Sponsored

Low oil pressure warning after oil change.

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Pilot
Self changed oil on 2021 eco. New oil filter is OEM and correct PN. Filled with 9 qrts Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W50 MS 12991. No issues for first 60 miles. Then after a start got the low oil pressure light and oil gauge turned red. Oil pressure reading appeared normal range never dipping below 19psi. Then saw it dip to 6psi for just a second at idle. Shut engine down and called dealer. Dealer said to drive it over as there is a recall for this indication. On start up and drive over no issue. Tech was able to duplicate and scan showed low oil pressure code. Dealer flashes ECU and said was good to go. After another 50 miles low oil pressure again. Dealer made appointment and advised me to go ahead and drive it for the two weeks till my appointment. Stay tuned will advise if it seizes up before appointment. Dealer is taking responsibility if any damage occurs until appointment.
Anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
There was an issue with wrong type of oil filter used or not seated properly or something like that.
I definitely wouldn't drive it. Especially since the software update was done and didn't fix it. It's too big of a gamble for your pocket. They deny warranties for every little thing

Chaosseat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Ecodiesel, 06 TJ w/ HEMI swap
Make sure your oil filter is torqued to 25NM, and not just hand tight. Also, next time if you want to save a few bucks on a filter, I’ve been using an Ecoguard filter. It seems to work just as good as OEM

edit: Ecogard

Last edited:

Deleted member 22728

Make sure your oil filter is torqued to 25NM, and not just hand tight. Also, next time if you want to save a few bucks on a filter, I’ve been using an Ecoguard filter. It seems to work just as good as OEM
OE filter. Just pulled the first PM A on mine, no issues.

IMG_2396.JPG

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Dealer tech also removed and checked filter and put back on prior to flashing ECM. So can only assume he torqued correctly. Thanks for your input and filter info

Sponsored

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Any chance you were using a shop rag, and one went missing?

Seems like an awful coincidence to manifest right after you changed the oil.

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Any chance you were using a shop rag, and one went missing?

Seems like an awful coincidence to manifest right after you changed the oil.
No no missing shop rags. Problem comes and goes. 98% of the time all normal. Once every 6th start maybe.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Do you have a link on the Ecoguard ? I've see non-oem filters that are identical looking(on the outside, anyway)to the oem (also made in China) even the o- ring on some are green... for $17 .

Sponsored

Chaosseat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Ecodiesel, 06 TJ w/ HEMI swap
Do you have a link on the Ecoguard ? I've see non-oem filters that are identical looking(on the outside, anyway)to the oem (also made in China) even the o- ring on some are green... for $17 .
I grabbed it from Amazon, I accidentally miss-spelled it. It’s spelled Ecogard. This is the part# S11880 it’s $27. Ecogard.com

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
I will second the oil filter thing. I did the oil change myself and had the low low pressure light come on at a stop. You have to make sure the oil filter is completely seated and screwed all the way in

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
The issue I am having is something other than filter. It will not do it on cold starts. The engine must be at operating temp on a restart. If I hit the accelerator peddle right at start it will not do it. Idle pressure hovers around 18psi may dip to 16 just for for a 1/4 second but oil temp has to be up there. 215. Dealer had pulled filter to verify correct one so only assuming tech torqued correctly. It goes in this Thur to figure out.

Preme Rubi_Gladis

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accountant
Self changed oil on 2021 eco. New oil filter is OEM and correct PN. Filled with 9 qrts Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W50 MS 12991. No issues for first 60 miles. Then after a start got the low oil pressure light and oil gauge turned red. Oil pressure reading appeared normal range never dipping below 19psi. Then saw it dip to 6psi for just a second at idle. Shut engine down and called dealer. Dealer said to drive it over as there is a recall for this indication. On start up and drive over no issue. Tech was able to duplicate and scan showed low oil pressure code. Dealer flashes ECU and said was good to go. After another 50 miles low oil pressure again. Dealer made appointment and advised me to go ahead and drive it for the two weeks till my appointment. Stay tuned will advise if it seizes up before appointment. Dealer is taking responsibility if any damage occurs until appointment.
Anyone else experienced this?
[/QUOTE/
Do not drive it I had/have same issue with my 2020 Gladiator after low oil pressure reading I drove another 500ft and the seals on the engine cracked and it seized has been at the dealer for 3mths now waiting on the new oil pump which is (directly from Chysler) on back order till June not being built right now…. WARNING

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I had low pressure lights on my TDI and on my 4.6l ford. Both right after an oil change. I put an oil pressure guage on and verified oil pressure was good on both. I drove them until I put a new oil pressure sensor in. I am wondering if there is a plug that can be removed for testing. I bet there is.
Sponsored