Sponsored

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@DAVECS1 how many credits need to be purchased with the MPVI2 in order to cover everything? Thanks.

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
@DAVECS1 how many credits need to be purchased with the MPVI2 in order to cover everything? Thanks.
I purchased 6 credits, 2 for ECU and 4 for my automatic transmission. DAVECS1 are great.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
When you get to the point you are driving your supercharged Jeep around and feel you need some refinement, power, or an improvement in driveability, you can use the links below provided by Z1krause. These will allow you to flash on the tunes, I provide on this website. The HP flash tool Magnuson supplies, that flashes the .RTD file is not compatible, as that tool is locked to Magnuson's tunes.

HP Tuners MPVI2:https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2plus/
2 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the engine:
4 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the automatic transmission:
https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi1-credits-2/
Dodge 2018+ Smart Access Cable: https://www.hptuners.com/product/dodge-2018-smart-access-cable/
VCM Editor and VCM Scanner

If you end up needing to make changes, this wideband is really cool and allows you to look at fueling data with your hp tuner data.
https://www.hptuners.com/product/aem-x-series-obdii-wideband-afr-controller-gauge/
Do you need the Pro Feature for the MPVI2 or just regular?

Sponsored

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
3. Relocation of the fuel tank purge valve. Where magnuson puts the valve, it can resonate on the firewall. Using some fuel vent line you can move it heare and it alleviates the noise.
tempImagefExJiF.png
Curious about this mod. Do you recall hose size? I assume you added it where the oem push clip was added to the Magnuson hose.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Curious about this mod. Do you recall hose size? I assume you added it where the oem push clip was added to the Magnuson hose.
I couldn’t figure out what this entailed either, but seems like I’m getting an occasional rattle. Usually after driving 10-15 minute and then coming to a stop/idle. It’s kind of a low frequency thudding, maybe 5 per second.

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
I couldn’t figure out what this entailed either, but seems like I’m getting an occasional rattle. Usually after driving 10-15 minute and then coming to a stop/idle. It’s kind of a low frequency thudding, maybe 5 per second.
I’ve also heard it mentioned that it sounds like a woodpecker knocking noise. I wouldn’t know. Ya know, since I have GPEC5 and had to pull the whole damn supercharger back off.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
It is a ticking noise that usually happens at low speeds or when idling. It becomes very annoying wheen wheeling. I asked my installer to move it but they didn't since it wasn't in magnusons instructions. To move it now would require pulling the whole sc.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’ve also heard it mentioned that it sounds like a woodpecker knocking noise. I wouldn’t know. Ya know, since I have GPEC5 and had to pull the whole damn supercharger back off.
Yea, saw that…horrible.

Sponsored

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Yea, saw that…horrible.
I say it all in jest. At the end of the day, it’s no big deal, but I will jokingly b*tch and complain every chance I get.

Kims2018jl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl man
I am new to this forum buy I'm looking for someone to help me with a custom tune for my wife's 2018 jl 6 speed using the magnuson charger and smaller pully setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Ps Dave this is the best thread I've seen on this setup. I've learned alot already.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I am new to this forum buy I'm looking for someone to help me with a custom tune for my wife's 2018 jl 6 speed using the magnuson charger and smaller pully setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Ps Dave this is the best thread I've seen on this setup. I've learned alot already.
Looks like you found it.

RescueHoss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
Just finished my install and upload of the Magnuson tune, only issue I have is the "service electronic stability control" light is on the dash. Any known fixes for this?
And on another note and I will show my ignorance here, do you have to keep the Magnuson ryd flash tool connected or can it be removed once tune upload is completed?
This thread has been a great help and thanks for all the advice
Sponsored