Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have about a 1000 miles on mine now, and everyone is correct, the gladiator should of came like this. It could probably shift a bit better, but it is not bad and the truck is just on another level of refinement. In normal driving I barely get past 3K rpm with 35s and 4.10s. The motor just does not work that hard now. Just a muted whistle and boom your at cruising speed. Everything is just so much smoother and the 3.6L is already pretty good in that department. Then there is when you want to move, the jeep feels like it must only weigh 3200lbs, because it just goes. Wife has taken it twice to get groceries, cause truck bed, and she loves driving it. She said it almost feels sporty!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I looked at the install instructions online. They are much better than what I received in the box. Mine had nothing about gapping the spark Plugs dang it. Hope that is not a pain to do.

Couple Questions.
Is there any oil that needs added to the supercharger? Mine makes a little noise at idle. nothing crazy but it is like you can hear the rotors spinning
If yanking the spark plugs would it make sense to go with copper core or something sense you are adding boost.
Does everyone's ambient air temp read accurately? Mine seems to be getting underhood temps, may extend the wires.

OP
OP
LeftCoast32

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
So I looked at the install instructions online. They are much better than what I received in the box. Mine had nothing about gapping the spark Plugs dang it. Hope that is not a pain to do.

Couple Questions.
Is there any oil that needs added to the supercharger? Mine makes a little noise at idle. nothing crazy but it is like you can hear the rotors spinning
If yanking the spark plugs would it make sense to go with copper core or something sense you are adding boost.
Does everyone's ambient air temp read accurately? Mine seems to be getting underhood temps, may extend the wires.
The superchargers have a sealed gear case that does not need service for 100k. The coupler for the rotors does make a little noise at idle. I am going to look into some more performance spark plugs and get back with you. Copper core plugs are much better but do not last long 5-15k. We have been using some silver core plugs on the newer DI engines with great success. My ambient temp reading has been pretty close, I will keep an eye on it.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ngk 90465 lkr8bhx-s thinking about running these spark plugs. They are like a factory forced induction high mileage plug, I guess if there is such a thing.

Sponsored

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
I've been talking with Vivid Racing in Phoenix about supercharging my JT with a Magnuson. I have 16K miles on my JT and it has always been perfect (auto). Only regular oil changes and no problems. This will be interesting, for sure. Mostly, I worry about the tune and the shifting of the transmission but I think I will take the chance and let them do it.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was worried. I bought a spair ECM with my stock tune, and hp tuners dongle for the JT if it did not turn out. I have a couple SCs under my belt. The first couple drives, the transmission was enthusiastic about getting into first, but now I am pretty happy with how the trans is adapting and how it drives. My experience is nothing but positive.

Last edited:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure they use the instructions off of Magnuson's website. The book that came in my box was older and had nothing about setting the spark plug gap and removing the tub on the egr valve. I went ahead and changed my plugs out with the part number listed above. Trust me, you want to do this while putting the sc on because after is quite difficult. Lastly I ended up relocating the ambient air temp sensor. I actually cut my stock harness and added more wire. Put it out front behind the grill. In the Magnuson location it never dropped below 60F
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200425_193825

I actually ended up moving it about 4 inches up. I drilled a hole and mounted it to the composite support behind that cover. There is a nice cubby for it there and now it has been accurate down to 40F

Sponsored

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
DAVECS1: thank you for the head's up. I have forwarded your post to Vivid Racing and they appreciated it.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
anyone have dyno results for 1500-2500 rpms? I'm interested in what the improvement will be while driving on the highway, especially in 6th gear. Right now with 3.73 and 35's it's very sluggish, but 5th rides great. 80mph at 2500rpm. I just hate having to down shift when going up hill, and am hoping there is a good amount of torque added in this low power band to satisfy that need. I would have rather ordered my JT with 4.10, but they would not allow that option on the base sport (not the S) which is dumb but whatever.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone have dyno results for 1500-2500 rpms? I'm interested in what the improvement will be while driving on the highway, especially in 6th gear. Right now with 3.73 and 35's it's very sluggish, but 5th rides great. 80mph at 2500rpm. I just hate having to down shift when going up hill, and am hoping there is a good amount of torque added in this low power band to satisfy that need. I would have rather ordered my JT with 4.10, but they would not allow that option on the base sport (not the S) which is dumb but whatever.
No Dyno, sorry. I can say it is considerably more power, actually the SC does a considerable amount of work in this range. Makes the drive alot smoother in my opinion. How long have you had you JT. It took mine about 1500 miles with the 35s before the trans and the engine seemed like they were in sync and working really good. I questioned getting an SC for a bit, but then came to my senses, lol.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JT will have dyno runs both before and after the install and I will post the results
Is there a way to block me from seeing those lol. I am trying so hard not to mess with mine and just drive it. If I see something it will all be down hill ROFL!
Sponsored