JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Happy New Year!

First time Jeep owner - bought my JL 2dr Sport, manual about 3 months ago...1200 miles. No mods, no off road. When I'm going around 65 and hit a bump (seems to be on the drivers side), Jeep will "shimmy" - I don't think (know) if it's the "death wobble" because I don't feel like everything is going to "fall off", just a bad "shake"..... I just let my foot off the gas and it corrects itself after about 4 or 5 seconds. Doesn't happen often but two questions:

1. If it is the D-wobble, will it get worse if I don't address it?
2. Will the dealer be able to locate the issue if they can't replicate it (it's only happen about 5 times)?
Sponsored

DanielleArtl

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Happy New Year!

First time Jeep owner - bought my JL 2dr Sport, manual about 3 months ago...1200 miles. No mods, no off road. When I'm going around 65 and hit a bump (seems to be on the drivers side), Jeep will "shimmy" - I don't think (know) if it's the "death wobble" because I don't feel like everything is going to "fall off", just a bad "shake"..... I just let my foot off the gas and it corrects itself after about 4 or 5 seconds. Doesn't happen often but two questions:

1. If it is the D-wobble, will it get worse if I don't address it?
2. Will the dealer be able to locate the issue if they can't replicate it (it's only happen about 5 times)?

I've previously had a 2011 Wrangler and didn't experience this issue. I recently purchased the 2018 and now have this issue. I have taken it to my dealer on 4 occasions to have them fix it - to no avail. They state that they have contacted Chrysler to determine what the next step is. This was over a month ago. The problem on my end appears to be getting worse as even smaller bumps/cracks no make my front tires shudder. It does correct itself when I slow down as well, but doing that on a highway is not always ideal. I do not like driving it as it feels very unsafe.
Good Luck :)

OP
OP
JohnAinVA

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I've previously had a 2011 Wrangler and didn't experience this issue. I recently purchased the 2018 and now have this issue. I have taken it to my dealer on 4 occasions to have them fix it - to no avail. They state that they have contacted Chrysler to determine what the next step is. This was over a month ago. The problem on my end appears to be getting worse as even smaller bumps/cracks no make my front tires shudder. It does correct itself when I slow down as well, but doing that on a highway is not always ideal. I do not like driving it as it feels very unsafe.
Good Luck :)
Thanks! How often was it happening?
Sponsored