Lowering a Jeep Gladiator

EdO

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I would like to lower my Jeep Gladiator Sport S. Any kits out there ?? Maximum I can go in stock tires & rims ??? Could probably do low profile tires but would prefer lowering.
Sponsored

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Trying to gauge the legitimacy of this post. The troll potential looms large...

OP
OP

EdO

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to gauge the legitimacy of this post. The troll potential looms large...
It’s for real. I’m 83 years old & have trouble getting in & out of my Truck. Wanted something other than electric running boards. Do 0 off-road. Been there, done that for over 60 years !!!

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Well if this is infact "for real"...

Lowering blocks on the rear, Cut the springs or look in to aftermarket springs up front. As an 83 year old...I'm going to assume the negative impact from lowering the suspension on a vehicle that was not neccesarily designed to be lowered is going to make the ride extremely harsh and probably be more of a detriment than it is an advantage.

OP
OP

EdO

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lowering blocks on the rear, Cut the springs or look in to aftermarket springs up front. As an 83 year old...I'm going to assume the negative impact from lowering the suspension on a vehicle that was not neccesarily designed to be lowered is going to make the ride extremely harsh and probably be more of a detriment than it is an advantage.

OP
OP

EdO

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I have cut coils on cars before and gave up a lot of ride for “the look”. I imagine bagging might be an option but beyond my budget. I realize “the look” on Jeeps is a lift & big tires & as near as I can tell very few actually go off road. I like that look but I also like a lowered look. My guess is I’ll just leave it stock & live with it.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No offense, but I think you bought the wrong truck for this. This wasn't made to lower, not that it cant be done, but something else would have been better for your situation. Good Luck

OP
OP

EdO

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense, but I think you bought the wrong truck for this. This wasn't made to lower, not that it cant be done, but something else would have been better for your situation. Good Luck
Thanks !! Got the right truck, no question. Just thought it would look cool lowered as I wasn’t going off-Road. P.S. My wife loves it & takes it whenever she can !! This truck gets more attention than anything I’ve owned from all ages. It’s a Keeper !!

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

This is at least 50% wrong. Lowering blocks? Really? The JT doesn’t have leafs springs under the axle...

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
This is at least 50% wrong. Lowering blocks? Really? The JT doesn’t have leafs springs under the axle...
kind of my test to see how much trolling is going on. Trust me...I have lowered enough trucks and cars in my lifetime.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
If i were you sir i would start with lower diameter tires . That should drop some

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
If i were you sir i would start with lower diameter tires . That should drop some
Excellent point ! Put 29 inch tires on it ! You will not change the ride of the vehicle, you can use the stock rims, you will get better acceleration, and you will not effect the value of the JT by lowering it.
Sponsored