Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Nearly finished with ours. Just need to do some tidying up.
I took it for a quick spin around the block and all I can say is wow. Part throttle power where(I spend most of my time) is a dramatic improvement over stock.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200610_165807_resized
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Nearly finished with ours. Just need to do some tidying up.
I took it for a quick spin around the block and all I can say is wow. Part throttle power where(I spend most of my time) is a dramatic improvement over stock.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200610_165807_resized
Yes indeed, everyone thinks in ultimate hp, but this really shines in every day stuff from 0 to 70

Sponsored

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
The intercooler, radiator and AC condenser are very very close together. On my install, we found out the hard way that a bracket securing one of the intercooler hoses started rubbing against the AC condenser and, after about a week, no more air conditioning. Bear that in mind when installing. Be sure to rotate that bracket out of the way.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Yeah I ended up making a lot of tweaks and three brackets for the hose routings. I was not a completely satisfied with how Magnuson said to route them I mage my own heater core hoses. I did not like tweaking the stock aluminum one. I used Teflon braided An-10 hose and fittings.

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Some centrifugals like the Hamburger's kit are linear and still drive like stock. Roots are either on or off. You can pull out into traffic with 1-2 lbs of boost smoothly vs on like a light switch like a roots. It's all in your preference though.
So, every day drivability question. Which kit is going to be smoother? I’m reading that the Magnuson is jumpy in 1st off the line and you have to feather the throttle.

which kit would my wife be able to drive and not know it’s supercharged outside of the additional power? Not that i wouldn’t tell her I’m supercharging my gladiator or anything...

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
So, every day drivability question. Which kit is going to be smoother? I’m reading that the Magnuson is jumpy in 1st off the line and you have to feather the throttle.

which kit would my wife be able to drive and not know it’s supercharged outside of the additional power? Not that i wouldn’t tell her I’m supercharging my gladiator or anything...
Our kit comes on and accelerates like stock and is linear through the rpm range. With 1-2 lbs of boost coming out into traffic at part throttle without coming on like a light switch. I wouldn't hesitate to let my GF/wife drive with our Hamburger's kit.

Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew

I can't speak for your wife's driving, but the Magnuson is easy to drive. You'll have a harder time explaining why your truck is missing for a couple of days...and then somehow gets to 60mph rather quickly. :)

Magnuson was the official supercharger provider for Toyota's TRD program for over a decade, and that was appealing to me. Not that Jeep isn't known for reliability (haha), having Toyota literally put their stamp on a Magnuson product meant a lot.

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
;)
Our kit comes on and accelerates like stock and is linear through the rpm range. With 1-2 lbs of boost coming out into traffic at part throttle without coming on like a light switch. I wouldn't hesitate to let my GF/wife drive with our Hamburger's kit.
do you have a dyno chart of your kit?

old motorhead

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 Vette, 1969 Camaro SS, 2018 Silverado
Occupation
Retired rice farmer
That "coming on like a light switch" couldn't be further from the truth. I've had multiple Magnuson TVS blowers on trucks and Vettes. You could accelerate all of them rather briskly without even getting into boost. The most recent one was a Heartbeat TVS2300 blown C6 Vette with manual transmission and 660+rwhp. My wife drove it just fine. It drove totally stock with light throttle inputs. Mash a little harder and you get mild boost. If you want full boost, at any rpm over idle, floor it and all of the boost you paid for is right there. No waiting for rpm to build. You control the boost, or lack there of, with your right foot. Makes your vehicle feel 1000#'s lighter.

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
;)

do you have a dyno chart of your kit?
I would like to see an overlay of a Hamburger chart over a Magnuson TVS chart.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I'm not sure where this difficulty driving, or coming on like a "light switch" is coming from.
My wife drives my Gladiator all the time and has zero issues(other than getting in which can be fun watching). I've had several friends with Jeeps drive it and absolutely love it.
Yes the throttle sensitivity feels slightly more responsive in first gear than stock, but it only makes me wish every other gear felt the same. You get used to that change after driving it for a day(like any new vehicle.)

If you really want it to come on like a light switch take out the restrictor in the bypass valve and go for a spin :devil:. I don't advise leaving it like that, but it sure does make power instantaneous in every gear.

My one and only complaint about the tune(and this may be for longevity) is that on the highway the Jeep tends to downshift when lightly pressing the gas rather than building a bit of boost down low. It just makes it sound like the Jeep is trying too hard when it really doesn't need to. This could be attributed to all the extra weight(tires/axles etc), but on the quick spin I took with the restrictor out it felt like the Jeep required much less effort on the highway.
Sponsored