First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Replaced my Magnaflow 2.5” Crawler exhaust today. Kept all the piping as Im a fan of the high tuck but but with a 25” Dynomax Super Turbo 2.5”. Nice tone, slight rumble, zero drone or buzzying at certain rpm. Best thing, it doesnt sound like my Jeep is trying so hard. I post some videos soon. Should of dynomax quiet crawler from day one. Live and learn!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Will be waiting on your videos for the Sound.. Considering replacement of the factory muffler with a Chambered or Turbo (watched the Engine Masters show on mufflers).

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Will be waiting on your videos for the Sound.. Considering replacement of the factory muffler with a Chambered or Turbo (watched the Engine Masters show on mufflers).
I did a two chambered muffler prior, dont do it. It was awful, it droned like crazy around 2000-2200 rpm. My Magnaflow was an improvement but I still wanted less. I just found the perfect tone (for me) with the dynomax super turbo. It has some rumble at low rpm and has a decent growl throughout the rest of the rpm band. No drone during highway driving which was the goal. It has this really nice gurgle sounds when Im decelerating and it downshifts. Gives me this low key GTR sound. Very happy with the swap. The video is too big so I need upload it to youtube. Hang tight

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Uploaded. Just a few revs and idle. I will try to get exterior acceleration video soon.

Sounds subtle but much deeper. Exactly the sound I want. I definitely don’t want anything that will wake up the neighbors…been there done that, not cool for a daily driver lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Sounds subtle but much deeper. Exactly the sound I want. I definitely don’t want anything that will wake up the neighbors…been there done that, not cool for a daily driver lol.
Same here, kind of over it for my DD. By no means was the Magnaflow bad, just not my cup of tea. This is my third super turbo, one on my old 4.0 , 3.8 and now my 3.6. Been impressed on all 3 setups. I threw on some black header paint, hope it helps as its only downside is its aluminized steel.

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Few revs after some miles on it. Did about 120km drive today. Appears to have gotten a little deeper. I like it. Had a small exhaust leak so I tightened the front ball flange up a bit.

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
And another. This is a cold start, about 5 celsius that morning. Still really happy with the exhaust but Ive noticed about .5mpg lose, BUT that could be from the cold weather and longer remote starts.

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
I literally did the same thing, having run Magnaflow in almost everything I have owned, there was just too much drone (using the 20" magnaflow 4" round). Installed the Dynomax quiet crawler and it just sounds better with no drone.

to be fair to magnaflow I was not running a second resonator like the quiet crawler system uses, but at that point I was done spending money on MyDesign exhaust and went with someone who knows what they are doing.
Sponsored