require so much less. You can find them everywhere from the never ending waves crashing on a shoreline to a quiet garage with only the echo of a ratchet turning, from vast fields of rolling hills of corn that fill your nostrils with the smell of turned earth to a backyard garden with a tinge of acid in the air from a blooming tomato plant, from a majestic mountain range that jumps straight up to stab the sky to a comfortable chair with an immersive book that takes you even higher, from any overpoweringly beautiful and dramatically somber landscape to the scrunched up wrinkles on the face of a child giggling out of control after the dog farted. Peace is where you are ONLY when peaceful is what you bring.

Go find John, John. You'll see THAT'S the greatest adventure ever that no place is capable of equaling. AND keep exploring if only for that reason. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dream't of in your philosophy." - Hamlet. That includes you.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Kings Canyon has what you seek.
Condolences to you.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
So sorry for your loss. My mom passed away last August after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. Tomorrow would have been her 77th birthday. So it's going to be pretty rough.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
My condolences for your loss.

We've had some pretty amazing trips over the years but my two favorites so far were:
1) Utah - National Park trip where we hit Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches (and some mountain biking in Moab)...lots of places to dry camp, stay in a campground, or hit up the BLE (?) lands and really be out on your own
2) California Hwy 1 - we started up in Napa/St Helena and then took our time winding down the Pacific Coast Hwy until we hit San Diego. Beautiful scenery and lots of history along that coastline.

Sponsored

msfitone

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE edition
Occupation
Adventure Seeker
From Virginia JTR, my condolences for your loss,
Sometimes not fully knowing a beautiful destination until you get there. I pray you find one for your heart to follow, live, enjoy and many adventures.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
I'm sorry for your loss. Like others have said the journey is more important than the destination. I love the Florida Keys, it's laid back and paradise on earth. Take I-75 South all the way down to Miami then it's a scenic drive the rest of the way. Wherever you go I hope that you find peace.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
My very heartfelt condolences. I lost my mom in September and am having some difficulty myself. I don’t have any suggestions for you bu I wanted to say I’m very sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My very heartfelt condolences. I lost my mom in September and am having some difficulty myself. I don’t have any suggestions for you bu I wanted to say I’m very sorry for your loss.
I too am sorry for your loss. It will be a year of firsts for both of us. I believe the best advice is just drive. I thank all of you for giving these options and condolences.
Sponsored