Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have been receiving a fair number of messages lately with general questions about the Magnuson install. I have read back through the Leftcoast thread and while super entertaining for those of us who lived it, it is a bit long winded😁. So my thought is to use this post for a condensed easy "go to" place for all the tips and tricks when putting your Magnuson on. I hope some of you dont mind I borrowed your content.

1. Spark plugs that work well. 6 needed

20200514_202831.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-061610.png

2. Relocation of the ambient air sensor to this location. You will need to extend the OEM wiring.

20200425_193825_2.jpg

3. Relocation of the fuel tank purge valve. Where magnuson puts the valve, it can resonate on the firewall. Using some fuel vent line you can move it heare and it alleviates the noise.
tempImagefExJiF.png

4. Changing out the idler pulleys for some decent quiet ones. You will need two of these for the pulleys by the supercharger snout

1009210959.jpg

5. Here is a tip from Tonopah for getting your heat exchanger in correctly

Screenshot_20211009-062317.png

I will make a second post with tune upgrades and the instructions.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get to the point you are driving your supercharged Jeep around and feel you need some refinement, power, or an improvement in driveability, you can use the links below provided by Z1krause. These will allow you to flash on the tunes, I provide on this website. The HP flash tool Magnuson supplies, that flashes the .RTD file is not compatible, as that tool is locked to Magnuson's tunes.

HP Tuners MPVI2:https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2plus/
2 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the engine:
4 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the automatic transmission:
https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi1-credits-2/
Dodge 2018+ Smart Access Cable: https://www.hptuners.com/product/dodge-2018-smart-access-cable/
VCM Editor and VCM Scanner

If you end up needing to make changes, this wideband is really cool and allows you to look at fueling data with your hp tuner data.
https://www.hptuners.com/product/aem-x-series-obdii-wideband-afr-controller-gauge/

Last edited:

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Dave can you post parts list; obviously 6 plugs, how many pullies? The ait temp sensor you mentioned the wire, what did you do?

For the purge valve what's that all abought?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last but not least here are the calibrations I have provided. Hopefully someday I will make the ultimate tune,but until that day you can expect updates from time to time, on this thread.

I am including
1. Instructions for copying the tune. I cannot give you a ready to flash tune without licensing your vin to my HP, that would mean a person would have to buy two sets of licenses, unless I personally flash your jeep

2. Channel list for HP Scanner. This channel list will allow me to diagnose or modify your tunes

3. Lastly the calibration for an automatic and a calibration for a manual jeep

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might be jumping a head a bit, but running the numbers I am thinking this may be an option.

Screenshot_20211011-213713.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the jumpiness is getting to you, I have a file that has eliminated it on my auto. I carried the changes over to the manual file, but have not had anyone try it yet.

Attachments

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: In the last revisions of HP tuners, the Beta release has vastly different table definitions from the stuff before it. With that some critical information can be lost, that needs copied over. Thank you to Andrew for helping me figure this out.

I am reposting the files as I saved them this with the latest Beta release.

Please using Beta 4.11.543 when working with these files

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well y'all I did the pulley upgrade tonite. So far I can say, it is a great upgrade! It actually helped the jumpiness off the start. And now with my cam tuning, I am pushing V8 levels of airflow. It runs consistently in the high 9 psi range just barely touching 10psi. Acceleration seems smoother. And the top end is a riot. I think the extra torque all the way around helps things run better not sure why yet.

Now the blah news. Tuning was required. It was somewhat lean in a couple areas around 4K and up, with that airflow.

I believe my belt may be to long. Now when I turn the wheel when at a stop sometimes I get a weird rattle and I think it is the belt tensioner at the end of travel.

I have got the tune shored up and I am gonna start searching up a belt.
K060975RPM

Would anybody be interested in buying a kit if I put it together, or you all good sourcing things yourself.

Kit would be: Pulley, Belt, Tune

1025212038a_HDR.jpg

1025212213_HDR.jpg

Small pulley.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the new pulley requires a shorter belt. I grabbed the one in the picture today.

Pro tip, putting a serpentine belt on your gladiator is not a task you fit in between student parent conferences and dance class, while making dinner, unless your looking for an impractical stress test.

1026211820.jpg

Last edited:

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Well y'all I did the pulley upgrade tonite. So far I can say, it is a great upgrade! It actually helped the jumpiness off the start. And now with my cam tuning, I am pushing V8 levels of airflow. It runs consistently in the high 9 psi range just barely touching 10psi. Acceleration seems smoother. And the top end is a riot. I think the extra torque all the way around helps things run better not sure why yet.

Now the blah news. Tuning was required. It was somewhat lean in a couple areas around 4K and up, with that airflow.

I believe my belt may be to long. Now when I turn the wheel when at a stop sometimes I get a weird rattle and I think it is the belt tensioner at the end of travel.

K060975RPM

Would anybody be interested in buying a kit if I put it together, or you all good sourcing things yourself.

1025212038a_HDR.jpg

1025212213_HDR.jpg

Small pulley.png

K060975RPM

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes 1026211820

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes 1026211820

For all your assistance I would be happy to purchase thru you if the price was right. Hopefully installing mine next week finally.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have two new files here.

The Automatic file, of course has been road tested by me. The manual file on the other hand is not tested, and I know there are a few with some weird behaviors. I have not been getting much data back on these. files. Two guys have been decent, about getting me some logs, but their machines have been a bit different from the majority.

This auto file is to address the off the line behavior, and I have also tuned clunky shifting on acceleration. I have it pretty much eliminated on my truck.

Attachments

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
I have two new files here.

The Automatic file, of course has been road tested by me. The manual file on the other hand is not tested, and I know there are a few with some weird behaviors. I have not been getting much data back on these. files. Two guys have been decent, about getting me some logs, but their machines have been a bit different from the majority.

This auto file is to address the off the line behavior, and I have also tuned clunky shifting on acceleration. I have it pretty much eliminated on my truck.
Will this update work with stock Magnuson pulley?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The updates are made for the stock pulley. I have not posted my pulley file as of yet. I have not decided how I would like to distribute that file yet. The fueling and vvt differences are pretty significant. It is amazing how much smoother a couple lbs of boost is. Not to mention the top end just seems to keep on going!

I threw on my stock Pulley last weekend to test the auto file. Took my family rock climbing about an hour a way. My only complaint with this file, so far is cruise at 75 in 8th gear. It hold 8th gear instead of hunting, and fuels for power. But the fueling is a bit too much and you can feel the powerjump when it goes to 12:1. I need to log it and find that scenario and back the fuel down to like 13:1. And I think it will be really good. The fueling power is not that bad, I am not sure anyone would recognize it without an afr gauge, but I have experience looking and feeling for things like that. It only happens on long low grades where it would normally downshift. Now it boosts and fuels instead.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point I can say the pulley is a very solid upgrade. If your machine has been running problem free on my other tunes, this is totally worth doing.

The power, driveability, and throttle response is all improved.

My latest tune has no signes of running out of injector or ignition and runs extremely clean.

Phlegmon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Occupation
Radiologist
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes doc-holliday-im-your-huckleberry

Totally down to try out the high boost setup. Just waiting on Magnuson's sales team to get back from SEMA so I can receive my pulley.
Sponsored