Magnuson Supercharger Build

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Howdy! Been lurking for about a month. Picked up a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon two months ago. Just purchased a Magnuson supercharger kit from a local shop in which the original customer backed out on. Looking forward to the build and documenting everything. Hopefully I don’t destroy my Jeep.

57E9C93C-12E4-4B4B-8674-77B0B70AC91A.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
those of us on Dave’s tune are universally happy.

good luck with install.
Reading through everything, I have every intention of using Dave’s tune.

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Reading through everything, I have every intention of using Dave’s tune.
What is Dave's tune? I'm just starting to research which supercharger I want to buy and install. Is there a supercharger on the market that retains factory warranty?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
What is Dave's tune? I'm just starting to research which supercharger I want to buy and install. Is there a supercharger on the market that retains factory warranty?
what? dude, there is no manufacturer anywherein the world that will warranty your truck after you bolt on a supercharger.

magnuson, edelbrock, and hamburger all offer a warranty program, with certain conditions.

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what? dude, there is no manufacturer anywherein the world that will warranty your truck after you bolt on a supercharger.

magnuson, edelbrock, and hamburger all offer a warranty program, with certain conditions.
Yes there are.

And Hamburger was working on being a Mopar part that would be warranty. But I hadn't heard updates. Apparently not yet. Thanks for the info.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Yes there are.

And Hamburger was working on being a Mopar part that would be warranty. But I hadn't heard updates. Apparently not yet. Thanks for the info.
hamburgers has been “working on it” for years. Its a long wait on a train that aint coming, for a blower that doesnt perform As well as the competitors.

there arent any blowers that mopar will warranty, but it appears the warranty programs from ham, edelbrock, and magnuson are all legit as long as you follow the guidelines for it.

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hamburgers has been “working on it” for years. Its a long wait on a train that aint coming, for a blower that doesnt perform As well as the competitors.

there arent any blowers that mopar will warranty, but it appears the warranty programs from ham, edelbrock, and magnuson are all legit as long as you follow the guidelines for it.
Good to know. Thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there are.

SCs have to pass muster and keep the engine in check emissions-wise to be supported and the engine warranted by Jeep.
Once you are outside of the emissions range, FCA can't warrant it or support it is my understanding.
If your stock engine won't pass emissions testing, Jeep has to fix it.
If your engine is non-stock and won't pass - Jeep can wash their hands of making it pass emissions.
Plus there's the stress factor.......... too many things outside the control of Jeep for them to warrant.

Sponsored

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yes there are.

I dismissed Hamburger's Mopar claims as soon as I saw their build requires relocation of the alternator below stock location and modifying of the airbox. There's no way a manufacturer will agree to honor a warranty with all that water intrusion risk.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my supercharger stuff today. Like I mentioned, this thing was ordered for a customer that backed out. I feel like I got a great deal on it. Looks like it was made in June of 2020, and has been sitting in the packaging since then. Anything I need to be worried about manufacturing at that time, ala recalls? Thanks for any help.

674E940E-0C33-448D-9210-C2FA987D78FB.jpeg

7E69D336-93C4-477A-AE47-961F3B1863D7.jpeg

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alrighty. I emailed Magnuson support about this kit I purchased to make sure it was all good. I was told that I just needed to make sure the blue RTD from HP Tuners was there, and I should be good to go. I finally opened all the boxes, and I see nothing of the sort. No signs that any of the packaging has been previously opened. I know they sell two kits on their website. Does one kit come with this HP Tuner piece, and the other just come with the pre-paid slip to send the ECM to Magnuson?

I don't intend to use Magnuson's tune. I jumping straight to Dave's, and I intend to use the small pulley tune (Hi Dave! I'm Matt, and I'd like to speak to you about your small pulley tune). Not sure what I might need to order in to have minimum down time due to install. Thank you everyone for any advice you might have. Happy New Year!

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Alrighty. I emailed Magnuson support about this kit I purchased to make sure it was all good. I was told that I just needed to make sure the blue RTD from HP Tuners was there, and I should be good to go. I finally opened all the boxes, and I see nothing of the sort. No signs that any of the packaging has been previously opened. I know they sell two kits on their website. Does one kit come with this HP Tuner piece, and the other just come with the pre-paid slip to send the ECM to Magnuson?

I don't intend to use Magnuson's tune. I jumping straight to Dave's, and I intend to use the small pulley tune (Hi Dave! I'm Matt, and I'd like to speak to you about your small pulley tune). Not sure what I might need to order in to have minimum down time due to install. Thank you everyone for any advice you might have. Happy New Year!
I just purchased and installed my kit in December and same deal. I bought the full tuned kit but received the kit with no HP tuner or pre-paid slip.....

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased and installed my kit in December and same deal. I bought the full tuned kit but received the kit with no HP tuner or pre-paid slip.....

Did a quick phone call get the issue resolved?
Sponsored