First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I am looking for a new front bumper and eventually a winch. I want a low mount winch but will not be adding it until I see how much I use the truck off-road in conditions where I am likely to use it. While I want to get the bumper now, I am afraid to based on how it will look without a winch.

Is there a bumper out there that has a plate to cover the hole if not winch is in? Does anyone have a picture of a Jeep with a low mount bumper and no winch? Am I overthinking it?
Sponsored

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Just grab a Mopar Steel front bumper. It comes with a plate that covers the winch spot.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Personally I think you're overthinking it but I'm also not one to care if there's the gap there. Companies like ARB include plates for their winch bumpers and generally if you find something you like, you can check the manufacturer's site to see if it includes a plate. Quite a few out there include them because many people who buy the bumpers don't want the winch and it's a lot of extra effort to offer two models.

OP
OP
Mtpisgah

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Just grab a Mopar Steel front bumper. It comes with a plate that covers the winch spot.
But the Mopar bumper is sooo ugly. Otherwise I would just keep it until I was ready to buy a winch. But thanks For responding.

OP
OP
Mtpisgah

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Personally I think you're overthinking it but I'm also not one to care if there's the gap there. Companies like ARB include plates for their winch bumpers and generally if you find something you like, you can check the manufacturer's site to see if it includes a plate. Quite a few out there include them because many people who buy the bumpers don't want the winch and it's a lot of extra effort to offer two models.
I am an engineer. I overthink everything.
I think I will go with the LoD Signature bumper, if I decide I do not like the gap I will have a plate fabricated to cover it.

Now I need to ensure I want the front and back bumper before ordering. I do not think it will matter If they match. No one is likely to notice except me. But again, I overthink.
Sponsored