Magnuson installation

Bigal389

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 1979 J10 Golden Eagle, 2005 Ram 1500
I may be purchasing a used Magnuson for my 2020 Gladiator, it has everything needed for the installation minus the tuner and spark plugs from what I understand. What will I need to tune it, and will I have to send the existing to have it unlocked? Any other suggestions on what I may need would be appreciated.
Thanks Al
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
OP
OP

Bigal389

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 1979 J10 Golden Eagle, 2005 Ram 1500
Where is the best place to have it unlocked?

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
And how long does that process take?
What if that gets lost in the mail? (That would be my luck)
I Insured mine for $1000.

2 days shipping each direction. It can take up to 3 business days for the unlock. Mine shipped back to me day after they received it.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The way I got around the wait. Before my install, I went to the dealer and had them install a new ecm. They were pretty cool about it. 550 to purchase, install, and flash the ecm

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just depends on what you want and what your comfortable with. If you want more power in your Gladiator, beyond stock, you have options and they all have a price tag. I would say this is middle of the road intellectual/sweat equity and cost. There are cheaper options and more expensive.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just depends on what you want and what your comfortable with. If you want more power in your Gladiator, beyond stock, you have options and they all have a price tag. I would say this is middle of the road intellectual/sweat equity and cost. There are cheaper options and more expensive.
Well I agree with that. Just seems like every bit is a risk.
Warranty, Pcm programming/mail, motor longevity, tuning. Maybe things are still early with it all. Outside looking in it seems like rolling the dice every step. Lol
What's even weirder is I don't see too many videos of folks showing the end results.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I have 23k on mine supercharged, just not much of a video picture guy. Be happy to show anyone the current result . Going drag racing friday with all my car buddies hopefully I can get some good shots then. Should be a fun time putting a jeep on the 8th mile.

Not every needs to feel compelled to ramp up their engine. There are a million different avid hobbies and careers, there is definetly a defined group of us that feeled compelled to get every last ounce, out of anything with internal combustion properties. I mean replaced the 12 hp in my snapper with a briggs 22hp and can pull wheelies mowing the lawn. Not practical or cost effective, but I look more forward to mowing lol.

PumaChabra

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Well I have 23k on mine supercharged, just not much of a video picture guy. Be happy to show anyone the current result . Going drag racing friday with all my car buddies hopefully I can get some good shots then. Should be a fun time putting a jeep on the 8th mile.

Not every needs to feel compelled to ramp up their engine. There are a million different avid hobbies and careers, there is definetly a defined group of us that feeled compelled to get every last ounce, out of anything with internal combustion properties. I mean replaced the 12 hp in my snapper with a briggs 22hp and can pull wheelies mowing the lawn. Not practical or cost effective, but I look more forward to mowing lol.

what size tires and gear ratio are you running? Stock?