First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Trans Am, 2012 Wrangler Sport, 2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Quality Assurance inspector
Does anyone make a lunchbox locker that fits the JT Sport diffs?
Sponsored

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
I’m resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has been able to find a LockRight, Spartan Locker, or any other lunchbox locker for the M220 or M210.

In other words, trying to find the exact same info as the OP.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
Just checked Jeep.com.. JT Sport comes with DANA 44.. https://10carbest.com/lunchbox-lockers
Yes, the m210 and m220 are “Dana 44 axles” but do not take the same carriers, ring and pinion sets, or axles as previous generations.
I believe the JT's run a 32 spline, that is for a 30 spline.

But I could be wrong, it's happened before.
You’re not wrong. They are 32 spline axles with an OD of 1.41”

Thank you both for the replies!

I suspect there still hasn’t been anything developed. There’s nothing from Lock Right or US Standard Gear and they’re the two main producers of this type of locker.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah @PresidentGod is right, a D44 is not a D44 is not a D44 and you'll want to make sure the carrier is for the Advantek version of the axle. Totally different design in there and older carriers do not fit.

But on the topic, no luck for me. I've been looking for one as a stop-gap now that I'm somewhere I'll rarely see rain and never see snow but it seems they're as non-existent as an Eaton/Torsen LSD that everyone seems to want as well.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Bumping this thread, as I'm going to monitor it to see if there's a nice and easy solution for my front axle. As long as I have a FAD operative, a lunchbox locker seems like an easy ticket.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I talked with Aussie and they said they are planning on making one soon.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I g believe Eaton just released an E locker for the 210/220 series D44.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I've been researching these lunch box lockers lately. Seems like most recommend 33-35s max. Now this is based on a d30-d35 I believe. I assume our front d44 carrier is likely much stronger? Would running 37-38s, maybe 40s max, be OK? I'm in FL so mainly mud and sand. I'm also not usually in 4lo, I'll be in 2hi until slippage and then 4hi will get me out most the time. Just like the low cost, ease of install, and having that extra bit of traction vs open diff. Haven't seen any availability yet

Sponsored

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I've been researching these lunch box lockers lately. Seems like most recommend 33-35s max. Now this is based on a d30-d35 I believe. I assume our front d44 carrier is likely much stronger? Would running 37-38s, maybe 40s max, be OK? I'm in FL so mainly mud and sand. I'm also not usually in 4lo, I'll be in 2hi until slippage and then 4hi will get me out most the time. Just like the low cost, ease of install, and having that extra bit of traction vs open diff. Haven't seen any availability yet
i think you would be ok. I have not seen a lunchbox locker out for the m210 or m220 yet either. I spoke with Aussie awhile back and they said they have plans to make one though.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
i think you would be ok. I have not seen a lunchbox locker out for the m210 or m220 yet either. I spoke with Aussie awhile back and they said they have plans to make one though.
I saw they have it for the jl m186. So I'm hopeful

OP
OP
Necro

Necro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Trans Am, 2012 Wrangler Sport, 2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Quality Assurance inspector
So... 3 years later... any updates? I went ahead and traded my sport in on a Rubicon... but I'm still curious....

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
So... 3 years later... any updates? I went ahead and traded my sport in on a Rubicon... but I'm still curious....
I posted in this thread in 2021. I've long abandoned the idea of adding lockers. The LSD combined with the brake-locking "locker", for me, has been exemplary. It's certainly not the same as a locker, but I've yet to encounter an obstacle that a locker would have been the difference between getting through and getting stuck.

Credit where credit is due-- the brake lok differential system is amazing. I can see, and hear it working every single time I go wheeling. I'll say again it isn't an equal to a locker, as I'd prefer to avoid wheel slipping in the first place, but a locker isn't as necessary as it would be in a 4x4 with no software traction control system.

I'm regeared on 37s with a 3" lift, so it's usually an extreme high centering scenario that does me in.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I believe you can get lunchbox lockers for the sport axles, as my wrangler friend Pig Pen has one in his on 37s and his Jeep is a beast… not sure which brand it was.
See This post
The easiest solution would be a lunch box style locker like a spartan USA Standard Gear Spartan Locker SL D30JL-27 Lunchbox Locker for Dana 30 JL M186 Differential https://a.co/d/cLcUVeE. Cheap, automatic, easy to install as it doesn't require great setup like a full case locker, unnoticeable in 2wd. Ran 1 in my old Cherokee for years without issue. I wouldn't spend arb money on a Dana 30, for near what that setup would cost once you add air supply and gear set up, you could source a Rubicon front axle and gain the strength, track width, and lower gearing (you would have to regear the rear axle to match) .
Sponsored