Sponsored

Lux Lights for Rock Lights?

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
Has anyone here used Lux System Lights for Rock Lights? I watched a video from another Jeep forum's website where the owner put 8 of them on his Gladiator and they seemed perfect to me. The magnets left the need to drill/cut and one could stick them anywhere. They are a US based company and some reviews have stated that their lights are pretty decent.

However, we have had issues with getting them. We put in an order on 12/2 for them and as of December 10, we got a tracking number for which only a label is created. Its been that way since then. They have no phone number on their website to call and they don't seem to answer emails.

A further look into them shows they have issues with the Better Business Bureau and some complaints:

https://www.bbb.org/us/or/keizer/profile/lighting-equipment/lux-lighting-systems-llc-1296-1000049141

They get an "F" rating for a company. They had a 1-800 number but it is disconnected.

Does anyone know what is going on with this company or had bad experiences wit them?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I used them on my JKU, they were good and convenient. A little pricey but I had no problems out of them. A buddy of mine ordered some back in June for his truck and had no problem getting them.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I installed them and really like them, everything seemed top notch. I had an issue ordering them through their website and PayPal, but eventually got it addressed. The order didn't go through on their website but I got charged by PayPal, took some back and forth but it was resolved. Really happy with the lights.

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
Ok... thanks for the input. I got a bit concerned the way they have handled this. We got absolutely no email replies or way to contact them, so they began looking sketchy. The BBB rating didnā€™t help. Iā€™m glad it worked out for you guys. Iā€™m looking forward to getting them.... albeit it delayed due to their slowness.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Iā€™ve had mine for years and they have been great. I ordered the last set of an older style rock light (max) about a year ago on Amazon. Their customer service has been top notch about 3-4 years ago. They helped expedite shipping from one of their vendors. I plan on putting them on my rack/bed instead of dedicated rock lights.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
They have a Facebook page, try contacting them there.

Some of these places are making it near impossible to do business with.

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got ahold of them and had a decent email conversation with them, although they aren't the friendliest chaps in the world. Their signature in their email includes the defunct 800 number. I let them know it is not working and that we could have avoided a bit of drama if they had simply had a phone number or returned emails in a bit of a faster fashion. In any case, they are on their way. They need a little lesson in customer service... but oh well.

Thanks to everyone who responded here.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
Just ordered/received some for wife's JL. No issues on shipping/time, I'll see how they do when we install.

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered/received some for wife's JL. No issues on shipping/time, I'll see how they do when we install.
When did you order them and receive them? We ordered Dec 2, and as of today... Dec 16, still no lights.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
When did you order them and receive them? We ordered Dec 2, and as of today... Dec 16, still no lights.
It would have been about two weeks ago...sometime either right at the end of Nov or early Dec. We did not buy the bluetooth version...the seven color key fob version if that makes a difference.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I have them on my gladiator. I bought them pretty much due to how ā€œoverā€ I am installing things, as everything I do is a rush when the kids go to sleep and before I do. That said, I canā€™t give a hugely glowing review. They claim theyā€™re the brightest on the market, Iā€™m not so sure. Theyā€™re ok. The magnets are the the big draw in my book.
the gladiator is so long that even 8 lights isnā€™t quite enough to get to the good spots.
Jeep Gladiator Lux Lights for Rock Lights? 0CD3EA1E-2AF9-43F9-80A6-1A7DE7B922AC

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gorgeous... nicely done. Canā€™t wait to get mine installed. USPS finally delivered mine but they are holding it until I get back home. Your photo is inspiring me... this will be fun for o install. Did you use the pro package or just wire all the lights together yourself? Iā€™m on the fence to get a bus strip so itā€™s easy to replace any that go bad.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Gorgeous... nicely done. Canā€™t wait to get mine installed. USPS finally delivered mine but they are holding it until I get back home. Your photo is inspiring me... this will be fun for o install. Did you use the pro package or just wire all the lights together yourself? Iā€™m on the fence to get a bus strip so itā€™s easy to replace any that go bad.
I wired mine into the aux switches. Lots of leads coming in so I think I used wire nuts.

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got them and am now ready to install them. I have a few questions for those in the know...

1 - Did you use loom? According to the directions, it looks like you can just wire them up and not be concerned (leads me to Q2). If you did use loom, did you loom everything or just certain locations and if so, where (I assume turns and pinch points)?

2 - At some point the wires need to cross or go close to the exhaust. Any concerns of melting or did anyone wrap them with something at that point?

3 - Did you wire them above or inside the frame rails?

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I got them and am now ready to install them. I have a few questions for those in the know...

1 - Did you use loom? According to the directions, it looks like you can just wire them up and not be concerned (leads me to Q2). If you did use loom, did you loom everything or just certain locations and if so, where (I assume turns and pinch points)?

2 - At some point the wires need to cross or go close to the exhaust. Any concerns of melting or did anyone wrap them with something at that point?

3 - Did you wire them above or inside the frame rails?
1) Nope. Your wiring is likely different than mine, but be aware of cycling suspension components, the turning pitman arm, and the belts from the engine.

2) Nope. All my wiring went along the exterior of the vehicle along the rock sliders. I first placed the lights, then wired from there. The extra wire length is looped next to the aux switch leads in the engine compartment

3) My sliders have a convenient "bridge" of sorts that let me cleanly and safely run the wires through.

Hope that helps!
Sponsored